• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

Jack is not the Face of Boe, officially. It's been hinted, but no real proof. Hell, the Face of Boe dies. Jack is destined to survive the end of the universe.

And Jack's not eternally young, just immortal. He'll age exponentially slower. Considering he's lived about three to four thousand years since The Parting of Ways, he's aged well.

Jack is not the Face of Boe, officially. It's been hinted, but no real proof. Hell, the Face of Boe dies. Jack is destined to survive the end of the universe.

And Jack's not eternally young, just immortal. He'll age exponentially slower. Considering he's lived about three to four thousand years since The Parting of Ways, he's aged well.

Sensing issue here. Jack isn't that old. A little over 100 at best.

The Face of Boe does kind of die, but it is in giving his energy to the city so maybe it doesn't count and he can still be Jack.

(That was how that went, right? Sorry, been a while since I've watched Gridlock.

The Face of Boe does kind of die, but it is in giving his energy to the city so maybe it doesn't count and he can still be Jack.

(That was how that went, right? Sorry, been a while since I've watched Gridlock.

Also new universe, maybe it didn't happen.

Remember that Jack got thrown into the Victorian Ages and joined Torchwood after Satellite Five? He headed the Cardiff team until the 21st Century, when his whole team died. So that's at least 300 years. Add his being buried under Torchwood by Gray and Hart in 27 AD until he was discovered in 1901 and frozen so as not to meet himself. He's at least 3429 years old as of Miracle Day.

And the Face of Boe is dead. His lifeforce was the energy powering New New York.

Jack is old.

Last edited:
Could you please mark your spoilers with what they're spoiling? I haven't watched Miracle Day but I am interested in discussion of the new Who episodes, if there is any.

Could you please mark your spoilers with what they're spoiling? I haven't watched Miracle Day but I am interested in discussion of the new Who episodes, if there is any.

I agree! I keep having to slowly and tentatively highlighting the spoilers, then clicking away hastily as soon as I see 'Jack'.

Yeah, we'll be better about that. So NEW WHO

NO MORE AMY AND RORY. O_o

That's all my brain can process.

Love the Theseus and the minotaur legend idea though.

(DW)Thank God they left that way; as a semi-normal couple. I hated the trend of former companions becoming alien fighters just because they've been through time and space. Rose and Martha, for example. Rose was a girl in the London estates, Martha was a doctor. Now look, one's head of Torchwood in a parallel Earth, and the other seems to be a freelance alien hunter whose married to someone who was a mechanic.

I can understand that people change, and it is an interesting take, but I prefer Amy and Rory's exit. The Doctor actually realizing what happens to his companions.

Last edited:
Jack isn't quite that old. It's 200 years on Earth (Victorian period was the 19th century!) plus ~2000 buried alive. So yeah, still old (older than the Doctor! and Rory), but not over 3000 years.

Well THAT was fun. I don't understand how people can hate James Corden, he's wonderful. The doctor and the baby conversation was adorable, and the Cybermen were actually pretty scary for a bit in that episode, and yes the ending was a bit cheesy, but it knew it ("I saved the world with love!"), so all is forgiven. The Cybermen seemingly only wanting black people was a bit dodgy, though - RTD's racial representation was better than Moffat's, I think. I'd be annoyed at all the "lol, they're a couple!" jokes, but he does actually write gay characters (not as many as RTD - none at all in S5), so he gets a pass there.

And that ending! Maaaaan. It's all (I assume) coming to an end and we're going to get an explanation for... things. We know it's River in the astronaut suit and I can't think of how the hell the Doctor's going to get out of this one except for the flesh!Doctor, which would be a bit of a cop-out. I'm so excited for next week! :D

I still can't get my head around eyepatch!River, the explanation for that had better be good. I caught a glimpse of a Silurian, so I hope this means we get to see Vastra again :D And Moffat lied, there is a Dalek. And Winston Churchill! And dinosaurs! And other things I'm forgetting, huzzah!

I just got a new fish. It's TARDIS blue. We named it Sexy.

That. Is. Amazing.

Closing TimeStormageddon, Dark Lord of All! I love how the Doctor can apparently speak baby. I also love how Craig is just like "You speak baby? Of course you do." (Yay for Stormy!)

Aside from Stormy, OMG SAAAAAAAAD.

I really can't wait to see how this turns out. And the picture on the website of the Doctor with the creepy eye patch that everyone is apparently wearing now is freaking me out. O_O

I am sooo excited for tonight!

There was a Who marathon since like midnight on BBC America, with classifieds and stuff. It was awesome.

That was better than I expected. Tesselecta Doctor wasn't as much of a cop-out as a flesh one would have been. I wonder if now that he's said he's "stepping back into the shadows", it means he'll be saving planets but trying to do it without drawing attention?

EDIT: Come to think of it, he doesn't need to not attract attention since being a time traveller he could just pass himself off as a version of himself before he 'dies'.

Also I doubt anyone didn't manage to guess 'the last question' right :P

Last edited:
MAJOR SPOILER

I was right! The oldest question, the one hidden in plain site since the beginning of the show! THE NAME OF THE DAMN SHOW! I WAS RIGHT! I GET A FUCKING AWARD OR SOMETHING RIGHT?

Hee, I got it too :D

Would you like to go out with me for TEXTING AND CRUMPETS??? so, so good. Also, how come blue man gets to come back even though he's decapitated, yet there's no sign of Vastra and Jenny? I want my interspecies Victorian lesbians, dammit! And all the serious-to-funny moments in the episode were perfect, and I'm really glad most of the questions were answered and we've got some new ones for next time. And the episode didn't end with me yelling WHAAAAAAAAT? at the telly, which might be a first for a Moffat series finale of anything.

Also, have a good story - I was at the station today with a friend, waiting for a coach and an announcement came over the tannoy saying "Please don't feed the pigeons" so Ruth and I immediately said "You mean don't feed the PTERODAYCTLS, amirite?" and the guy sitting next to us was thrilled and was all "You're Who fan, too! :D" and he and I had a Who geek-off and I won.

Back
Top Bottom