• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed [DEAD] Illusions of the Past

Re: Illusions of the Past

Galacta Knight turned to Mecha Sonic. "I think this machine is on to something." He paused for a moment, pretending to be thinking. "I have it. You know the one who patrols the border, the one we were just talking about? If we were to make an example of him, it would certainly frighten the east side." Then I could have my revenge on him...

---

Meta Knight stared wide-eyed as the husky transformed into a seemingly humanoid form. "What is the meaning of this?" Readying his sword, he turned to Light. "If you cannot defend yourself, I suggest you run."

Last edited:

"Not only would we make an example of him, we'd seize the border for ourselves. If we seize the border, we could prevent the heroes from entering the city ever again," Bonecrusher said, 'Furthermore, by seizing the border, we could use that as the staging point for attacks on the heroes."

Last edited:

((Oh, come one. Cell offered the King of Sorrow a perfectly good fight. >:/ Blah.))
---
Cell blinked. It seemed like the thing had just not noticed him. Who the hell does he think he is?!

In a fit of rage, he went after the thing. Eventually, he found it sitting on a crushed car. And then there was a strangley dressed human nearby. Pointy-eared, green clothes... Big sword. He really didn't care. So he telported as he had earlier, only he was directly behind the green and white thing now.

"Huh. You obviously need a little cheering up. Why don't I help you with that?" Cell's tail poised itself above his shoulder.

Vegeta was once again floating above the city. He could sense Cell, or rather, everything he had ever encontered, but he firgured that Cell wasn't worth his time. Hm. Well, when he finds a way to transform, then maybe I'll deal with him.
---
((Cell doesn't know what the line is all about, so he's going to just do whatever he wants until he DOES figure it out, 'kay?))

Link was about to leave before a green-skinned lizard thing appeared near the rabbit. He had no idea what it was, but it certainly wasn't a hero. This thing was creepy looking. Unsure how exactly to react, he did the first thing that came to mind; shooting an arrow at its head, not that he expected it to do much. Monsters rarely died from one hit.

Envy sneered.

“You want to fight? Very well.” He said, a second before a shower of sparks signaled the transformation of his left arm into a massive cobra, which lunged forward, jaws agape. Venom was dripping from the cobra-arm’s fangs, and it was hissing. Envy cackled.

Meta Knight instinctively withdrew his wings, which turned back into a cape. But before he could fall, he grabbed it and threw it over himself, reappearing a short distance away. "I have no quarrel with you. Return to your side or you will face the entire eastern populace."

"-Even the runt is more interesting than you.”

Len thought inwardly at what Envy had said. The word two, rather than three. She was not included in his judgement. Did that mean he found her as something else other than an eyesore?

Len looked away from Light and Envy, to the far side of the street. She couldn't bother with thinking about those kinds of things. Right now her main priority was serving her master. She did not need to worry about whether or not he found her interesting or useful.

But it still felt nice to not be considered an eyesore. A smile, a very small but certainly existing smile found itself on her face as the strange ball disappeared in response to Envy's charge. She step forward just next to Envy as if offering herself at his disposal.

-----

What planet? What kind of absurd question was that?

"What the hell are you talking about?! Does it look like I am from any other planet other than this one?!!" Edward angrily hit his fist against the steel couch. Even when he tried to remain calm couldn't. Every single thing about this damn place confused him and it was annoying the crap out of him.

Last edited:

Sage shrugged again, slightly taken aback by the human's reaction. He was certainly was easy to anger. What was wrong with him? Maybe he was crazy. Or all humans were like this. That would explain a lot.
I wouldn't know. I haven't encountered creatures like you at all until now. Why are you so upset, anyway?

Last edited:

"Mwehehe, alrighty then.", Karou agreed with Galacta Knight's choice of target, "The stout winged one seems to stand watch over the border areas, he's there near my little sleep spot. So maybe, I'll watch out for him, and you guys can ambush him. We've got to do this before the sunrises, I think."

Cell grunted as an arrow pierced his head. "You're goning to regret that..." He hissed. He pulled the arrow out, and let his skin take about five seconds to regenerate before teleporting behind the Elf thing. He threw his knee up at Link's spine, at the same time, punching at the back of his head.
---
((Okay, at this point, I don't know what to do with Vegeta. Anyone, help me, I don't care how, just give Vegeta something to do.))

Did that thing just heal itself?! He had never seen that happen; not even Ganon healed that q-
Something bashed into his back, knocking him over as he was punched in the head simultaneously. Caught completely off-guard, Link was suddenly thrown forward onto the pavement, effectively doing a faceplant. Stunned for a second, he rolled to the side and got to his feet, quickly assessing the damage. Probably minimal, would certainly leave bruises. Still, it hurt. He wished he had his shield with him, though.
This meant war. Hero of Time versus this evil green monster.. thing. Piece of cake. Hopefully.
Link drew his sword and slashed as hard as possible, aiming for Cell's neck. He didn't care how much this.. thing could heal, nothing can survive decapitation. Usually.

Cell's head was lopped off. And from his neck, a green blob started to emerge. It took about thirty seconds to shape, and it's colors appeared. "Hmhmhm... Good swing." Then his tail lashed out, attempting to absorb Link's Energy.

Link backed away several steps, actually frightened for the first time since.. when?
This thing's head just.. grew back. That was not normal. That wasn't possible, even with magic. How do you kill something like this thing, whatever it was?! But running away wasn't an option. Ever.
The.. thing's tail whipped against his arm, hard. It didn't hurt much, but something was wrong immediately. He felt weaker.. no.
Batting it away, he pulled several bombs out of his pocket, lit the fuses with magic (Harder to do than normal. What did that thing do?!) and threw them at Cell, ducking out of the way of the explosion that would happen momentarily. This thing was going to die. Somehow. As soon as he figured out how.

Cell felt the energy flow from Link to him. He smiled to himsefl. At least until he asw the bombs. "Ah!" They went off, and Cell seemed to be gone. And seemingly, out of nowhere, a green blob was shaping into his body, steadily growing bigger.

((Sucks to be Link right now. Good luck, Link.))

"Then it's decided." said Galacta Knight, looking up at the sky. The day had certainly flown by. It was already sunset. "What shall we do with him, kill him or lock him up somewhere? If we do the latter, we could use him as bait for the eastern side to enter our territory or hold him for ransom, but if we kill him, he will be permanently out of the way."

((...Sucks to be Meta Knight. D:))

((xD))
No.Way. It was going to keep regenerating, over and over, no matter what. Unless he incinerated it..?
Link ran forward towards the blob, mumbled something, then slammed his fist into the ground. A huge plume of fire exploded around himself and it. This thing was not going to regenerate again, whatever it was. It was going to burn, and die.

The lower section of the blob disappeared. Regardless, it continued to grow. And although it took three minutes, Cell was back. His upper half was done regenerating, but his lower half seemed to be lagging behind. And now, because of the Saiyan in him, he was now stronger than before. To escape the flames, he teleported above Link, and finished regenerating. "Well, I'll admit, that hurt quite a bit."

Cell was organic, and felt pain. Just not as much as he should. Now, if he was in his perfect form, he'd feel the full power of link. But as it was, he was too imperfect. No, he was too artificial to feel much pain now. "Let's put an end to this." Golden Aura surrounded Cell. He pulled his hands back to his right side, where a blue ball of energy was forming. "Ka-Meh-Ha-Meh...." The ball grew bigger. "HA!!!!!!!!!" Cell fired the attack at Link, a beam coming from the ball. He figured Link would dodge this, but if not, he was dead for sure.

"Kill him," Bonecrusher said. "If we leave him alive, there's always a small chance that the rescue attempt could succeed, and the eastern side would then fortify themselves even further."

Envy snorted when his blow missed the smaller life-form, and his arm returned to normal in a shower of blue sparks.

"Quick little bastard you are. I guess this form won't be enough to take you on then. It's time to show you my true form...!"

As he finished the sentence, Envy's body arched, blue sparks dancing across the concrete away from his body, which stretched into a massive beast. Eight limbs held up a thick, reptile body with a long thick tail. Spines sprouted from his back, and his face became a vaguely canine muzzle. Hundreds of humanoid...things covered his body, crying out for their loved ones and longing for death. One of his eyes was now pure black, the other filled with a dozen red irises. He grinned widely.

"Isn't it beautiful? My real body, with the lives of thousands fused with my own. I could destroy your city with this raw power!" He snarled, thrashing his tail behind him.

----

"Are we going to attack now?" Pride asked, smiling innocently up at the others. "Or wait until later?"

"Like I said before," Karou replied to Pride, "I think we should grab him at night or just before dawn. I'll watch out for him, and some others can grab him as soon as we see a chance. Or do you have a better idea?"

Back
Top Bottom