• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

it ends in 5.5 hours I think? Butterfree never stated phase lengths but from what we've seen I'm guessing it's either 72/48 or 72/72? I forgot how long n0 was

my feelings are also vague tbf

i really don't have a good grasp on this game so far and i think i'm kind of having a hard time bc it's like... 50% tcod meta which is kind of weird for me. with the invitationals on mu at least it was like 90% tcod with a handful of non-tcod folks and it was easier to compartmentalize, rn i feel like half the roster is playing a slightly different game from me
that is why I like it. I feel the exact same minus I have less knowledge than you currently. It is something I could jive with basically.
When you talk about the invitational, do you mean the one that wasnt that long ago? The one I played?

However, since we're starting to come up pretty hard against the end of the day, I think we probably want to figure out where we're going before we completely run out of time to discuss. It doesn't look like anyone has any very strong feelings about targets, so are we looking at abstain? Lynch inactive? Or is there anyone that people do feel like they'd be ready to lynch based on actually thinking they're mafia?
i am currently in favor of lynching inactive, i have a few kind-of suspicions but i don't really know if anyone else shares them tbh

that is why I like it. I feel the exact same minus I have less knowledge than you currently. It is something I could jive with basically.
When you talk about the invitational, do you mean the one that wasnt that long ago? The one I played?
yeah! i'm qva

I'm in favour of lynching someone we won't be able to solve over not lynching at all, and this isn't like a mostly-vanilla game like I'm used to so I don't think every lynch has to be like super-useful and forcing people to take stances and stuff, you know? We should have a lot of cool role stuff going on in the night to help us out.

i think i feel a bit less outclassed in this game than i did in the invitational... is that mean to say

also i learned a lot from that game, both about playing and also about the people in it (many of whom are in this game)

come to think of it maybe i should be more suspicious of keldeo 🤔

I’m siding with Eifie here, Jack is definitely dead and not town-aligned. The indignant look says all – unless mafia can fuck around with the flavour text, that is. The lack of sign of violence can be explained by Psychic Powers, poisoning or pretty much any ninja trope.

My thoughts so far… Eifie and serimachi are likely town and I have my suspicions around one person whom I’ll abstain from naming. Talking about abstaining, I don’t think it’s prudent to lynch anyone with the tiny amount of info we currently have, so I’ll abstain. Also, if I’m a cop, n0 green on Ultracool.

Womp womp. Now if Negrek is mafia and lying about Jack’s role, guess who’s gonna be murdered by sunrise?

Tell me about it.
Why did you abstain from wanting to say who you were/are suspicious of?

i think i feel a bit less outclassed in this game than i did in the invitational... is that mean to say

also i learned a lot from that game, both about playing and also about the people in it (many of whom are in this game)

come to think of it maybe i should be more suspicious of keldeo 🤔
thats why i am not giving him a town read atm tbh
thing is, i feel like eifie would get Keldeo if he is scum and she is town. So yeah.

thats why i am not giving him a town read atm tbh
thing is, i feel like eifie would get Keldeo if he is scum and she is town. So yeah.
luckily we're masons and I don't have to bother because otherwise I definitely need more than one game day to read Keldeo properly

ok my only genuinely sincere :|a vibe is still about ils. i'd be open to re-explaining if that's something anyone wants (now that i'm not snoozing-while-typing) but it's also not something i'm going to fight super hard for, because it's not like i have him scumlocked so much as i just feel weird every time i read back through

that being said, and correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it's probably more beneficial to lynch people who are only mostly-inactive instead of fully-inactive? which leads me to people like rnp, stryke, or flora. i mostly say this because i feel like an odie_pie, who's made literally no posts (as opposed to 2, or 3, or 4) is more likely to be ghosting the entire game rather than just ignoring thread because they're occupied with mafiachat and ~ Life ~, and i don't think there's any huge opportunity cost right now of lynching a mostly-inactive rather than a fully-inactive player.

between those three, i actually think (based on just online-ness, post frequency, and post timing) that rnp is who i currently like the least, since he's actually posted in some wide-ish distribution across the thread (in the 500s and in 802) and was online late last night, which reads more of possible awareness or being involved ingame than flora, who posted in the very beginning only to ghost the thread, or stryke, who issued a few joke posts (all in the 300s) and could have ghosted, because he wasn't online for a while between there (iirc like since the 400s). that being said i might change that because he just came online as i'm typing this lmao

hm yeah that's legit
i kind of like eif's (non-masonic) reasoning on him and i've liked his posting so i guess i'll keep him on my town pile for now

tbf i think it's likely that this is just a much bigger/more active game than some people bargained for and with that in mind i think only a handful of people ghosting out is actually fairly good
but yeah even so i think the people who aren't really posting ought to be the default lynches unless something else comes forward ig

tbf i think it's likely that this is just a much bigger/more active game than some people bargained for and with that in mind i think only a handful of people ghosting out is actually fairly good
but yeah even so i think the people who aren't really posting ought to be the default lynches unless something else comes forward ig
i agree with the first sentence which is why i'm pointing to people who actually have been sort of keeping up, idk? like right now we all seem to be leaning towards an inactive lynch regardless, which seems better to me than abstaining, if that is the case and i'd rather go with lynching one of those three over total ghosts because i think that any involvement is much more indicative of even still playing the game than 0 involvement

mm it's hard to distinguish between town disinterest and mafia lurking so idk how indicative any of it is

the reason I prefer lynching the person who's probably never going to post is that there's probably no chance that they can do anything that will make us able to read them, while theoretically the people who exist but aren't posting could at some point start posting and we might be able to get some sort of read

Back
Top Bottom