• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dictionary Mafia [Night 4]

Re: Dictionary Mafia [Day 1]

The thing about abstaining here is that we normally have no evidence on day 1. However, in this game we do have evidence. But since you guys have made very logical points, I am going to change to abstain for the moment. Although I could see antidisestablishmentarianism being an interesting word.
We seldom have actual evidence in a game of mafia. What we usually have is knowledge, which tends to be scarce early-game. Even knowledge that sounds unhelpful, like "the mafia decided to kill ole_schooler for some reason" to "I would roleclaim but don't want to risk the mafia wanting to off me", can actually mean something, specially if coupled with more information.

Re: Dictionary Mafia [Day 1]

After some hesitation, the townspeople decided they didn't have enough evidence to find a culprit yet. They returned to their daily lives, where it would almost be a normal day if it weren't for the disquieting sense of foreboding.

In the small, dark room, the boy set down his dictionary and carefully locked the door behind himself as he left for the night.

No one was killed.

2 days for night actions

Re: Dictionary Mafia [Night 1]

The townsfolk woke the following morning, afraid of what they might find. But today everything seemed peaceful, surprisingly. Later that day, someone finally noticed that their colleague had not come in to work today, but the poor man had merely fallen ill and was left unable to talk.

The boy flipped briefly through his dictionary, scribbling some notes here and there.

No one was killed.
Mr. Fancy Pants was silenced and cannot post today.

2-ish days for discussion and lynching

Re: Dictionary Mafia [Day 2]

Well, either we have a lazy mafia, or very lucky healer.

And apparently we have a silencer that didn't like MF's posts, which sucks cause I wanted to see how long he could keep that up.

I'd rather we not use our next abstain. Inspector, whoever and where ever you are, you got leads?

I'm not sure which I would rather have :P

How could anyone dislike MF's posts?????? I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE not really

If all else fails, we could always inactive lynch

A lucky healer is just lucky. A lazy mafia could be exploited.

Anyway, a silencer making people sick? ... I call Wargle.

Hey, so I have an interesting variant on inspector, and while I don't know which is mafia and which is innocent, I do know that Coloursfall and Phantom have different alignments

I suspect Phantom, then. For starters, their words -- while an appoggiatura is a kind of resolution, to mythopoetize something could be interpreted as to change it from real to imaginary, therefore killing a person, or erasing their name from the dictionary as it would be in context.

And while further evidence is really not conclusive at all, I may as well throw all the bias I can out there as long as I'm doing it already.
Well, either we have a lazy mafia, or very lucky healer.
If Phantom were Mafia, this could be a way to throw us off-track by disguising either her laziness or the fact that she was blocked by a medic somehow.
And apparently we have a silencer that didn't like MF's posts, which sucks cause I wanted to see how long he could keep that up.
However, MF was also one of the bigger contributors, and he was one of our greatest assets; the way I see it he was targeted by the Mafia-aligned silencer while the don took on someone else instead.
I'd rather we not use our next abstain.
This could be genuine, but for a possible mafia member it could be a way of getting rid of everyone easier and quicker.
Inspector, whoever and where ever you are, you got leads?
And the best lead of them all, this might be bait to find the inspector so that the Mafia have a target.

Hey, so I have an interesting variant on inspector, and while I don't know which is mafia and which is innocent, I do know that Coloursfall and Phantom have different alignments

My sources say that you are a Scientist.
Who else have you compared?

I suspect Phantom, then. For starters, their words -- while an appoggiatura is a kind of resolution, to mythopoetize something could be interpreted as to change it from real to imaginary, therefore killing a person, or erasing their name from the dictionary as it would be in context.

And while further evidence is really not conclusive at all, I may as well throw all the bias I can out there as long as I'm doing it already.

I have a role, I would rather not reveal it until needed.

If Phantom were Mafia, this could be a way to throw us off-track by disguising either her laziness or the fact that she was blocked by a medic somehow.

Or it may be that those are the only logical conclusions, that or that an alien's been activated. Your pick, but those are the only reasons that there was no death. Or roleblock... those are are options.

However, MF was also one of the bigger contributors, and he was one of our greatest assets; the way I see it he was targeted by the Mafia-aligned silencer while the don took on someone else instead.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic in my posts, I was just commenting on how his posts were funny as well as informative.

This could be genuine, but for a possible mafia member it could be a way of getting rid of everyone easier and quicker.

Actually now that I'm thinking alien I think it might be good to abstain and let the mafia, I sort of hope they do, kill the alien if there is one.

And the best lead of them all, this might be bait to find the inspector so that the Mafia have a target.

Or so we know who the hell to lynch?

... On the topic of alien, it's possible that one is third-party while one is innocent. Or one is third-party while the other is mafia.

I want to hear what Coloursfall has to say.

Not terribly much, I'm afraid. My role is fairly simple to understand but seems to be difficult to work with in any capacity, though. I'm also innocent-aligned but that's not really very helpful to say.

I will answer questions and such if you have any though.

I suppose there's not real way to win against that question is there? Don't tell and I am branded mafia, and do tell and become a target. I could play it cryptic, but perhaps that would be too bothersome? The simple trill of words on the sheet of my own cavatina, to give up my own leitmotif while it could potentially become my own sweet requiem or funeral dirge! What would you pick for the sweet rhythm that marks the link between two notes?

A simple giving up of my theme and timbre would perhaps be to easy. And easy is not my...forte, you could say.

...Hmm.

I suppose I have an idea of your role.

Makes me want to vote for Phantom, but I'd rather she properly claim (or at least hint) first.

Only if a healer promises to heal me so I don't get fricking killed, oh wait that would kbe stjpid and reveal a healer or am I mafia trying to get a doctor to claim?

A night one I was given two names one mafia and one innocent. I don't know which is which.

So how about this, I give you one of the names, inspector go ahead and inspect that person, someone heal me so I don't die so if they person isn't the mafia person I can give you the other name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom