• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Rattata and Pidgey were the most common Pokémon.

Have you ever seen a one-foot-long rat in real life? I haven't, but I could look at pictures. I have Googled images of real one-foot-long spiders.

Today's Pokemon is Malamar, the new squid thing.[/halfhearted attempt to create activity on thread]

507px-Malamar.png

Last edited:
I really liked Inkay when I first saw it, but I'm not particularly fond of Malamar for whatever reason. If I do end up with a Inkay on my team, I probably won't evolve it. Although, I do think that it's neat that we finally have a Psychic/Dark combo, and I'm interested in how the type of new evolution will work. Best guess is that it has something to do with rotation, looking at the two's classification and how Malamar is oriented upside-down compared to Inkay.

Wow. Also Inkay is cute and its name might be based on "okay", while Malamar is imposing and has a clearly negative name. Maybe this also got turned upside down... And it kind of reminds me of Ursula, despite that it's upside down. And what's up with tentacle monsters having mouths so far from their tentacles?

Malamar has already reserved a spot in my future Y team (and my heart), no doubt about that.
Inkay is (obviously) super adorable and Malamar has a lovely colour scheme and that beautiful aura of evil around it. For some reason, I find Malamar's flippery fin-feet really cute. :3

I think the rumours on Pokebeach said something about Inkay evolving when it's leveling up and you flip your 3DS upside-down or something. It does sound pretty legit since the 3DS is able to detect that kind of movement and the upside-down things is a big part of the evolution line.

Compared to the Horsea line I'm not quite as fond of its design - I find the other to be cuter. But I don't dislike it either - just sorta neutral on the whole, I suppose.

Skelp, the Sea Dragon Pokémon.
Often thought of as Horsea's drug-riddled cousin, it tends to become randomly confused in battle.

It looks like it could be a character of the week in one of the rubbish new Spongebob episodes, with a similar personality to Squidward and yet is hated by the real Squidward.

I really like Skrelp, since it's not conventionally 'beautiful' yet it has a really pretty design. It has a lot of potential, considering what its real-life counterparts look like.
Just look at this thing and tell me it's not super amazing:
JVQSpjg.jpg
Unless another even better water/poison poke pops up, I'm probably going to use Skrelp in my team.
It definitely needs more love than it gets <3

Woop woop new day

Bisharp

I love Bisharp, pretty much I caught a shiny one when it was a Pawniard.

Bisharp is so cool looking, I love it. Plus I like its types. But I really haven't used one very much, so I can't say too much from personal experience with it.

Bisharp, the sword blade pokémon. It battles to lead a large group of Pawniard, but if it loses, it is kicked out of the group.

Reminds me of Scyther from the Orange Islands.

Tentacruel is pretty epic. Good memories from my first pokemon game, (Ruby). But I have never personally trained a Tentacool or Tentacruel, sooo...yup XD

I've tried one in an ongoing Poison monotype run of HGSS and it's been pretty useful on the whole (sure did help that it finally evolved on that note though).

Back
Top Bottom