• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Smell(s)

Blastoise Fortooate

Geographical!
:O!
What's your favorite smell, TCoD?

I personally absolutely love the smell you get right after you blow out a candle. It's the best thing ever.

My mom is obsessed with the smell of leather. We'll walk past the belt section at the flea market and we'll just stop there for five minutes while she inhales. She also likes the smell of gasoline.

The best smell smells like the color teal.

████ <-- That shade, to be specific.

sandalwood, feathers, grass, honey, and jasmine!

edit: oh, and cheese.

Lilacs. Fortunately they grow high off the ground and the bushes are too flimsy to lean against, or I would probably spend all springtime hanging around with my head stuck in a lilac bush. As is, I can only do that for so long before my legs start getting tired.

Lilacs. Fortunately they grow high off the ground and the bushes are too flimsy to lean against, or I would probably spend all springtime hanging around with my head stuck in a lilac bush. As is, I can only do that for so long before my legs start getting tired.
This.
Also the smell of peppermint, lemons, limes and as others have said, gasoline.

Fresh laundry!

And not just any fresh laundry. It has to be sun-dried fresh laundry. Trust me, it smells different (and a lot nicer) than drier-dried laundry.

And also the smell of old but well-kept books. It's a sort of sweet and musty smell that's really nice.

:( How do you people stand gasoline? It's so strong and sharp. It hurts my nose, and my brain...

Fresh laundry!

And not just any fresh laundry. It has to be sun-dried fresh laundry. Trust me, it smells different (and a lot nicer) than drier-dried laundry.

And also the smell of old but well-kept books. It's a sort of sweet and musty smell that's really nice.

quoting for truth! both for sun-dried laundry (my nanna's always said that clothing hung outside 'smells of sunshine') and for old books. If I remember correctly, the process that makes books turn yellow and faded also makes them smell sweet and weird. It's something about the preservatives in the paper decaying or something? I forget.

I absolutely love the scent of vanilla. It's wonderful. Do you know what I really fucking hate? Lavender. It's like the douche of all scents. It's all HEY HEY I'M LAVENDER. HEY. HEY. PAY ATTENTION TO ME I'M LAVENDER MAN.

Fucking lavender. There's a bunch of other smells I like, too -- like you know that metallic, dusty smell you get just before it rains? That one.

leather, new games and/or books, stuff that's just been photocopied, cats (especially kittens), lemons, barbecue

but my most favourite smell of all time is chocolate orange.

Why has nobody mentioned fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies?
It truly is an amazing scent.

old books, the smell of manga( manga has a different smell. its kinda like mould.) and oil heaters. for some strange reason i like the smell of cigeret smoke and dust. i also find people's houses have a smell that i can never describe.

A JORDAN

but seriously
uh

I like the smell of video game manuals! and um. new clothes and new shoes... which looks a bit weird to everyone...

Shadey smell! :3 He smells all manly and makes me want to eat him up and is sooooft.

Also, the smell of garlic bread.

Bread being baked
Bread being toasted
Bread being garlicked
Bread being Subwayed

Cooking bacon taunts me with its smell because it knows I don't eat it.
I like the smell of egg, but I don't like the smell of things that smell like egg.
I really like old book smell, especially the ones that have paper that's turned orangey.

There are so many smells I like but I can't think of them all right now.

That new car smell, vanilla, freshly baked cookies, most meats when cooked, and rain. So much rain.

But I really can't stand gasoline. :(

Back
Top Bottom