• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a God of ANY KIND exist?

I'm talking about it in terms of a god. Like, I don't think a god made humans directly, I think they evolved. But then I don't know how those first little whatever-they-were's got here.

Last edited:
Er, read the first half of my post? It has been proven that obtaining organic molecules form inorganic ones is possible, and it is highly likely that the conditions on primordial Earth were suitable for it to occur.

I used to believe in God. I used to pray every night to that son of a bitch to make my mother better (health-wise). I used to go to PSR (my Sunday school, that's on Tuesday). I used to go to church every Saturday/Sunday and even tried to pay attention to the priest.

I don't consider myself an atheist (maybe the right term is Infidel), but I no longer believe in God, apparently. I'll admit that a lot of my friends are atheist, but they hardly influenced my beliefs.

I just looked at things from another perspective and thought, "This doesn't make any sense. If there were a God, he must be evil and love to make us suffer. And if there isn't a God, than those assholes that "believe" in God, must make this shit up to get money and power."

If you can't tell by my excessive cussing, than this topic makes me angry. See, I hate to be lied to. To be deceived is the biggest insult you can give me. So if this whole religion thing is just a lie, and even if I believed in it only for a second, it really pisses me off.

Oh, and I have an issue that I was going to wait a couple years on*, but maybe you guys know how to handle it. My parents don't know I've stopped believing. I am scared shitless to tell them, because I don't know how they will react. I try to drop subtle hints in church. For example not praying, not singing, and not paying attention. I thought I would ask my mom one day if she'd rather have a daughter that didn't believe in God, or a daughter that was a lesbian (I'm definately not a lesbian). Whichever way she answered I'd have to tell her because I am not a homosexual, but I do hate something (that I think doesn't exist) with my whole being. So do any of you know how to handle this situation?

*I was going to wait until I was 18 and just stop going to church.
I can't really give you any advice as such... because at the end of the day, you're the only one here who actually knows your parents well enough to have an idea of what the right thing to do would be. I'm pretty sure your parents would understand, even though they might not take it very well initially - but, like I said, you should ask yourself what you think would be the best course of action.

I used to believe in God. I used to pray every night to that son of a bitch to make my mother better (health-wise). I used to go to PSR (my Sunday school, that's on Tuesday). I used to go to church every Saturday/Sunday and even tried to pay attention to the priest.

I don't consider myself an atheist (maybe the right term is Infidel), but I no longer believe in God, apparently. I'll admit that a lot of my friends are atheist, but they hardly influenced my beliefs.

I just looked at things from another perspective and thought, "This doesn't make any sense. If there were a God, he must be evil and love to make us suffer. And if there isn't a God, than those assholes that "believe" in God, must make this shit up to get money and power."

If you can't tell by my excessive cussing, than this topic makes me angry. See, I hate to be lied to. To be deceived is the biggest insult you can give me. So if this whole religion thing is just a lie, and even if I believed in it only for a second, it really pisses me off.

Oh, and I have an issue that I was going to wait a couple years on*, but maybe you guys know how to handle it. My parents don't know I've stopped believing. I am scared shitless to tell them, because I don't know how they will react. I try to drop subtle hints in church. For example not praying, not singing, and not paying attention. I thought I would ask my mom one day if she'd rather have a daughter that didn't believe in God, or a daughter that was a lesbian (I'm definately not a lesbian). Whichever way she answered I'd have to tell her because I am not a homosexual, but I do hate something (that I think doesn't exist) with my whole being. So do any of you know how to handle this situation?

*I was going to wait until I was 18 and just stop going to church.

If you don't believe in God then you're an atheist.

there has to be something, and since the universe is infinite, they have to go around and take care of the whole universe so probably only come around to earth every couple billion years. or never, because the universe is infinite. they probably creted bacteria here and let us evolve.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I think there is something but not one all powerful deity that's looking out for us. If there are supernatural beings that create things, I prefer the idea that there's more then one of them over the long standing belief of one God. They don't go out to influence our lives or attempt to sway us to worship them. They have something other then Earth and the people who populate it to consider, so we're not primary focus to them.

I'm not totally sure of course and I have no proof. I just find it interesting that before Christianity and the Jewish faith, many tribes and ancient societies believed in mutliple gods rather then one.

**religion
what

there has to be something, and since the universe is infinite, they have to go around and take care of the whole universe so probably only come around to earth every couple billion years. or never, because the universe is infinite. they probably creted bacteria here and let us evolve.
the universe is not infinite.

why does there have to be "something", and what created the something?

"If you don't believe in religion" doesn't exactly work either. I believe you're looking for "a deity or deities".

Just checked the firist paragraph of that Wiki article (I find they get a bit longwinded and really confusing on some subjects ><) and I can agree with you on that Zennyo =)

Back
Top Bottom