• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Never liked it, when i first started playing Black i originally thought it was a Glameow clone. Of course that was when I was in the fifth grade.

Still don't like it.

And the Pokémon of the day is...

skiploom.gif

Skiploom! This line has always been somewhat confusing to me since I had no idea Skiploom even existed until I saw it in the anime at some point. I don't really know how I feel about it... I have one in my SoulSilver run and it's served me decently, though I can't say much about it. It's alright, I guess.

Skiploom is part of one of the most adorable evolution chains ever created by Game Freak. I've never really used one, but I guess they'd be fun to use, especially since they got Acrobatics added to their moveset.

I think it's been done before but..............

Alakazam

ALAZAZAM!

I really like this line, it's very helpful, especially if you can trade ol' Dabbie to get this great beast!

I have to say that I love Alakazam to death. I love all four of the original trade evolution Pokémon, but Alakazam stands out to me the most. I blame that beautiful, glorious moustache. The Micro Machines guy and Theodore Roosevelt have nothing on Alakazam's awesome lip hair.

I really wouldn't think they are, I just imagine Alakazam (and Kadabra, for that matter) likes to find a little knickknack that's good for exercising its powers on. Perhaps it doesn't even need to be a spoon! Imagine an Alakazam meditating with a Rubik's Cube floating in front of it slowly solving itself!

So then I guess it's like Kangaskhan in that it isn't born with the thing it always has in the games, it's just that there's only one sprite/model.

And the Pokémon of the day is...

gardevoir.gif

Gardevoir!
Gardevoir is decent; it gets good Abilties, but its movepool is somewhat dull. I suppose its 350max Sp.Atk makes up for that. I'm still confused about its gender ratio, though.

We did Gardevoir recently!

At least now they have legs in a main series game! Although since last time I think someone pointed out that you do briefly see legs in its HGSS animation.

I have a Gardevoir figure that came in a tube along with Magmortar, Beautifly and Empoleon.

In third gen games, my team always has a female Gardevoir named Circe since Gardevoir gets nice coverage. It can use Shadow Ball and Shock Wave which, when complemented with Psychic and Calm Mind, works nicely as an in-game Special sweeper. I also really like it's design, both regular and Mega.

Since you posted its XY model I may as well say I've been a fan of the idea that they walk in such a way that they look like they're just floating (if you've seen the movie Mars Attacks, I mean like when the alien disguises himself as a woman) I'm not sure if the fact that it sways like that in X and Y makes it less likely that it walks like that or not.

my team always has a female Gardevoir named Circe.

I suck at nicknames. If I had a Gardevoir I'd just call it Gardy. Like how I call Murkrow Murky and Absol Abby.
I also found out that "Gardie" is Growlithe's Japanese name. My standard nickname for Growlithe is the slightly less uncreative Ruffles.

I don't like the Mega that much. With that big puffy skirt and two chest spikes that might resemble something else, it loses that mysterious alien look and just inspires... wrong thoughts. Compared to that, the basic form is Slenderman-style imposing. Slender... lady. That might be a man. And is part blob and part Grey alien.

I've always liked gardevoir for some reason. Perhaps it's that it just looks very dignified and/or mature. I also appreciate Gallade.

Always been a Gardevoir fan, ever since Gen 3! The elegant appearance really sells her for me, and she was a great Alakazam substitute before I could finally trade and get one myself. As hard as using a Ralts can be, Gardevoir is always worth it (And Gallade, too!)

Gardevoir and Aggron were the core of my Sapphire team and I've appreciated the two ever since.

Actually, now that it's time for a new Pokémon, I present...

aggron.gif

Aggron! I always thought this Pokémon was great, but now it has gotten more attention recently due to its Mega Evolution. If you can get past its 4x weaknesses, it is a pretty fierce physical tank.

Its terrible weaknesses are made partially okay by it's awesome resistances to Flying and Normal, not to mention Mega Aggron gets Filter. Its movepool outside of TMs is pretty pitiful, but its stats are pretty remarkable, especially its Defence.

I say screw the stats, it's always been a reliable physical wall for me, even more-so with it's Mega Evolution.

And may I mention that it's a freaking armored triceratops crossed with a carnivorous prehistoric monster? I can't help but love that.

Aw yes. Metal Rhydon with two long thin horns and beautiful blue eyes. Where is the carnivorous prehistoric monster? All I see is herbivorous prehistoric monster awesomeness turned into stone and metal. Pretty shiny metal.

I have an Aggron on my team in Sapphire and it has happened to me several times that some trainer's Breeder used Roar and she was sent out. Almost like he was summoning her. Someone likes getting smashed...

Back
Top Bottom