• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you sort your PC Pokemon?

Do you sort your PC Pokemon?

• Total voters
Yes, I do. Usually it's just 'stuff' where I put randomly caught Pokemon, 'rares' which include legendaries and well, rare Pokemon. I also have a box for Pokemon I put in my team and a box for Pokemon I'm training to put on my team.

It depends on the game for me. If I hardly have any Pokémon at all, i just put them all in one box, sometimes my mains in a separate box. The more I get, the more ordered it becomes until I divide it according to type (dark being lumped with psychic, bug and poison with grass and ground and fighting with rock). In two games so far, Firered and Diamond, I have managed to complete the Pokédex and gotten one of each and then I order them by national number. A box separate for Unown and special Pokémon like my mains and shinies.

When I'm breeding pokemon I try to keep each succesive hatchlings and parents well sorted in the PC, so that I can easily withdraw, keep records of IVs, switch breeding partners, etc

I also keep my legendaries and other one-offs sorted as a kind of checklist.

Not really. By type in FireRed, but I restarted my gaem since then. That's about it.

I finally decided to organize my Gen IV boxes. All the other generations...meh. My Pearl PC is a freaking diaster area, so I'm trying to get that in order. The first box is for my in-game team and any new Pokemon I catch but haven't organized yet. The next ten boxes are divided by level (1-10, 11-20, etc.). Then I have one for eggs, one for Dittos, one for legendaries, one for shinies, one for EV trained Pokemon, one for Unown, and one for "working" Pokemon, which is just for HM slaves, Synchronizers, Slumga (for hatching eggs), and anything with Pick-Up.

This was easy in Platinum since I barely caugth any Pokemon in that game and don't plan to anytime soon. I'm still trying to get Pearl in order. That's gonna take a while >.>

By type in most games I sort in. In the third generation, I have Bug/Grass, Dark/Ghost, Dragon/Flying, Electric, Fire, Fighting, Ground/Rock, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Steel, Water and Other. In D/P/P I give each type its own box, with an Other box; the Other box in all my games is used for eggs, Pokémon in training, etc. I also customize backgrounds to make them fit whatever type their box is.

Not really, I just let them stay in there by the order I caught them in, and find them through that. However, in Diamond, I made a box for traded pokemon and a box for the unown forms.

I did just yesterday actually

Most of them are still a mess, but I made a couple of boxes for legendaries, one for bred stuff, one for Manaphies (they get you ANYTHING on the GTS), a few for my Teddiursa army, one for my main teams and stuff from my girlfriend, one for starters and one for pokemon I think are cool lol

I have a "tool" box for pokémon with synchronise and other such useful abilities, a "competitive" box for competitively trained pokémon, and... that's about where my organisation stops.

I usually sort them by number and have a specific box for each generation.

Plus, I usually have specific boxes for eggs, distinct Unown and "stars" (HM slaves, contest teams, traded Pokémon I'm supposed to train and trade back, sometimes main team Pokémon, so on forth).

Anyone thinks the next generations should have a sort function on the boxes?

I sort by evolutionary stage. I also have a "Teams" box, for my teams, several boxes of bred / breeding Pokemon, a box for Pokemon with useful natures and an "Inbox", where newly captured Pokemon go for processing. I still have some spare boxes left.

I have a box for every type and an 'extra' box for pokemon I just caught, or plan to immidietly use

In my ruby, I sort them by type.
In my fire red, I just sort them by level (I fill all the boxes though.)
Sometimes I sort them by speed or attack or whatever else strikes my fancy at the time. :P

No. I've made several attempts to organize my boxes, but it always end up neglecting them and they end up just as disorganized as before.

When I try to organize them, I usually create multiple boxes for common types like Water and merge boxes of rare types like Dragon and Fire. If a Pokemon is dual-type, then I assign the Pokemon to the rarer type.

I do organize my boxes to a point that it borders OCD I think.

-The first few boxes are for caught pokemon, usually some sort of "Limbo" until I actually sort them into their proper boxes. Although they also serve as storage when I have no plan for them.
-Then there's the Main Hub box, containing all my solo-campaign team, pokemon with useful abilities (magma armor, synchronize, etc) and any pokemon I tend to switch between often for whatever reason.
-There's two boxes caleld Tradables and Trading, the former serves as a box to put pokemon that potentially holds good trading value on the net while the latter is when a trade is planned and I'm only putting them there so I remember I can't use them or tamper with them.
-Two other boxes labeled Teams and 2nd Teams are for my main team and EV trained pokemons. usually the planend teams are set all on the same line and rarely are interchanged unless I officially change a team completly. Although the two boxes are like a big roster at times, if I wanna test new combination for whatever reason.
-A box is reserved for potentially good pokemon to be trained or that I just feel like trying to train at a later point. Many in that boxes gets nicknamed according to the role I plan on giving them when trained (Phy. Sweeper, Spe. Wall, Tanker, etc).
-The Breeder box is usually full of male pokemons with egg move sets or moves that I frequently need in breeding. It is also, indirectly, my smeargle box. :I
-There's the Junkyard, usually full of pokemon at low levels that are easily obtainable (bidoof, starly, rattata, shinx, etc) when I need an extra pokemon to trade with someone when they need to give me two instead of just one for one pokemon I give them. Often ends up filled b ypokemon given to me the same way.
-Lastly, there's those two special boxes; the Miltank box and the Lugia box. Each respectively only for the pokemon on the label. Miltanks also serves as a Pokerus bank while the Lugia box is.. still rather empty. Working on that. D:

So yeah, mine's really like those private school or something with very strict dormitory rules or something. Took a long time first setting them all in their right box but once it's done, I find easier to navgiate through it and find exactly the pokes I want. x:

I'm rather organized with my PC boxes. I organize them by type, usually. Most boxes have only one type in them, but some rarer types I have put together in one box (i.e., one it Poison/Dragon). With dual types, I sort them into the box that they are most often associated with (i.e., Bellsprout goes into Grass instead of Poison). Then there's one box with the Pokemon I use on my team (after the nat. dex I get more than six Pokemon for my team), and it also includes my HM slaves. Then I have an extra box for anything else.

Mine are all type sorted with one 'Main' box where new catches and my main team go for me to sort. And since there aren't enough boxes for all types + main I combine some uncommon types like Ice/Water and Steel/Rock etc.

If a Pokemon has two types I use the one that makes the most sense.

I have overhauled this whole type system and now have a Level and others system!(woot woot)

My boxes, in order are...

Main(my main team on the particular game, also HM slaves(only 2 in DPP) and Ditto(only 4)
1-9)
10-19
20-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60-69
70-79
80-100
Special(shinies, legendaries etc)
HeartG(just so I know what to trade to HG)
Smogon(my smogon traded pokes, in a special box since they have good IVs and I don't want to confuse them with my ordinary pokes)
Comp.(pretty much my battle tower pokemon)
Skitty(a box of skitty :P)
Teams(other pokemon teams i have, like my leafgreen team)
Trade(a box of completely useless lv1-2 pokemon)
To train(pokemon I need to train, when I'm bored I check there)

I organise my boxes on my PC by pokedex number, although there is little point in doing so before you get the national 'dex so I leave it until then. I have a 1-30 box and so on, until it reaches 493, the extra space I use for unowns and my team and such, although my boxes at present are in awful condition.

Yes. On Pearl I have one box for my team then I have two boxes for random Pokemon that I want to keep. I then have another box for Dittos and Eggs. I have two boxes for EV trained Pokemon. The remaining boxes are used for the national dex, but a compressed version where I only have spaces for the fully evolved forms. For example the Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur line gets one space between them.

On Platinum I have two boxes for Dittos (which I am currently sorting), one box for my team and useful Pokemon (Magcargo, HM slaves). Then I have one box for Pokemon I want to EV train, one for Pokemon I have EV trained but are not yet at Level 50 (for the Battle Frontier) and one for my other EV trained Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom