• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you ever wish you could read people's minds?

Do you want to be a mind reader?

• Yeah!

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Heck no!

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Ivy Newton

kg*m/s^2
Pronoun
she
I do, though I wouldn't want to like automatically read someone's mind as soon as I came in contact with them. I'd want it to be like where I can choose when I read someone's mind and who's mind I read.

So? Do you wanna be a mind reader?

And yes, I do have a reason for asking this...

No, it's invading their privacy. I suppose I could know how people really felt, but then again, everyone hates me...
But I could use their thoughts to my advantage to make them like me...
Which isn't very nice.
But I'd hate for someone to read my mind. My mind is dull.

Hell no. I'm already good at guessing what people are thinking, and I know that tons of people tend to have very dirty minds. My own mind is bad enough as is. I can live without the ability to read minds.

There are some things that people prefer others not to know.

It's the same concept as the idea of predicting the future.

I would love to be able to by choice. Though I'm sure that if I could, I'd end up all tangled in a puzzle of morals and probably feel guilty about using it (because I'm sure I would end up doing so anyway, in a sort of, "He looks sad, is he okay? *reads mind*" sort of way).

I seem to be decent at guessing how people are feeling, though I can never really tell. I think I guess people's feelings while using mine as a crutch; I think about how I would feel about a certain thing and then wonder how closely their feelings would match mine, really.

Many times I don't want anyone to know what I'm thinking, and then, then there are times when I wish they did. It's so hard to talk about my feelings, though it's been getting a little bit easier.

I think I would greater prefer the ability of some sort of mind communication, so both people are aware of it and can somehow break the connection if necessary.

I wouldn't want to be able to read minds, because then there would be a small chance that other people could read MY mind.

And I do not want that. :(

Yes.
But I also want the ability to forget things at will i.e. disturbing images I want out of my head.
Actually that would be useful without mind-reading. I presume.

Well, I don't know...

One one hand - I often have trouble understanding what people really want and really feel, so it would probably help me interact with others more easily.

But then again, it would make interpersonal relationships - and life in general - much less meaningful...

No way. That's like the ultimate in invading privacy. If people's own minds aren't safe, nowhere is.
Sending your thoughts sounds cool though. If you wanted to tell people secrets, and they wanted to hear them, I say that's good.

Yes.
But I also want the ability to forget things at will i.e. disturbing images I want out of my head.
Actually that would be useful without mind-reading. I presume.

Basically all that.

God Emperor Caligula you're gonna give me nightmares.

Not really. It's bad enough everyone having random sick/weird/disturbing thoughts pop into their minds all the time without me having to share them ^^;;

Though I appear to have some kind of paranoia about people knowing what I'm thinking... if my train of thought slips onto one of the aforementioned sorts, I instinctively try to clear it out of my head and think about something else- knowing nobody would ever know I was thinking it. XD

My initial reaction is HELLZ YES but then there's the "Oh I so did not need to know that" factor, so uh, no not really. But maybe if I could send/receive thoughts or control when I read people's minds that'd be cool. I wouldn't need a phone and it could have great defensive aspects.

I would love to be able to read people minds, but only when I want to. It would be quite handy; then again, maybe there are some things that should be kept private...

Occasionally, seeing as I'm very assumptious and paranoid and OH GOD THEY'RE ALL TALKING ABOUT ME. It'd be nice just to know, truly, what people think of me, rather than hearing patronising lies.

Other than that... not really, no, because I don't want to know everyone's deepest darkest secrets or anything.

Last edited:
No.

People have a right to their own privacy. I wouldn't want anyone spying on me, so why should I do it to them? Also, reading someone's facial expressions and tone of voice when interacting with them in person, as well as reading someone's mind, can send mixed messages. Especially if you read a random thought from their mind without context, and their facial expression hid the thought, then you could make a wrong decision when judging that person or idea.

I'm pretty sure that if you could read people's minds you would quickly lose all your faith in humanity, as half the stuff you'll hear is probably along the lines of "oh man that girl is so hot and her ass is so cute I just want to pull out my dick and rape her to death"

There's some things you're better off not knowing about other people, if you get my drift.

Back
Top Bottom