• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a God of ANY KIND exist?

Anyway: Permit =/= condone. I have legal permission to drink as much alcohol as I want. This does not mean the government of my country condones binge drinking.
Also you are supposed to look after your slaves.
You're allowed to own people. Doesn't this strike something in you that makes you think 'Damn, maybe the book I base my life on is kind of fucked up?'
And 'look after your slaves'? Don't make me laugh, there is a passage in the Bible that basically says 'Yeah if you kill your slaves you might get into trouble man but if you beat them so hard they faint and then wake up within 2/3 days you're a-okay'.
And by drinking you're not abusing other people, unless you get so pissed you start attacking them or you go driving but either way it's a terrible analogy.

I don't know about you but I didn't evolve from any monkey :X

Do you know what evolution is?

It's nothing like Pokémon evolution. Things don't just magically start glowing and turn into something else.

Evolution is the adaption of a species (Not a single member of that species, but a large number of them) to a habitat or condition over a period of time. A period of time doesn't mean minutes, doesn't mean hours, it means millenia.

I don't know about you but I didn't evolve from any monkey :X

This is wrong on so many levels.

No, seriously, can we add a rule about this? "If you are going to debate something, know what you are talking about."

Time Psyduck, everything you have said in this thread is your beliefs. They are not opinions or facts -- you have absolutely no evidence to prove that your beliefs are real. This the debating hall; every argument is about your opinions/feelings supported by facts. You have no facts.

Your arguments are pointless and have no proof.

Now, Eevee's ect. arguments of evolution are facts. There is almost nothing that can prove the theory of evolution wrong. Let's take the kiwi - the kiwi has evolved over millions of years from a population of something that was probably an average bird, albiet a medium-sized one. It eats worms from the ground.

Before humans got to NZ, there were no natural threats to the Kiwi - so it's beak got longer to get worms easier. It had little use for it's wings, as it probably lived on the forest floor - closer to worms. It also didn't need to fly away from predators, as it had none. It's nostrils ended up on the end of it's beak to help it search for worms. The kiwi is no longer considedered a 'normal' bird with the structure of, say, a seagull.

in other words, you are making yourself look like a complete idiot, and your arguments have zero proof

Also for everyone who wants to marvel at some Fundie quotes, this thing is awesome.

You got it backwards.

Creationism is based upon science, reason and tons of evidence.

Evolution is based on the blind acceptance of superstitions and fairy tales.
I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don't really care how God did what He did. I know He did it.
[Replying to 'as for not seeing evolution it takes several million years... incase you missed that memo...']

several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years.
If u have sex before marriage then in Gods eyes u are married to that person if a man rapes a woman in Gods eyes they are married it sucks for the girl but what can we do lol
This past spring I was expelled from my high school. Why? Because I'm a Christian. There was a girl in my class who was wiccan, and I didn't want demons to possess me or anyone else and save her from satan. So, I told her that her faith was evil and told her to accept Jesus as Savior and she would be saved. Simple as that. Just say the sinners prayer and you can be saved!

Well I got sent to the principal for that. She said I was 'discriminating' against her religion. I was only doing what the Bible, God, Jesus and my pastor said! How is that wrong!?

Well, afterwards I was forced to aplologize, even though it's a sin to, so I never meant what I said. So, instead I put a copy of a Jack Chick tract in her locker about how wicca and a paganism lead to murder, rape and other horrible things because it lets the devil get inside of you. I also left a little note about how she was going to hell. I was hoping she would see the error of her ways and repent from the evil, disgusting 'religion'.

Instead I was called down to the principal again and this time there were two police officers there. And they said I was under arrest for harrasing this girl and threatening her! What did I do? I just wanted her to accept Jesus and be saved! Now her family (all evil, stupid, disgusting god hating wiccans) want to sue me for discrimination and creating a hostile workplace! How is that fair? She's the one who's discriminating against me because I'm one with the LORD!

Jesus is the only way to salvation! It's that simple people! No pope, wicca, or anything stupid like that! JESUS ONLY! Why is is wrong to tell others that? It's all the fault of the ACLU and simlar atheist organizations trying to destroy us Christians. Next they'll want to genocide us for doing our Godly work.
I honestly don't care about your rights. If it were up to me, all Atheists would be burnt at the stake and or cast into a river with weights tied to their ankles and or placed before the firing squad, etc etc etc.
[Am I in discussion with a human who has a functioning brain?]

What does a functioning brain have to do with the Bible?
The Fact the Earth is Flat is not my opinion, it is a Proved Fact! While all we need to know is that the Bible says the Earth is flat (Is.40:22, Ez.7:2, Dn.2:35; 4:10-11,20, Mt.4:8)... but for a second can you imagine what these so-called 'scientists would have us believe --- If the earth really was round, that would mean there arre people who are HANGING DOWN, HEAD DOWNWARDS while we are standing head up? But since the theory allows to travel to those parts of the earth where the people are said to hand head downward, and still to fancy ourselves to be heads upwards, and our friends whom we have left behind us to be heads downwards! LOL! What foolishness! TheWHOLE THING IS A MYTH - A DREAM - A DELUSION - and a snare, and, instead of there being any evidence at all in this direction to substantiate this popular theory, it is plain proof that the Earth is Not A Globe!
I'd quote more but then I'd end up posting everything. Be warned that amidst the brilliant retardation, some quotes are really depressing.

It may be a slightly off-topic but I thought some of you would like it, if you don't know about it already.

Also isn't this
A woman wants to abort a rape child? She should have thought of that before she walked down that dark alley without a male prescence, not to mention she should have thought before putting on revealing attire.

[Yes. It should (be legal). Otherwise you're screwing over the women who don't deserve their fate.]

Are you calling them victims now? Should've stayed in the house where it's safe.
basically what Drifloon Rocks/Buizel posted in the abortion thread

Last edited:
fstdt is awesome 8)

although I am reasonably certain the wicca one is a troll.

Vladimir Putin's LJ said:
This past spring I was expelled from my high school. Why? Because I'm a Christian. There was a girl in my class who was wiccan, and I didn't want demons to possess me or anyone else and save her from satan. So, I told her that her faith was evil and told her to accept Jesus as Savior and she would be saved. Simple as that. Just say the sinners prayer and you can be saved!

Well I got sent to the principal for that. She said I was 'discriminating' against her religion. I was only doing what the Bible, God, Jesus and my pastor said! How is that wrong!?

Well, afterwards I was forced to aplologize, even though it's a sin to, so I never meant what I said. So, instead I put a copy of a Jack Chick tract in her locker about how wicca and a paganism lead to murder, rape and other horrible things because it lets the devil get inside of you. I also left a little note about how she was going to hell. I was hoping she would see the error of her ways and repent from the evil, disgusting 'religion'.

Instead I was called down to the principal again and this time there were two police officers there. And they said I was under arrest for harrasing this girl and threatening her! What did I do? I just wanted her to accept Jesus and be saved! Now her family (all evil, stupid, disgusting god hating wiccans) want to sue me for discrimination and creating a hostile workplace! How is that fair? She's the one who's discriminating against me because I'm one with the LORD!

Jesus is the only way to salvation! It's that simple people! No pope, wicca, or anything stupid like that! JESUS ONLY! Why is is wrong to tell others that? It's all the fault of the ACLU and simlar atheist organizations trying to destroy us Christians. Next they'll want to genocide us for doing our Godly work.

... that is sad.

I'm waiting for another person to say they're waiting for a fundamentlist to come along.
They're waaaay more common.

I like how a lot of people are all CHRIST STOP SHOVING YOUR BELIEFS DOWN MY THROAT XTIAN ):< and then anxiously await for a christian to show up so they can do the exact same fucking thing.
I mean, I'm an atheist and I fully condone debating about religion but really.

Back
Top Bottom