• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Moments at School

My Spanish teacher gave us this three-day, in-class project where we were required to work in a group of 4 to write and act out a short skit, with three of us being customers and the other one being the waiter. We needed to use some of the new food vocabulary we learned, and we even had to bring props like forks and a notepad for the waiter.
However, my teacher provided the large objects, which essentially consisted of a small square table in the front of the room, with a tablecloth on top and some chairs on the side. However, 2 of the chairs are just normal and only one of them is a rollie (rolly?) chair with wheels on the bottom. Without noticing, I took that one, and, also without noticing too much, I started rolling on it. By the time we were halfway done with the three minute-long show, I was already blissfully rolling almost three feet back and forth each time. Eventually, one of the other “customers” just grabbed onto one of the chair’s legs and didn’t let go until we were done with the play. We got a 96% on it, though.

In English, one of the fluorescent lights was flickering, and my teacher asked one of the tall students to help her remove the cover so that it could be changed. All while the teacher is telling him to be careful up there, the student climbed to the top of one of the desks and took the cover down easily, carefully setting his foot on the ground again. However, when he walked over to hand the case to the teacher, he tripped over one of the chair legs, falling down, and in the process, breaking the case.

I was in one of the Academic team meets (well, specifically, I was sitting on the side, waiting to be switched in). The question reader started to ask, “What country…”
Then, someone buzzes in. “Sorry, that was a mistake.”
“I’m sorry, but you must answer if you buzz in.”
“Um…Afghanistan?”
“That’s…correct, actually.”

At the end of the last period of the day, a group of people near the back of the class were throwing paper balls at the trash basket in the front of the class. However, one of these balls accidentally hit a girl sitting in the front.
She exploded and yelled at them, “*Bleep* you, you *bleep*ing *bleep*heads!”
The teacher just looked up, and then turned back to his computer.

That skit reminds me of how we had to make up a random skit in reading last year:

*restaurant scene*
*guy playing waiter comes up to us*
One guy: flyqwejpoiadfj aidopfjwiopjf
*guy puts arms in baggy sleeves and bows, then walks away*
Like how the ancient Chinese/Japanese or stuff did with their robes.
It was funny because I'm pretty sure he said what that one guy said in the AT&T commercials.
"Mr. Stinky Fish Face"

I have the most awesome Spanish class like ever. Months or whatever ago we were assigned this song that web were supposed to be able to sing in Spanish. Well, now it's turned into a meme almost, and lots of times the class will just break out into song. Then they chant for the teacher to turn the actual music on until he does. XD It's really funny when you see it.

And my Social Studies class... don't get me started. My teacher is insane. I'm serious, being in the class is like watching a sitcom. There's even a laugh track (the students)! XD

In Chinese class, the teacher was translating some sentance, all "This says 'Please will you eat my..." and then some other kid is like off in his own world or something translating a different sentence and right after she says "my" he starts saying "Come..." and then everyone was like "lol"

Not actually school, but this happened at my English course yesterday. I started said course yesterday, so it was my first class. When I arrived, I noticed almost all my classmates were laughing at something. When I came closer, I noticed that someone had written on the blackboard"ALL YOU BASE ARE BELONG TO US". Yeah, that was when I realized that the course would be so zetta very fun. Ok. I expected the teacher to notice the "engrish", but not getting the joke at all.

When the teacher arrived, he started laughing and shouted "FOR GREAT JUSTICE, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?". And everyone started saying Zero Wing quotes for at least half an hour. I bet you won't believe it. But ALMOST everybody there is a gamer.

First an otaku teacher, and now that. My life sure is amusing. @_@

I got bored in science today.

*is studying classification of rocks*
Teacher: What would you classify this rock as, igneous, metamorphic, or sedimentary?
Me: I would classify it in the fourth group.
Teacher: What fourth group?
Me: Rocks.

*teacher finishes explaining tomorrow's test (in math)*
Me: *looks up from reading Eldest* What? Did you say something?

No, I wasn't kidding :P

So, earlier today, my Irish teacher (the same one I mentioned earlier in the thread) called my friend's name in order to get his attention so he'd answer the question. My friend didn't hear him and continued to play with his pen. My teacher got pretty pissed off at him and walked over to my friend (who's attention still hadn't diverted from the pen) and yanked the pen off him. My teacher examined the pen for a while and then looked up at the class with a rather perplexed look on his face. He held the pen up high so everyone could see it (it was two times as wide as a normal pen) and he turned back to my friend. "Why would you possibly want a pen this thick?"

And I pipe up, "because he wanted something to match his brain."

Naturally, my comment got a few laughs and you really needed to be there for it to appreciate it fully.

There were crickets all over my school for the first few weeks. It was so perfect in precalc; those first couple of weeks no one would answer any questions and our teacher doesn't call on us, so whenever he asked a question there would be this silence with a cricket chirping in the background. Priceless.

And then there was one in AP chemistry, too. We were taking a quiz with this cricket singing, and then all of a sudden, there's another one, and here we are trying to concentrate on writing net ionic equations with this chorus of crickets behind us. xDD

This didn't happen to me, but to my brother a while ago. He got a homework page for math and his teacher really really really hated cats. All the questions were along the lines of, "Bobby the rooftop bowler threw a bowling ball off the roof. It went 50 MPH and the sidewalk was 20 feet away. How long will it roll before hitting the cat sleeping on the sidewalk?"
That isn't exactly what it said, but it was along those lines. All the questions every day were like that. Lucky. x3

So I was in one of my classes today, doodling various weapons on a piece of paper. Then the guy sitting across from me takes a look at it, and says "Please tell me that's a battleaxe" and I go "wha--OMGWTH" and it was funny.

Haha.

There a LOT of teachers with the surname Williams at my school, and one day Mrs. Williams the maths teacher was telling us a story.

Teacher: I was on holiday with Mr. Williams and-
Boy: Which Mr. Williams?
Everybody: *laughs*

Knowing him, he probably still thinks that the teachers live in the school.

There a LOT of teachers with the surname Williams at my school, and one day Mrs. Williams the maths teacher was telling us a story.

Teacher: I was on holiday with Mr. Williams and-
Boy: Which Mr. Williams?
Everybody: *laughs*

Knowing him, he probably still thinks that the teachers live in the school.
My school has three Williamses. Well, there was a Mrs Williams (my form tutor all throughout the school until Sixth Form) who left last year. Now there's just Mr Williams the games teacher and Mr Williams the IT teacher.

(I'm assuming Williams is a Welsh surname, what with the high concentration of them at Murkrow's school, and the Games teacher at mine being Welsh.)

Science Teacher: Alright, does anyone know why magnesium is used in fireworks?
Guy Sitting Next To Me: Because it kills small children!

I got bored in science today.

*is studying classification of rocks*
Teacher: What would you classify this rock as, igneous, metamorphic, or sedimentary?
Me: I would classify it in the fourth group.
Teacher: What fourth group?
Me: Rocks.

lolllllllll you're trying too hard to be *~~hilarious~~* or you're just really dim :(

Kelly is my psycology teacher. She is v. funny. We where shown a little slideshow, and one of the images was of a chicken and an egg swapping places.The class went off topic and started talking about that.

Kelly: On the subject of the chicken/egg thing, I gave someone a very funny birthday card. It was a picture of a chicken, and an egg smoking a cigarette. The chicken then says: "That answers the question of who came first."

Class: *starts laughing*

Some girl I do not know the name of: Is the chicken talking about ejaculation?

Class + Kelly: *laughs even harder*

Pete: Now, that's what you get for putting a chicken and an egg here. Look at how mature the class has become.

Kelly: I should have never put the animation up.

On the subject of the chicken/egg thing, I gave someone a very funny birthday card. It was a picture of a chicken, and an egg smoking a cigarette. The chicken then says: "That answers the question of who came first."

I've seen that one. If you think hard enough it's a VERY disturbing concept.

lolllllllll you're trying too hard to be *~~hilarious~~* or you're just really dim :(

1. Trying too hard
2. Dim
3. VERY SLEEPY

What option is your choice?

And the other day in World History we found out that the Egyptian god of fertility was a guy o.O

Me: *shows page in book teacher brought to class* The Egyptian god of fertility is a guy.
Guy I Showed it to: He must like his job

^ Mythology. ^^

I managed to almost break a table while partying in Latin. o.o

Edgar: Dude, let me sit here.
Matt: No, I'm sitting here.
Edgar: Dude, let me f***ing sit here!
Matt: No, I'm sitting here and I'm not letting you sit here!
Edgar: *Lets loose an extremley long, loud string of swear words*
Almost everyone: ...
Random girl: That was funny!

It was one of those things you needed to be there to see.

Back
Top Bottom