• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fakemon.

I made one Fakemon. On November 8, 2008. It's name is Stingrasa.

It's not a mop. It's a stingray. Sort of...

Stingrasa.png

I'm going to improve it.

I've got my region's eevee line, my starters (grass/dark werewolf, fire/psychic dallaima, and water/fighting narwhal), 'secret' legendary, legendary trio, and the trio master.

None have any artwork of any kind, except the secret legendary. Too bad it's ancient.

I've actually been mapping out an idea for an entire FakeDex. I've already imagined the starters (Fire/Steel Armadillo line, Water/Psychic Mermaid line, and Ghost/Grass Jack-o-Lantern line), Route 1 rodents and birds (Mongoose and Mockingbird respectiveley), Rock/Ice Smilodon and Rock/Electric Oviraptor Fossil lines, an Electric/Fighting Kangaroo line, and my version mascots, Scorpio and Ares themed. I'm so unoriginal. :(

I've made a few serious Fakemon, but most of my Fakemon are just silly gags that were co-created with a friend and that were ridiculously fun to make.

Ah, nostalgia. I really enjoyed Mewkitty's renditions of fakemon. My favourite was that poison type Pikachu named Pukachu (hehe) and that poison type eevee evolution that I can't remember the name of. Too bad she didn't upload those into her DA gallery before she disappeared.

For me, I like drawing mutated monstery things, which I'll occasionally say are Pokémon and occasionally say are just monsters.

There's Serpenate, a poison/psychic type that I was planning to submit to the dex registry. Blastoise also did a really neat sprite of it for me.

Then there's Slought, another poison/psychic type I was also planning to submit to the dex registry some time. But it was too complicated for a sprite and also not very pokémonish.

I'm working on a fly Pokémon right now, maybe based on the bot-fly specifically, because I really want a gross fly Pokemon dammit. Also a roach. (c'mon game freak plz)

Last edited:
I've made a few, but they... have been really nonsensical, so I reverted them to my own original monsters called Creations.

Some former ones though?

Amini and Amawt. (I think... Dark/Flying?) And uh, well, there's these three guys (also see, avvie and signature banner) which are supposed to be me if you made me into a Pokémon. There's also this Grass Starter Quail (1, 2, 3) I made a really long time ago without realizing it was similar to one of Butterfree's fakes in her sprite gallery (really long ago, before I even knew TCoD existed), a Fire Starter ghost cat named after a rocketship (1, 2, 3), and an Water Starter eel snake poison thing (1, 2, 3).

Otherwise, I don't really make fakemon anymore. (And please note that all of those pictures are really old, especially the MS Paint ones.)

Back
Top Bottom