• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Well, Ralts looks amorphous, and the rest of the line is still grey and weird. Being that sleek and slender, Gardevoir might not even have bones. And that dress is probably made of the same stuff as the body and can act like a veil of tentacles. Without telekinesis. Psychics are weird.

EDIT: Oh wait, there are four three-stage lines that are pure Psychic, with two being "humanoid" and two "amorphous." And of each two, one looks like a lady. My tendency to think of unrelated things as counterparts is weird.

Well, Ralts looks amorphous, and the rest of the line is still grey and weird. Being that sleek and slender, Gardevoir might not even have bones. And that dress is probably made of the same stuff as the body and can act like a veil of tentacles. Without telekinesis. Psychics are weird.

EDIT: Oh wait, there are four three-stage lines that are pure Psychic, with two being "humanoid" and two "amorphous." And of each two, one looks like a lady. My tendency to think of unrelated things as counterparts is weird.

Yeah there's lots of strange things you can think about. Like them might not having bones - for some reason despite there being Pokémon professors around the place I do doubt much actual research has been done into Pokémon medicine (why would you when you have a machine that heals them to perfect health?), so it's probably not very well known what their insides are like. After all, there are Pokémon that are literally just a pile of ooze so it's not like it's beyond the realm of thought that their insides aren't similar to real world animals.

And about their dresses, it is likely that they're a part of the Pokémon but I doubt they're like tentacles (unlike, say, Frillish where they clearly have a use and looking like a dress is just a secondary characteristic). Though I do wonder what the dress actually looks like? Sometimes it's made out to be one thing that goes all of the way around and splits at the front but other times it's in strands where they would look a bit like they could be tentacles.

Pokémon with clothes have always been weird. They're probably a part of the Pokémon but what is it actually made of? Is it like hair or something? What about on Pokémon like Sawk when it really seems like it could just be taken off like normal clothes?

Well, if the Pokémon is actually humanoid or a dog, the clothes probably are made from something like hair, which is dead and Jynx can only control it with telekinesis. And Rhyperior is actually wearing a rock armor. But the Ralts-line is weird after all. The dress might be a flap of skin. If they have skin. Maybe their cells or whatever are only differentiated into soft gray stuff, tougher green stuff, pink stuff with psychic sensors and the other kinds of sensory input. Yeah, they probably can stare into your soul with their irises.

This is how all Pokémon discussions should be.

Just a note, most of the Pokémon that don't seem to have basic anatomy usually have their anatomy explained to some extent, e.g. Muk and Grimer.

250px-565Carracosta.png

its a new day so have carracosta.
i like carracosta's design, but i vastly prefer archeops, myself

Hate it. But I suppose it's a bit better than Archeops in terms of defense (okay a lot), and it's ability doesn't suck unlike its counterpart. Still like Archeops better.

Yeah there's lots of strange things you can think about. Like them might not having bones - for some reason despite there being Pokémon professors around the place I do doubt much actual research has been done into Pokémon medicine (why would you when you have a machine that heals them to perfect health?), so it's probably not very well known what their insides are like. After all, there are Pokémon that are literally just a pile of ooze so it's not like it's beyond the realm of thought that their insides aren't similar to real world animals.

I dunno, having a device in the pokémon world that can heal any kind of pokémon to me presupposes that intense research has gone into pokémon biology, because how else would such a machine exist? unless pokémon centres run on the tears of chansey or something

Well, Pokémon seem to have a lot of magical overlap in their biology. Naturally-occurring berries have the same effect on all of them, and there are moves like Heal Pulse, for starters. I'm not sure it would really take all that much intense research to figure out how to heal them. (Also according to the anime they can all happily eat the same kibble and making it is no big deal.)

Carracosta is pretty neat! Then again there aren't a whole lot of Pokémon that I don't think are at least pretty neat. Its colour scheme is pretty.

IT IS PRETTY WEIRD though that apparently every single Pokémon back in the prehistoric day was rock.

Last edited:
IT IS PRETTY WEIRD though that apparently every single Pokémon back in the prehistoric day was rock.

Well, there were the ones that are now Ancientpower evolutions. And probably Tentacruel. And some amphibians. But yeah, even Gastrodon had Rock-type ancestors. Maybe the snail should be an Ancientpower evo without form differences.

Anyway, Carracosta. Reminds me of the Ninja Turtles a bit, except they are green, have better limbs and their shells don't look so cool.
Oh, and more biological weirdness. The egg groups. Monster does make sense, but Water 3? Blastoise, the other turtle, is in Water 1, along with a bunch of amphibians and aquatic mammals. Water 3 is mostly about invertebrates.

I think Tirtouga is cute but I'm not fond of Carracosta's design.
There's something about their evo line that makes them feel like they're gen 4 Pokémon but I can't put my finger on what exactly.

I dunno, having a device in the pokémon world that can heal any kind of pokémon to me presupposes that intense research has gone into pokémon biology, because how else would such a machine exist? unless pokémon centres run on the tears of chansey or something

It's a universal healing machine, so unless they've done intense research into every Pokémon individually and made a machine that takes into account all of that information, I think there's just some magic thing that lets it work on every species. And I doubt they've done much research on extinct prehistoric Pokémon or legendaries or glitch Pokémon
Maybe they run on Ditto stem cells or some witchcraft like that.

But then again, seeing as how they do have such a machine, what's stopping an evil scientist from dissecting a Pokémon alive and healing it, leaving no evidence behind? D:

Thinking too much about Pokémon medicine only ends up with out-of-universe reasons for things. Like why does fresh water heal more HP than a potion? Kinda silly if you ask me.

I'm no scientist so I could be totally wrong in my assumptions here, but maybe rock types make better fossils?

It's really cute, probably the cutest Pokémon in my opinion, but I haven't seen enough of it to know how it is in any terms other than aesthetic ones.

Weirdly cute undead pumpkin/bat thingie. The Dex entry in Y kinda reminds me of Dusknoir. Too bad its evo is evil. That couldn't happen to Dusknoir.

It's a fluffy cat vampire thing poking out of a pumpkin. I don't see what's not to love about it. I love its evolution too, but I was disappointed that it lost the cat like traits and became sort of like a melting candle. And no cute little fangs either...

156Quilava.png

Quilava! Not bad at all (for a starter), and it's got one of the best designs of any Pokémon in my opinion. It was my favorite for a while, but after I heard its voice in the anime, things slowly... drifted... apart.

Last edited:
Middle stage starters are definitely some of my favorites and Quilava's no exception. I've always liked the fire mohawk and sleek design. I started out with Cyndaquil first in Gen II, so the whole line kind of special to me.

In most games, the fire starter is my favourite. Sometimes it's because the other two look stupid, but in gen 2 I like the other two a lot. So I must like the Cyndaquil line even more than that.

I'm pretty sure Quilava is my favourite of the three, since it's cooler looking than Cyndaquil but isn't standing on its hind legs yet (not always anyway) so it's cuter than Typhlosion.

EDIT: Also thanks for bumping this thread. There are lots of Pokémon I get ideas about that I could have made posts about like I did with Gardevoir but I don't like double-posting :c

Last edited:
Welp, since no one else has done it yet, I'll put another one up.

And... the Pokémon of the day is Walrein!

365.png

The Ice Break Pokémon. I like the concept, but I feel as if it could have been so much cooler, and it won't be the same if they recycle the idea. It's pretty decent, I suppose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom