• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

...Still torn about RNP and probably gonna stay that way for a while, not gonna lie. I see what you mean about RNP as mafia revealing more info and getting rid of the threat of an unreliable roleblocker, but I also sorta wonder about a scenario where MF is the main killer right now. She didn't post much, but she DID keep up with the thread, which is what I sort of expect from whoever leads the mafia right now. So I wonder if the sort of person the mafia would target would change if she died, or if maybe the next in line would be an inactive and we'd even get no death the next day. ...Which is also what a correct heal could do, admittedly.
this is interesting but i don’t think it matters in the end tbh. if any of those things are true they won’t be true in a predictable way, so the time we lynch mf won’t have much bearing

also lynching MF does have the infoyield of those townreads mentioned, but i feel like MF is so locked in that that yield doesn't even really matter to me now (as far as exactly when we get it)

i'm willing to die and show my flip if it means giving more info to the town to work with going forwars

i can't roleblock a mafia read if i'm the only remaining mafia read :p

If RNP is actually mafia, I would townread pretty much everyone on this wagon even more than currently. In some sense this wagon is "fake" because MF was pretty much always going to be today's lynch, but I think most of these people were actually pushing for RNP's eventual death.
Yeah… But I feel like we also should take into account that if Mawile was telling the truth and there indeed are out-group mafia who flip mafia, then pushing for a mafia vote isn’t necessarily indicative of being town. Mist was the first to vote for Mawile yesterDay, but I don’t townread her for that. It’s not you, it’s me.

Yeah… But I feel like we also should take into account that if Mawile was telling the truth and there indeed are out-group mafia who flip mafia, then pushing for a mafia vote isn’t necessarily indicative of being town
i wouldn't think that a roleblocker would be hidden outgroup tbh

you're saying that you're not fully comfortable lynching someone until the mystery surrounding them is resolved bc you don't want to end up still scratching your head about it Days later, right? if i'm interpreting your post correctly and that is what you're saying, then what i'm saying is that i feel like you may very well be waiting for that to be resolved forever and i don't think we should wait for it before considering lynches
The point is less that I think we should wait longer for the RNP/Stryke/Koko situation to resolve itself (because you're right, it like, won't) and more that I believe that there's a chance for healerclashvig scenario on M&F to go wrong and cost us another day putting it right

I do think ultimately it's really just a question of "do you think potentially streamlining our resolution of killing these two slots is worth it for resolving the one that's been vaguely scummy over the one that's been checked red by a cop" and for me that's a no right now. Mostly because I think even though RNP's play has been obfuscating, I feel like he's been doing it without much intention.

But I think maybe if you think that intention is just for him to block doctors and rile stuff up at any cost even if that means getting himself killed then yeah, I get it. I just don't think that's very much in his playstyle. Imo at least.

Yeah… But I feel like we also should take into account that if Mawile was telling the truth and there indeed are out-group mafia who flip mafia, then pushing for a mafia vote isn’t necessarily indicative of being town. Mist was the first to vote for Mawile yesterDay, but I don’t townread her for that. It’s not you, it’s me.
Yeah I agree, I guess I'm using shorthand for "mafia who know RNP is mafia". I'm not clearing anyone for voting Mawile, I see this as different from voting for Mawile because Mawile had a mechanical result against him and RNP just has a mechanical situation going on.

i don't think @Ottercopter gave you back the role, she said "it's not me, it's you" instead of "it's not you, it's me"

Damn, I had one job. It's not you, it's me.

The point is less that I think we should wait longer for the RNP/Stryke/Koko situation to resolve itself (because you're right, it like, won't) and more that I believe that there's a chance for healerclashvig scenario on M&F to go wrong and cost us another day putting it right
i mean, i agree, i'm not super into healerclashvig either :(. but what do you think then of an RNP lynch (or push) now and an MF lynch tomorrow?

But I think maybe if you think that intention is just for him to block doctors and rile stuff up at any cost even if that means getting himself killed then yeah, I get it. I just don't think that's very much in his playstyle. Imo at least.
this is what i feel, yeah. i don't know his playstyle, i guess i'm kind of unconvinced so far by all the "that's just how he plays :)" that i've heard so far - skylar finally seeming to change her mind on pressing rnp is also why i became a bit more confident about it, since she knows him better than i do

I don't like
fully trust myself here and I'm definitely squinting a bit more given the claim that he just did Stryke like,
again last night when that's probably? Low utility.

I just think in a weird way that I don't equate him making those kinds of choices with necessarily not being in his town range. If that makes sense

np! my seri read is very gentle haha, i was starkly neutral on them but am now choosing to lightly TR them because MF tried to campaign a seri lynch (very briefly) so if MF is mafia as we think, then seri is probably not mafia (especially bc there were other inactives MF could have chosen)

no thoughts on mist tbh but i don't think that an earnest mist discussion atm makes sense in light of everything else we have to go on
thanks! and good catch on the seri thing I agree that's a valuable (if light) nug of interaction

re:mist pretty much was just aiming for your off-the-top-of-the-dome there so no worries, I only really mention mist because in my own mind I consider them in this kind of grouping, but it can definitely sit on the backburner

re:mist pretty much was just aiming for your off-the-top-of-the-dome there so no worries, I only really mention mist because in my own mind I consider them in this kind of grouping, but it can definitely sit on the backburner
yeah this is fair. i think the same q could also go for other inactives that went unmentioned by MF, like flora, but mist has been posting more/hasn't given rationale like flora has. so it makes sense

Yeah I agree, I guess I'm using shorthand for "mafia who know RNP is mafia". I'm not clearing anyone for voting Mawile, I see this as different from voting for Mawile because Mawile had a mechanical result against him and RNP just has a mechanical situation going on.

i don't think @Ottercopter gave you back the role, she said "it's not me, it's you" instead of "it's not you, it's me"
Damn, I had one job. It's not you, it's me.
Now I can it's not you, it's me whoever I want to it's not you, it's me. How's that for a kartoshka?

Now I can it's not you, it's me whoever I want to it's not you, it's me. How's that for a kartoshka?
Wait so if we quote multiple people and say "It's not you, it's me," who takes priority? ...Maybe you shouldn't actually answer that.
Brb, gonna quite all 25 players in one post as a power pla-

Back
Top Bottom