• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

It stinks. In battle, I mean. It's a ground-type with barely any ground moves that it learns naturally.

But I really like its design.

Competitively, I've never used one and don't plan to. Design-wise, I'm quite fond of Sandslash, as well as its usual anime voice :)

Today's pokemon shall be...

Blitzle

Yaaaayyyy. *sacrcastic eyeroll* Blitzle is not my favorite. I don't really know why, I just dislike it. Which is odd, because I actually like Zebstrika.

I like Zebras, but I dislike Blitzle for some reason. At least it's cute.

I don't like this line. If I'm going to have an Electric-type on my team in B/W, I'm going to wait for a Tynamo or a Joltik.

Blitzle's alright. I like how it use the standard yellow color scheme to show that it's an Electric-type and its lighting mohawk. That being said, it's the only Unova Electric-type that I haven't used and I probably won't be changing that.

Updated the list, too.

Last edited:
I used one in my first run of White, where I basically just filled up my team as quickly as I could, and didn't really like my Zebstrika. Also it amuses me that an electric-type zebra can set itself on fire without harming itself.

Sandslash: I sort of prefer it to Dugtrio. Must be the visible claws and the obviousness of the fact that it's based on an animal in general. It looks kind of cool.

As for Dugtrio, why aren't they counter-exclusives? They're both pure Ground-type mammals, while Arbok is a pure Poison-type reptile.

Didn't use to learn any damaging Ground moves. But that doesn't matter, the Normal type can get more awesome. (Slash, right?)

The Chinese name apparently means "king of going through mountains", as an upgrade of "mouse that goes through mountains". Part of me thinks it's silly, but the other thinks it's awesome.

Blitzle: I know it's an Electric version of Ponyta, but I like this kind of Electric-types. Flame Charge, Motor Drive, high Speed... But the new version of Lightningrod is great as well.

blitzle, like most of gen 5, annoys me with its ridiculously shallow movepool of not much useful coverage. electric/normal is ... only reasonably workable. and there are only so many things you can do with a movepool which fits on a page.

that said, new day? rng gives me walrein. walrein is nice. I like walrein. effective at its thing, and all.

Walrein is one of my favorite pokemon, though I do like most of Hoenn anyways... I rarely end up with one though, mostly because of how late they arrive in-game.

Walrein

Once upon a time Walrein was my favourite Pokemon! I still quite like it. I'd like to poke its nose but I'd probably get impaled on a tusk.

Competitively, one word. Stallrein.

I'm not sure about its moves, but it looks like meh and I prefer Dewgong.

I don't use OHKOs, but I can still be afraid of them. Especially in the Battle Tower. And Ice Fang is fearsome as well.

Once upon a time Walrein was my favourite Pokemon! I still quite like it. I'd like to poke its nose but I'd probably get impaled on a tusk.

Competitively, one word. Stallrein.

or slightly longer: 32 turns of stall in the Hail.

mind, taunt and encore are the most evil things ever to stallrein but.

Sandslash: Is actually really cool, design-wise! But the movepool's not so great, haha.
Blitzle: What Seeker said, pretty much.

Walrein! I like them a lot. Their design is adorable and awesome, the movepool is decent, and stall is fun.

In almost every run of XD, I had a Walrein. I love its design, and its movepool works great ^-^

but dewgong has only base 90 hp, and marginally more spd! walrein is rather more bulky in every meaningful way! ... hee, dewgong learns horn drill, too. hrml.

Back
Top Bottom