• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[DEAD] Pokémon: A Tale of Time

Re: Pokémon: A Tale of Time

Fist turned and saw a newcomer Cyndaquil, along with his Trainer. The Cynaquil had used Smokescreen, but Fist was far away enough so that he was unaffected. A Chikorita had used Razor Leaf to whack Fist's opponent away. There were only a few Mightyena standing, so Fist used Wake-Up Slap on two of them. The Machoke turned to see the trembling Ralts. The Fighting-type dashed out of the way to pick up the Ralts in his arms and place it next to the female Trainer. He then turned to look at the Mightyena pack, protecting the little Psychic Pokemon from harm.

"Huh?" Mai was surprised to see the Machoke help protect the Ralts. Apparently, so was the Ralts. It was laying on the ground, thinking "Oh, I'm gonna die! Why are all these big things fighting around me?" And a Mightyena pounced on Blade, who tried to shake it off, but it's claws and teeth sank into his body.

"Flash," Nick said slowly, "you said you knew this place better than my house."

"I said I MIGHT know this place better than your house," Flash said to correct him. Nick rolled his eyes. "Hey, what's that?" Flash asked. Nick looked in the direction that Flash was looking in. There was a pack of Mightyena, and many Pokemon and trainers were fighting them. Nick turned to the sheep Pokemon next to him. She nodded.

"Alright, Mareep use Thunder!" Mareep charged up her fur and sent a large wave of electricity towards the Mightyena. Flash began to buzz loudly, which seemed to have an effect on the Mightyena.

Scar carefully followed the faded footprints; he hadn't noticed them until now. At one point, they completely faded, leaving Scar clueless. He decided to follow the direction in which they had ended; after all, the Zangoose appeared to be in a straight line.
When he saw a white flash in the bushes, he looked toward it. He noticed another Zangoose, who was hunting a Staravia. Her eyes were locked on her prey, and she was stepping as light as a Noctowl's wingbeat. The Staravia was completely unaware of her until she leaped on top of it. The strange Zangoose managed to claw its wing and neck, slowing it down until she could catch it with both paws and dispatch it with a bite to the head.
When the stranger killed her prey, Scar growled, "I am Scar. Why are you hunting on my territory?" He raised his bloodstained claws.
The other Zangoose stood up. "Where I lived, there is a terrible lack of prey all of a sudden. This is just the next place I came to.
"Now let me introduce myself. My name is Flower."

Last edited:

Darkeon jumped to attack the Mightyena off Blade, but another Mightyena Faint Attacked him to the ground as well. Blade held up a PokéBall to the Mightyena on top of him, and it got sucked in. "Mai, try to catch the Mightyena on top of Darkeon!" he said and tossed her a ball, which she threw at the Mightyena, freeing Darkeon, who ran up to Blade. "Come on, we have to rest for a minute." he told Darkeon, but the Umbreon disobeyed and continued to fight.

Last edited:

Musa flew over the trees, singing happily. Her belly was full from the Weedle, and she was looking for a place to rest.
She came across a small apple tree and settled down. She began grooming her feathers.

The Milotic had already caught her breakfast, and was now full-up, basking in the sun on a beach, occasionally splashing water on her head with her fins.

"There's a blank space of forest to the south." Scar pointed in that direction. "That can be your territory."
Flower looked in that direction. "There's no prey over there. I went there, since I saw the claw marks here, but I couldn't find even a Rattata. I didn't want to take the risk, but this was the only place I could come to."
Scar realized that she was right. He had tried making his own territory there long ago, but he couldn't survive there. He had to wander further into the forest until he came here.
A part of him wanted to send Flower off to find her own territory, but something kept him from clawing her. He tried to give her a Slash, but somehow, he couldn't.
All he could do now was growl, "Fine. You can live here. But try to stay away from me." He walked away, back to his sleeping place, and curled up for some slumber.

As the smoke cleared, Talon saw Firaga still shooting out embers at the Mightyena. "All right, now try Double Kick!" The Cyndaquil turned around and used its hind legs to kick a Mightyena twice in the face. It was super effective, and the second kick knocked the Mightyena back into another of its pack. "Now lets go for a Quick Attack!" As Talon commanded this, the small flaming pokemon suddenly dashed towards a Mightyena so fast it could barely be seen, knocking it down almost to the point of unconsciousness. Then, Talon reached into his bag and pulled out a pokeball. He threw it at the Mightyena and captured it inside, and after a few wiggles, the ball beeped. Talon had caught his first Pokemon! He picked up the ball and put it on his belt, and he saw that several Mightyena had started retreating. Talon commanded Firaga to Ember the ones still fighting, and Firaga immediately launched a spray of small fireballs at the opponents.

"Good job, everyone." Then Blade notice a man standing there. "Huh? Who are you?" he asked him. Darkeon seemed to take an intrest in his Cyndaquil. Mai ran up to Blade and the man. "Hello, I'm Mai, and you?"

Fist watched as the action slowed down, and turned to the Trainers. He bowed his head to them and kneeled down. Even though the Trainers wouldn't understand him, one of their Pokemon might be able to translate for them. "My name is Fist. I welcome you into my territory, as I saw the way your Pokemon fought." Then he stood up and turned to walk away into the forest.

"Uhh, my name is Talon. Talon Orre. And this here is Firaga," he said as he pointed to the Cyndaquil. "May I ask how exactly this fight started? Also, is that your Machoke walking away?"

Musa was now back in flight and spotted a Lopunny dancing.
Wow, she's pretty!
The Chatot landed on a nearby branch and watched.

"Huh? The Machoke? That isn't mine. Actually, I think it's wild. This battle started because a pack of Mightyena were attacking this little Ralts and we came to help it. Then the Machoke came in and helped us...well anyways, I'm Blade, and me and Mai are new to the region. So what do you do?" Blade replied to Talon's questions

"I'm a professor here! Well, really I'm a Field Professor, which is another way of saying I go out and collect research for the real Professor, Redwood. He lives in the lab back at the city I just came from: Oran City."

Mai was excited at this. "Really? A field professor? I think that's awesome! Will you take us there? I would really like to meet Redwood, and continue talking somewhere safer." Blade sighed. "If you take her I guess I'm pulled in too, aren't I?" "Yep, because your mom left you responsible!" "-And there's no stopping you from going anywhere." "We should probably take the Ralts too, right? To protect it?"

Fist stalked around the woods. He came to a bush of berries, which he ate the berries (I don't know how to say that) to regain his lost energy from the battle. He was curious about the humans, so he started toward their direction. Blocking his path were a team of Granbull. "This is our territory," the leader growled.
"Not necessarily," Fist replied calmly. "It's mine." And with that he hurled one of the Granbull behind him, not paying attention to its high flight and crash to the ground.
"Anyone else want that?" the Machoke warned them.
One of the purple dogs stepped forward. "I'm not afraid of you," and she began punching her fists and hopping in place.
"Oh, really?" Fist said in a sarcastic tone. He picked up the dog with one hand and tossed it back with the others.
Finally, the leader spoke. "I'll face you in a one-on-one battle."

When Scar woke up, he decided to find Flower. He followed her scent, and apparently she had been going towards the edge of the territory. Good, Scar thought, I'm finally rid of her.
Then he saw her, trapped in some kind of thing with jaws. It was silver and sparkly. Her rear right leg was caught and bleeding. She was apparently trying to get out of it.
"Hold still," she said. Flower looked at him, as if she were shocked to see him, but she stayed calm anyway.
Scar had learned how to get these off back when his parents were still alive. He grabbed a stick that had a small stub of a branch on one end, and slid it through the trap's teeth. From there, he pried it open, letting Flower remove her paw before it snapped back again.
Flower's paw was bleeding heavily. She began to lick it to try to stop the bleeding, but Scar knew better. He wrapped it in a long leaf to act as a cast. He nodded, and walked away to find something to hunt. But, after being unsuccessful to find anything, he decided to just sleep for the rest of the day.

Back
Top Bottom