• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

If I had to say anything it'd probably be that Indigo is posting pretty loosely which should feel kind of pure? and like, non-nervous? (especially for a newer player but like, correct me if my understanding of your experience level is wrong)

Ehh... it's not much but i have played IRL mafia before,

I'm curious: what makes you say my role is so powerful?
I’m certain that many (if not most) tropes are not only very revealing about one’s alignment as mafia/town/independent, but also provides much insight about one’s gimmick/power. Besides, if there is indeed a Trope Killer, well, you’re the killer’s phonebook.

keldeo, sorry if you've already said this, but what do you believe the deal is with jack?
So the new simplest explanation is that no one lied, Jack was just a normal townie Death Doctor, and everyone's power was working as intended, right?
^ I'm believing in this explanation - the mafia just killed a town n0, VM and Negrek are telling the truth - unless/until something comes up that would cast doubt on it. I can see why the indignant stare could mean that he is actually "lost mafia", but I'm not overly swayed by the idea when I think this is simpler.

At some point this evening I'll make a more detailed post about the game, but I've barely thought about the last like... 10 pages, other than I think IndigoEmmy is very towny - she seems very pure and in-flow. While I'm fine with this pace in general, I was expecting the game to move much more slowly, hehe.

I’m certain that many (if not most) tropes are not only very revealing about one’s alignment as mafia/town/independent, but also provides much insight about one’s gimmick/power. Besides, if there is indeed a Trope Killer, well, you’re the killer’s phonebook.
Negrek said she only learns the tropes of people who are already dead, so I don't see how this is that powerful in the way you say it is?

I’m sorta starting to get better vibes from keldeo’s posts

might be easier to form reads if I could remember who’s in this game

i agree with your take on jack, keldeo.

unfortunately i think most of the information we have rn is not that useful for determining who to lynch today. negrek's claim seems unfalsifiable for the time being, and vm's will come to light in the morning. i don't really feel that we are any closer to understanding who scum is right now. i suppose the day is still young... mm. i don't really know what the best way forward is. definitely not emojiposting though. 🤬

I only learn the tropes of people after they die, so we already know all their alignment info. Given the nature of this game, it's entirely possible that posthumous trope information may actually be useful to have somehow. However, off the bat I'm not seeing it, which is why I was comfotable claiming earlier than I usually would; I don't see what sitting on a bunch of dead people's tropes would get me. A bit salty that if I'd waited the whole thing would have been cleared up without me saying anything, but last night I didn't want us to get too into the weeds on "is JackPK dead or not," so I figured then was as good a time as any.

Negrek said she only learns the tropes of people who are already dead, so I don't see how this is that powerful in the way you say it is?
…how could I have not computed that. My bad, I completely forgot that her power is contingent to the dead. I took mental notes through the first 18-odd pages before commenting, and memories sure got fuzzy.

I withdraw my assessment of her powers’s powerfulness.

Phew thank god I finally caught up.

If this was addressed at me, then the only thing that's changed about my opinions since my last post is that I don't really see why we're still hypothesising about JackPK secretly being mafia. The only reason the possibility came up was that VM slightly misread his role (or so he claims), and the only other piece of evidence is the flavour text, which everyone seems to agree is unreliable at best and conceivably might be actively misleading.

I also have, if I've got the local lingo right, "half a scumread" on somebody, but as I'm not nearly as experienced as most of you, I feel like it would be unwise to start pointing the finger of suspicion without being more confident. But if there is general consensus that I probably ought to share, I'll happily do so.

Don't worry too much about it! Roleclaiming doesn't necessarily make you a target. If you were telling the truth, then as you've now given away all your information, your role is essentially the same as a vanilla townie. If I were the mafia, I would be focusing on trying to identify and kill the power roles instead of just offing you. (Granted, the TCoD meta may be different from what I'm used to, and this is hardly a normal game, but still.)

🤨

adx5RM0E_700w_0.jpg

you guys better enjoy that meme

My browser froze and my task manager crashed so I had reboot the laptop, which made Windows believe it was the first time I had started the laptop so it ran the whole Windows set-up with me before letting me back. Needless to say, I spent the last hour eating ice cream tbh

Back
Top Bottom