• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Oshawott is... sort of okay. I don't particularly like them, but that's why I named mine Eridan, and they ended up my starter on White due to my friends and I wanting to create a type triangle. They're decent, at the least, and samurott is amazing. (Encore is fun, too.)

Oshawott is... sort of okay. I don't particularly like them, but that's why I named mine Eridan, and they ended up my starter on White due to my friends and I wanting to create a type triangle. They're decent, at the least, and samurott is amazing. (Encore is fun, too.)

This. Except for the triangle thing.

I haven't played Gen V yet, buuuut I adore Samurott's appearance and I generally choose Water-type starters so I'll probably pick it.

Today's new Pokemon shall be...

Keldeo

647_keldeo_front_norm.png

Keldeo is rather cool and being (I think) she's a a legendary Pokemon (not sure Keldeo is female). What I love about her is that she looks like a pony from My Little Pony, which is awesome.

Apart from that, she is a water/fighting type. How cool is that? I heard she could walk on water and stuff like that. She is apparantly fast (she is a unicorn) and must have high attack (that horn).

She is certainly my favorite of the four muskateers.

... She? Possible resemblance of MLP characters notwithstanding, it's not only genderless but also based on a male character.

At any rate, since it's currently a Pokémon not officially revealed, it doesn't leave a lot to be discussed. It does look kind of cool, but I like the other musketeers better.

And by the way, stat-wise, its Attack is mediocre at best -- it's really the Special Attack that stands out. Although Secret Sword inflicts damage based on Defense, which would be a substitute for decent Attack power, perhaps.

As per your Water/Fighting appreciation: This Guy

Also Keldeo is referred to as the Colt Pokemon, thus he must be male.

Anyways, Keldeo's interesting, and I like how he is the fourth member of the musketeer group, and he is based off of d'Artagnan. Sadly he does have the lowest stat total of all event legends.

I like his design, as it suggests youth in comparison to the other three, as well as the fact that he has the large red mane, which personally looks very cool.

He doesn't look much like a Fighting-type, which I find positive. And... He's actually sort of cute (but legendaries are supposed to be majestic). He doesn't look as good as Cobalion, but at least he isn't ugly like Terrakion. And he's apparently quite fast. But... shouldn't the Water-type have the highest Special Defense? (Well, guess it doesn't apply to cute Water-types. As well as overly physically oriented ones, but that's a different story.)
But as for walking on water, Suicune is more awesome.

My Little Pony... Ugh...how can I put this ettiquettely... It is not as good as I thought. Looking at the stats, it would be a special version of Terrakion; but no. Nintendo gives us a Pokemon that leaves us out. I am "meh" about the designs, but the stats and atrocious movepool turn me away.

Keldeo is adorable and I want it

Mostly because it's really cool and looks like a unicorn in a more interesting way than Rapidash, and I really like unicorns. :[

I don't really like th design, personally. The story line and basis in the three musketeers story is creative. And Secret Sword. :D

Also Keldeo is referred to as the Colt Pokemon, thus he must be male.
Except it's genderless, but at any rate, that's all the more reason to go with male if you really must stick a gender on it.

He's actually sort of cute (but legendaries are supposed to be majestic)
Most if not all legendaries with all-100 stats (Mew, Celebi, Victini...) disagree with that.

Also, if I may ruin the cuteness here: the creature Keldeo is based on (nope, not an unicorn or simply a horse) has a habit of luring children into the lakes they can walk on, drown them and eat them alive. Yep.

Also, if I may ruin the cuteness here: the creature Keldeo is based on (nope, not an unicorn or simply a horse) has a habit of luring children into the lakes they can walk on, drown them and eat them alive. Yep.

That just makes it more adorable. n_n <3 Keldeo!

keldeo.png

It wants to shield us from children!! <33333

Agreed. And it sounds like a most useful Pokemon as well if it can protect us from children. XD

I quite like that fanart of it too there that you posted, Pathos.

It looks like a My Little Pony. That protects us from the horrors of children.

That just makes it more adorable. n_n <3 Keldeo!

[epic fanart]

It wants to shield us from children!! <33333
It also apparently leaves the heart and the liver barren or something like that, if that makes it any worse or better.

New Pokemon of the Day

Tyrogue

Tyrogue

He is a pretty cool character to me. I hate his evolutions though. He is easy to control in a roleplay as well being he is the closest to resemble a human, other than Lucario.

He also has good attacks. It would be awesome if he learned attacks his Hitmon evolution can learn, because that would be sweet.

Back
Top Bottom