• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you ever wish you could read people's minds?

Do you want to be a mind reader?

• Yeah!

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Heck no!

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
Yes but with limits:

1. Only people I choose, not that everyone bullshit.
2. I can turn it off.
3. I can block people form reading my mind.
4. Only people I've touched/ know very well will it work on.

Yes, if I could choose when, even though I would absolutely hate to have anybody read my mind. I'm all paranoid and think about my friends things like, "Ahhh what if they don't really like me ahhhh" and crap like that, so this would help. (Unless they actually don't like me, of course.)

I really want to know what the people who surround me every day are thinking, so I would enjoy this power, yes.

I would like it, but only if I could choose when and who to use it on, and if others can't read my mind. Even then, I wouldn't abuse it.

Then again, if I can't turn it off, then no. You'd be driven insane (literally) if all you heard all day were hundreds of thoughts all at once.

Not really. It's bad enough everyone having random sick/weird/disturbing thoughts pop into their minds all the time without me having to share them ^^;;

Though I appear to have some kind of paranoia about people knowing what I'm thinking... if my train of thought slips onto one of the aforementioned sorts, I instinctively try to clear it out of my head and think about something else- knowing nobody would ever know I was thinking it. XD
I'm awfully privately paranoid about people having this ability and using it extensively on me, tapping into my thoughts and disapproving majorly, being quite disgusted and also baffled by my bizarre thoughts.

But then I realize that's not possible, silly, and think more freely.

definitly yes I would know what everyone was planning and could interfire in all plans and nobody could lie to me (I don't care about privacy)

Yes, if I could choose when to use it and be able to 'choose' what thoughts to read

Basically, I would need to know roughly what I am looking for to find it. E.G. "I want to know what they ate yesterday" *finds memories/thoughts*. That would help keep me from stumbling upon something that I didn't need to know

Also, if it contained a little buffer, that would be nice. E.G. I come across a thought that is supposed to be private. I find that there is more resistance, making it harder to read, thus requiring me to actually put more effort into reading the thought

Yes, if I could choose when to use it and be able to 'choose' what thoughts to read

Basically, I would need to know roughly what I am looking for to find it. E.G. "I want to know what they ate yesterday" *finds memories/thoughts*. That would help keep me from stumbling upon something that I didn't need to know

Also, if it contained a little buffer, that would be nice. E.G. I come across a thought that is supposed to be private. I find that there is more resistance, making it harder to read, thus requiring me to actually put more effort into reading the thought

This is the way I'd like to read minds. I'd like to read minds to make sure nobody was reading my mind. I'm alays paranoid about my sister reading my mind, even though I know it's impossible.

Yes if it's a hallway sort of thing where you see a door and it's like "Sercret do not come in" then the next door is like "Feelings" and one is like "Dirty Image, do not come in" or something like that. Plus if both people are aware.

Hell no! Its invading peoples privacy and you might find out something you didn't want to find out.

Yah, I /would/ only feel like using it on a few rare occassions, and then it would be useful, I guess :3 But it would be cool to use it on, you know, totally unknown people :P

I appear to have some kind of paranoia about people knowing what I'm thinking... if my train of thought slips onto one of the [sick, dirty or private] sorts, I instinctively try to clear it out of my head and think about something else- knowing nobody would ever know I was thinking it. XD

^ If feel increasingly uncomfortable at the thought of this considering the huge majority of people who voted saying they want the ability to read my mind. XD

who said they want to read your mind?
they could want it for anything, does that hot girl like you, is your wife cheating, when will they release platinum for the UK, that sort of stuff (well the last one mainly just me)

Back
Top Bottom