• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ever "caught 'em all"?

Ever "caught 'em all"?

• Yes!

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • No!

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • Nearly!

Votes: 37 33.9%

• Total voters
151 in Red, though my friend's cheating device came in handy when it came to catching Mew. I've never completed a dex since.

All of the Hoenn dex in Emerald, woo for getting Cynda legit!

Uh, at 412 seen in diamond, and 3 hundred something in plat seen.

Had all 150 in LG, but there's no reward for being a dork... T_T

In Emerald, I succesfully finished the Hoenn pokedex with my last Pokemon being Heracross. Currently trying to finish the National.

I've been close twice... on Sapphire I had I think about 180ish (missing some, but not all, of the Ruby-exclusives) before I migrated them all to Pearl and restarted.

And on Pearl I have 440ish which, admittedly, isn't THAT close but it's getting up there. I have all the Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon except the Ruby and FR exclusives and Mew. And I'm missing a ton of Johto/Sinnoh evolutions and exclusives. I need to go through Colosseum so I can get those into Pearl. That's the biggest part of what I'm missing.

EDIT... 17 days later: Stupid stupid me. Max in the Hoenn dex is 200, not 400. Somebody hasn't played Sapphire since then. XD

Last edited:
No, never. The closest was the Sapphire file I accidently deleted. I had 196 seen and 195 caught. I was very proud of that file. I needed Treeko, Latios, and three Ruby exclusives as I remember.

I think I may have gotten 151 on a very old Red file... but seeing as I recently restarted, I have no idea.

Oh, I just remembered my current Pearl file. If I beat Cynthia, I'll get the National Dex. Another reason to hate her; she and the Elites are the only thing in my way of getting the National Dex and Pal Park!

...I'm currently in the hundreds on Pearl and Sapphire, but I have a way to go on Red and Platinum.

In my fired i had all kanto+ Jhoto pokemo except mew and celebi
And i had around 75% of hoenn spiecies I did have deoxys but not jirachi

On Diamond, I'm far from that - heck, I don't even have the National Dex! I've seen almost all of the Sinnoh Dex ones, though.

I caught all the Pokemon on Blue and Emerald version fair and square. But as for Diamond and Platinum, I used an Action Replay, which is cheating and does not count, obviously.

The closest I ever came to completing a Pokedex was back in the Silver Version. Around 230 I think.

But guess what happened next?

*Drumroll*

The battery died and I lost everything! Beautiful, no?

Through a combination of honest catching and training, trading with my Yellow version, and several runs through the Mew Glitch, I caught every Pokemon possible without a Gameshark on my Blue cart, even all the possible glitches. But that file is gone now. I was so devastated that I didn't own a GB Printer...I wanted my diploma dammit!

Back
Top Bottom