• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fakemon.

Mendatt

Chaos, art and science
Occasionally, when I'm bored, I make a fakemon. Recently, I was working on a concept I made a while ago, and it got me wondering if other people did this, and what they did.

jp7p8o.png
25ukzyd.png
33nkqbk.png
28i56v7.png
35lyogg.png
8vn4oy.png

24ciav9.png

Superbird:

I'm guessing Kirachu is related to Jirachi? Hence the "Wish Maker Pokemon" and being of the Psychic type along with it "awakening" when something occurs, verdad? Though there's one thing; how is it known to be popular due to its cuteness if it's rarely been seen. *cough*I'm going way to deep*cough*

But I love Artiguin ^^

I know a site that has a bunch of Fakemon, but it's poorly contructed when compared to TCod forums and such. Since they aren't mine though, I can't post them T^T

Hmm. I should make some of those. (Anyone know where I can find a pokedex screen image from black or white to edit? (By the way, how long ago did you make those?))
Love the type combinations. I've made a few strange ones myself, and they turned into my best fakemon. (Grass/Dragon, Electric/Ice, and Psychic/Dark.)

I have a couple.

Psunkeen, my earliest one that I actually asked Kratos to do the artwork for. Need to reinvent this guy.

An unnamed second-stage grass starter.
I love the concept but I'm having trouble getting the evolution's design right.

Smithy, a hyperintelligent, hovering grass-type apple that is often used by teachers and, oddly, computer geeks. (haha pun) I have it's evolution, Grandsmith, but no digital art of it.

Cardianal, a Route 1 bird that totally has a better heart motif than Pidove.

Willendol, a 'female' baltoy evolution based on the Venus of Willendorf. I love it for some reason and I want one.

Last edited:

Sparkvark and Ardulon.

I make stuff all the time, just for fun :3 Sparkvark and like a billion others were made for a game project that never happened, and Ardulon and a few more were originally created on the game Amazing Island.

I made these guys for the ASB Dex Registry, and also submitted some other Ghost line that's pending approval whenever the fakemon system comes back.

And that's it, I never made any others. Especially not the other one I submitted to the dex registry that we mustn't speak of.

Superbird:

I'm guessing Kirachu is related to Jirachi? Hence the "Wish Maker Pokemon" and being of the Psychic type along with it "awakening" when something occurs, verdad? Though there's one thing; how is it known to be popular due to its cuteness if it's rarely been seen. *cough*I'm going way to deep*cough*

But I love Artiguin ^^
Everything past Sifirce was done as a request in the shop you see below.

Hmm. I should make some of those. (Anyone know where I can find a pokedex screen image from black or white to edit? (By the way, how long ago did you make those?))
Love the type combinations. I've made a few strange ones myself, and they turned into my best fakemon. (Grass/Dragon, Electric/Ice, and Psychic/Dark.)
A while. I started before Platinum was out, haven't done any since B/W came out. And...Google, maybe?

Yeah, that's a fun part. So many contradictions that you can put together just fine.

Fakemon? Yep, I guess attempting to make a full dex counts (the ones I've already made are in my pixel thread, starting from this page) P:
They all have/are getting dex entries and other bonus stuff (like what abilities they can have, and shiny sprites!). Might post all that after I've finished the whole thing.

No. No I do not make fakemon. That is not a thing that I do on a near-daily basis at all in any way, shape or form and anyone who tells you otherwise is a lying asshat.

Okay actually maybe I am a lying asshat.

Will probably have something halfway intelligent to say later but I gotta split, so.

Last edited:
I remember a few months ago when I was cleaning my room I came across a page from one of those old Pokemon coloring books, where you were supposed to make your own grass Pokemon.

My idea was "Vilsprout". It looked like Vileplume's head on Bellsprout's body. I was the most creative eight year old ever.

I don't know if anyone is old school enough to remember Nwachu et al, but... they did exist X3
Yesssss. <3 They were adorable.

Anyway, I make fakes on occasion, mostly for my fanfic, but most of them aren't very interesting, largely because I made most of them when I was about twelve.

There's a dex registry? I hope they bring it back.
Anyways, I'm just going to say that there's nothing inherently non-interesting about being twelve.
Also that Letaligon is awesome.

There's nothing inherently non-interesting about being twelve, no, but twelve-year-olds tend not to make very interesting fakemon, at least if those twelve-year-olds are me. I thought it was a good idea to make a dragon sextet and a unicorn octet where they were all copy-pastes of one another except for the colors, types and attacks learned. Granted, later I went and distinguished them a little more from one another, but it's still horribly redundant and they're incredibly generic.

Back
Top Bottom