• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fave bands/artists?

Noctowl

Everyone call me elf monster.
Haha, didn't see a thread like this. So, what are your fave bands or artists?

My fave bands change constantly, but at the moment I like Friendly fires and Cut copy, oh and hurts too. I also like Kate Bush, NIN, talking heads, the killers, Robbie williams (but not take that grr), coldplay, radiohead, Brandon Flowers and snow patrol.

Oh, and since I am bored and I should be doing coursework, I will write down my fave songs by each band. ^^

Friendly fires: Skeleton boy
Cut copy: Blink and you'll miss a revolution
Hurts: Wonderful life
Kate Bush: Heads we're dancing
NIN: Into the void
Talking heads: Once in a lifetime
The killers: Joy ride/ On top
Robbie williams: Bodies
Coldplay: Lost/High speed
Radiohead: On the ladder
Brandon Flowers: Only the young
Snow patrol: Shut your eyes (<3)

Last edited:
The Killers are great -- do you know "Why Do I Keep Counting?" By a wide margin their greatest song in my book.

I am also very big on Springsteen, Butch Walker, Blue October, KISS, The Academy Is..., DNA-Groove, Breaking Benjamin, My Chemical Romance, Better Than Ezra and Jackson Browne among others.

Haven't heard that one, might check it out when I get bored of my current music. I did listen to diary of jane by breaking benjamin though, its the only song I've heard by them and I like it.

It's definitely worth it -- Brandon Flowers is so fucking talented. Diary of Jane isn't at all my favorite song by them but it's still quite good and it's the one that I heard on the radio and that got me into them.

Just a general list of my favorite artists:

A Perfect Circle
Agalloch
Anathema
Animals as Leaders
Black Sabbath
Breaking Benjamin
Chevelle
Devin Townsend
Dream Theater
Eluveitie
Gojira
Kamelot
Karnivool
Katatonia
King Crimson
Led Zeppelin
Mastodon
Meshuggah
Metallica
Motorhead
Opeth
Pain of Salvation
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Sonata Arctica
Steven Wilson
Strapping Young Lad
System of a Down
Tool
Wintersun

Let's see...

Breaking Benjamin
Three Days Grace
Sixx am
Metallica
A Dark Halo
A Perfect Circle
Skillet
Red
Linkin Park
Godsmack
Shinedown
Chevelle

I normally hate Blue Stahli and Celldweller, but love the songs of theirs' that were on Dead Rising 2 (All were great, can't pick a fave). Other bands/singers are Frank Sinatra, The Who, KISS, Queen, Hostile Groove, The Beastie Boys, Ozzy Osbourn, Mötorhead, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

This is a particularly hard one for me because it changes every day, but I'll give a general overview of bands I have enjoyed for the past year or six or so, in no particular order

Brand New
Frank Turner
Anathema
Eluveitie
The Receiving End Of Sirens
Rammstein
The Pixies
Modest Mouse
Bon Iver
Lacuna Coil
Hans Zimmer
P.I. Tchaikovsky
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree (and everything SW-related)
Nightwish
Snow Patrol
Of Monsters and Men
Sigur Ros
The Smiths
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Unexpect
Apocalyptica
Linkin Park
Manau
Mastodon
The Police
Dream Theater
Death Cab for Cutie
Amon Amarth
Paradise Lost
Symphony X
Rise Against
Celine Dion
Sarah McLachlan
Natalie Merchant
Bruce Springsteen
Clint Mansell
A Perfect Circle
Thursday
The Cranberries
Nine Inch Nails
Death
Dark Tranquillity
In Flames
Old Slayer
Old Metallica
Nirvana
Nevermore
Pendulum
Old Tori Amos
Muse
Simon & Garfunkel (but not Paul Simon solo)
Jimi Hendrix
Dire Straits
Alanis Morrissette
Funeral for a Friend
Taking Back Sunday (old stuff only, the first two albums)
Old Fall Out Boy
Alice in Chains
Opeth
Pain of Salvation
Pain
Rush
Katatonia
Gojira
Orphaned Land
God is an Astronaut
Godspeed You! Black Emperor (and the derivatives such as A Silver Mt. Zion)
Radiohead
Ghost
Danzig
Paramore
Kate Nash
ABBA
Agalloch
The Birthday Massacre
Sentenced
Faith No More
Vangelis

....and I am probably forgetting a million bands now.

Hmmm...

Papa Roach
Theory of a Deadman
Chevelle
Alice in Chains
Nickelback
Art of Dying
Five Finger Death Punch
Seether
Aerosmith
Journey
Hollywood Undead
...And many others that I don't want to say so that I don't strech it.

In order of...ummm...Awesomeness?

Band: Current fav. song:

Blind Guardian - And then there was silence. These guys are just epic.

Alestorm - Pirate song. It's pirate metal. I will say no more.

Arch enemy - Enemy within. The lead female singer has a manlier voice than you. Period.

Children of Bodom - Bed of razors. Just... awesomeness...yes.

Nightwish - Scaretale. Some really beautiful music here.

Volbeat - Maybelline I hofteholder. That voice!

Van Canto - Take to the sky. A capella metal. Also the band that lead me to BG.

Turisas - Rasputin. Let us fight for a new day, my brothers!

Linkin Park - Papercut (currently obsessed with this song) First band I ever listened to.

System of a down - Chop Suey! Political veiwpoints with wierd lyrics and metal? Hell yes.

Three days grace - Animal I have become. Second band I ever listened to. Nice lyrics.

Korn - Twisted transistor. I don't really know why I like these guys, I just do.

Apocalyptica - Not strong enough. Ever heard Slayers "Raining blood"? That on cello= o.o

Grave Digger - These guys really deserve a higher placing, just haven't listened to a lot by them.

Honorary mention: Royal Republic - Tommy gun. Swedish "garagerock", very new, slightly famous, short, bouncy songs. These guys are cool, but I just want to see if they're gonna get somewhere, the songs are good for cheerful days though ^_^

My top five would have to be something like...
Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Hole, and She Wants Revenge.
In no particular order.

As solo artists go, there's Sufjan Stevens, Scatman John, Billy Joel, Serj Tankian, Tinie Tempah, Enrique Iglesias, Johnny Cash, David Bowie, Amanda Palmer, Tom Waits, Frank Sinatra, Nick Cave and Cee-Lo Green.

As bands go, there's Daft Punk, The Ink Spots, Pink Floyd, The Protomen, Fair to Midland, Rolo Tomassi, Arcade Fire, Coldplay, Wilco, People In Planes, Take That, Rammstein, Kaiser Chiefs, ABBA, Rilo Kiley and Three Days Grace.

I dunno, I guess I'm eclectic enough but I don't strive to be.

Last edited:
Rush, Pain Of Salvation, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Stars of the Lid, Blackfield, Marillion, The World/Inferno Friendship Society, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Iron Maiden, Keane, Summoning, Blut aus Nord, maudlin of the Well, Emilie Autumn, Led Zeppelin, Blue Sky Black Death, Sigur Rós, Keane, Dream Theater, Reasoner, Andrew Bird, Bullets In Madison, Dark Tranquillity, R.E.M., Ottmar Liebert, Eurobeat Brony, Not A Clever Pony, RainbowCrash88, PinkiePieSwear, Makkon

Alestorm - Pirate song. It's pirate metal. I will say no more.
I wonder if that is the pirate metal my boyfriend's brother likes...

I'm obsessed by the song final form by everything everything. Its driving me mad.

Its funny, I used to be into really depressing things that I've deleted from my last fm now, but I now listen to happy music constantly. If I listen to sad songs, I get sad. Its annoying and can make me cry for no reason.

Anyone else get this?

R.E.M. will be my top always and forever. But otherwise it tends to depend on my mood and just what I've been into recently, I guess! I'll check my last few plays and tell you.

Lights, Ed Sheeran, Imogen Heap (+ Frou Frou), Eisley, Eiffel 65, Florence + The Machine, Death Cab For Cutie, Ben Folds, Stone Temple Pilots, A Perfect Circle, Maroon 5, Owl City, etc.

Also I really hate Coldplay for reasons I'm unable to articulate in a coherent manner. But yanno.

Ehm... Generally my favourites fall into different categories/genres so this is a bit hard to, well. I'd say my top favourites are Mika and Muse for sure, and Next to Normal for musical, and then there's the Beatles and Hans Zimmer and Billy Joel and Pink and Nirvana... hrm. I think an artist only qualifies as a favourite for me after they've existed for a certain period of time, although Mika sort of breaks that rule because Mika.

Atomship, Enya ("Boadicea" is beautiful), Wall of Voodoo, Crazy Cavan, Green Day, The Rolling Stones, The Stranglers, The Clash, The Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, The Meteors, The Prodigy, The Vandals... and others. (Nearly all my favourite bands seem to start with "the")

Last edited:
Say Anything is my favorite band. I like several songs from them. Do Better, Colorblind, Until the Bombs, Say Anything, Admit It!!!, Alove with the Glory of Love.
Trampled by Turtles has a greatsong called Wait so Long and did a great cover of Motion City Soundtrack's song Disappear.
Simple Plan is another good band with a few great songs.
I'm also a minor fan on Linkin Park and The Offspring.

Back
Top Bottom