• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

502, Dewott.

502.png

I never really liked the Oshawott line, but I have to say Dewott is my favorite in the line.

Oh man, Dewott's probably my favorite out of the Oshawott line (currently my favorite starter line), but I really do like the whole line. I tend to gravitate towards the middle stages of starter lines because they're still adorable, but have a sort of edge that their previous stages do not. I like how the Oshawott line is based off of samurais, but it isn't immediately obvious. Also scalchops are the best Pokémon weapon, even better than Kadabra spoons.

I prefer Dewott to Oshawott, but after learning exactly how Samurott handles its swords, I prefer it. Razor shell is a pretty awesome move, though.

My original plan for Black 2/White 2 (back when everyone was calling them 'Grey Version'), I was planning to use an Oshawott and not evolve it past Dewott. That didn't happen.

So yeah, Dewott's pretty cool. It's an otter and it is also a sword-guy. And it's a neat shade of blue.

Best of the line. Oshawott looks like a clown and Samurott is just a mashup of Floatzel and Sealeo with weird seashells all over it.

Why is it such a weird blue??????? It just clashes so much with the rest of the line. :c

Actually, its face is the same blue as Samurott's lighter parts. And it makes some sense for light blue to be between white and dark blue.

Initially I was all "urgh the snivy line is the best the others suck", but then I just randomly decided to start with Oshawott in Black 2 and yeah.... I really got to like it. I even have to admit that Oshawott is really adorable, especially in the animé, and Samurott is a pretty neat design.

As for Dewott, I like it a lot now too. The design just really clicks for me, and I like the personality the sprite animation gives it. It's cute how it brandishes its shells, and I like the whiskers. I'm fond of the shades of blue used personally, but then again, blue is my favourite colour anyway.

Gen V wins the award of having the ugliest starters so far and the Oshowatt line wins the award for being the ugliest of them all. While its cool that Samurott learns Megahorn and shit, I never really liked this line. Ive always had a thing against the water starters for some unown reason. I like Oshowatt and Dewott's names though.
Well that's just me... You can Dewott you like.

So pretty and cool and great.

My head is convinced it's a gen III mon so I kind of hold lots of Hoenn nostalgia to it, oops. But I love it!! Weak Armour looks really fun.

Weak Armour looks really fun.
... why? Weak Armor is basically the worst idea for Skarmory ever.

At any rate, I Like Skarmory. Not as much as its super-adorable buddy Mantine, but I do like it a lot. Up there as far as Steel-types go, and there's only a few I do like.

Shame it's not quite what it once was competitively, but you know, when you're at the top (oh, GSC/ADV, I do miss you so), there's nowhere to go but down.

Why! It hardly needs that huuuuuge defence. It's probably terrible competitively or something, but I don't exactly care for that.
... it's also terrible ingame. 140 DEF is pretty stellar, sure, but that's in concert with typing. Bastiodon has 168 DEF, and it sucks. Significantly nerfing your *one* good stat (Skarmory only has 80 ATK, mind) when Autotomise exists is really pointless.

You really can't say that dying faster for the sake of a moveslot (and Skarmory's movepool is slim) is better than a buffer against Thunderbolt or Sand Attack immunity?

Why! It hardly needs that huuuuuge defence. It's probably terrible competitively or something, but I don't exactly care for that.

But that's what Skarmory is about! If it didn't have huge Defence and decent Speed, it would be no better than those prehistoric Rock/Flying types. a Rock-type bird could never be the best of both worlds!

I like the way Skarmory counterparts Mantine. They seem to represent two forms of beauty. One is a majestic manta ray that just swims by peacefully with its big round wings spread wide, and the other is an awesome bird that will cut you to pieces if you invade its territory because it's covered in blades.

Also it's a metallic bird of prey that isn't a Klingon ship.

549 Lilligant.

Lilligant

Yee. Cute(ish) competitive grass-type special sweeper. Also literally saved my w2 run from Clay.

Lilligant is cute and excellent. Except I still like Vileplume more, so I'm rather irritated its spread/movepool are more competitive.

Oh, the Rafflesia, self-proclaimed empress of flowers...

Oh wait, Lilligant is actually sort of pretty. And based on some prettier flowers as well.

Is her foot a flower?

Too bad the one I have in Black has Chlorophyll. The one the guy trades you never has Own Tempo...

Back
Top Bottom