• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Moments at School

So, exams started today. So, being in Music Major, me, one of my friends in Music Major who happens to be a Pokemon fan (that Jess that I mention in just about every post here), and another friend who's in our gym class even though she's not a Major (Jeanine who I mention sometimes), were sitting in the cafeteria wondering what the heck to do.

After doing...well...nothing, i took out my iPod and lent it to them.

Long story short:

Jess: *starts playing Tears of Life* Ooh, is this the part where Ash dies?
Me: Yeah.
Jeanine: *has horrified look on face*
Me: Oh, he gets resurrected.
Jeaine: *still has horrified look on face*

Jess: She loves me better~

...Yeah. Long story. I usually end up answering, "I love both of you equally. So there."

Jeanine: I just want practice to be over.
Me: *poof* There. It's over.
Chorale director: Okay, practice is over.

We also skipped in Theology. Wow.

Well, I did work experience in the Chemistry Department in my school, so I have quite a few. Oh, and yes. They do talk about pupils.

I'm standing in the doorway of the staff room. Teacher1 doesn't see me. T1 is talking to Female Teacher.

FT: God, I hate my kids! They're always leaving shit everywhere!
T1: That's the problem with women! When you have ten spare minutes you sit down and think of what you'll be doing later. When I get ten minutes, I sit down and- *makes a wanking gesture*.
T2: Yeah, Aaron just heard you... Sorry, Azz...
T1: Whoops! :D
Me: OH GAAAAAWWWD! IT'S STILL THERE WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES!!! I CANNOT BLINK!!!
T1: Well as I was saying: They say men can't multitask. We can, it's just that we're always thinking about sex, and it's distracting.
T2: Aaron... Is still here...
Me: ...This will be even more awkward, when you have to teach me again, won't it...
T1: Sure! So anyway-
Me:I'm leaving.

There's also:
T2: So are there any weird people in your class?
T1: Yeah, actually Naily* Edwards sort of clings onto him, somehow.
T2: Naily? Ooh, gutting Aaron. What's he doing for work experience, 'en?
Me: -
T2: Haha, I bet he's down by the stealworks, stealing copperwire!
Me: Heh-
T2: Don't tell him I said that, though, or his parents'll be after me with lead piping. :-\

*This is his actual name. Honest to god.

I know. I have more, but I'll post them later. :grin:

Ben: Why don't you write it on your glasses then? (I don't remember how this started, btw)

Liz: Alright. *proceeds to scribble on her glasses before realising that it leaves a mark*

Ben: I didn't mean seriously!

My science and social studies classes last year consisted of some hilarious class clowns that were not stopped by the science teacher because she was quite lenient with the class, and the social studies teacher was occasionally somewhat lenient as well.

This resulted in some very funny exchanges taking place...

The class clowns all knew about my obsession with Warriors, so they bugged me about the books on a regular basis. When I brought Outcast in a few days after it had been released, one of them had seen enough of the books to know that Outcast was knew - and then all the clowns started marching around the room chanting "New book! New book!" I think they also knew about my Pokémon fandom - or maybe it was coincidence that they talked about it so often - so one day during science class, one of them started talking about Pokémon and then said something to the effect of "My favorite Pokémon is Blastoise. What's your favorite Pokémon, [teacher]?" The teacher just replied "I don't... have one." Later that year we were discussing the periodic table, and that same clown kept asking if [insert Pokémon type here] was an element because it is in the Pokémon games.

That same one would say "a dragon" to the most random questions, resulting in my social studies teacher asking "If you didn't believe the religion, what were you?" or something along those lines - the correct answer would have been a Pilgrim, but the clown answered "a dragon".

Late in the year, that same clown started talking about how dragons can breathe fire from their stomachs or something - and I asked "Oh, and you know so much about dragons?" He just replied, referring to my Warriors obsession, "Well, you wouldn't know, considering you only see cats."

During that class, we were reading something from our textbooks - some timeline or something - and it mentioned the creation of a wooden submarine. One of the other clowns said that our social studies teacher had said there couldn't be wood submarines. To prove her wrong, he got up, left the room, and then went down the hall to barge into our social studies class and tell the teacher that there could in fact be a wooden submarine...

At the end of that class, a couple of the clowns picked up chairs and this one kid's crutches and started jousting with them.

Last year was a fun year. :D

Today at lunch:
Me: *gives Hannah some banana flapjack*
Han: Yay! I love you Leah!
Me: ... I love you too! Let's get married!
Han: Ok! *puts imaginary ring on my finger*
Arleen: Hannah, how could you? I thought we had something :(
Me: Don't worry, you can marry Hannah too!
(Hannah ended up 'marrying' all 5 of us at the table. She's the man, by the way.)
A bit later:
Me: Hannah, I'm pregnant.
Han: OH GOD.

Uh. There was this one teacher who gave out some sort of question in a grammar quiz. We had to write down what was wrong in a sentence grammar-wise and correct it, and one of the questions went something like...

"Calvin prefers wearing shorts to pants; they are more comfortable in his opinion." (With grammar errors, of course."

So... do you see where I'm going with this?... I wrote down:

"Remove 'more comfortable in his opinion' and use 'COMFY AND EASY TO WEAR!!' instead."

And my teacher actually got the joke.

Uh. There was this one teacher who gave out some sort of question in a grammar quiz. We had to write down what was wrong in a sentence grammar-wise and correct it, and one of the questions went something like...

"Calvin prefers wearing shorts to pants; they are more comfortable in his opinion." (With grammar errors, of course."

So... do you see where I'm going with this?... I wrote down:

"Remove 'more comfortable in his opinion' and use 'COMFY AND EASY TO WEAR!!' instead."

And my teacher actually got the joke.
I knew where that was going the instant I read the word "shorts". XD

She didn't actually catch the joke before I pointed it out (meaning she just wrote it as something random like all the other questions), but as she was reviewing the tests a little farther in class she just burst out in random laughter - A couple people ran over, mumbled a bit, and went back to their seats. I started laughing too.

Ooh, and another one: my math teacher likes to throw things at us. Eraser caps, white-erase markers, etc. So she was throwing markers at us one day to do a problem, and she targeted this kid named Angel (male, might I add) multiple times. The first time, it missed him completely. The second, it skimmed his hair. The third, it bounced off his desk. The fourth time, it knocked his glasses off.

And he was just staring ahead, and everyone started laughing. It was one of those you-had-to-be-there moments...

Last edited:
Uh, well, the same Chem teacher from earlier posts is extremely eccentric.

He's awesome, though.

He's all:

T1: Now, to explain particles!
Class: Uhhh, we kno-
T1: Shhhhhh!!! Anyway, imagine you were all running around the room. You're gas particles. Now, imagine, there were desks everywhere!!! You would be running into them and reacting!!! Now, then, imagine if I was standing here naked with a giant baseball bat!!!!!!!!! I would then be a catalyst!!!!!!!!

Also:

Student: Sir told me I was stupid and to ask you who Obi Wan Kenobi is from.
T1:...
S: High Schoooouhhhh... Lord of the Rings?
T1: Not even close. It's Star Wars, numb nuts!
S: Aaaah, yeah I knew that!
T1: You can redeem yourself if you can name one Star Wars movie.
S: Staaaaar... Waaaaars... Epsiode One?
T1: Detention.
S: Huh?
T1: One character, at least.
S:... ... ... ...Obi Wan Kenobi?
T1: After school! I'll be here... With a baseball bat. *Winks at class*

Also, I though my previous ones were rather funny... Why did no one comment ;)

Okay, so, this morning my friend Jeanine slammed her locker door. On my finger. And it hurt.

So, when I got to Health class:

Me: And Jeanine slammed her locker door on my finger, and it really hurts.
Jess: *somewhat shouting* You slammed your locker door on her finger?
Jeanine: It was an accident!

In math:

Girl: *says something I can't hear*
Me: O.O You got what stuck in your Hello Kitty?

And changing out from Gym (goooooood I hate gym D:):

Girl1: There's a hairpin in the toilet!
Girl2: o.O
*I come in*
Girl1: I got it!
Girl2: You stuck your hand in the toilet!?
Girl1: No, I was just kidding :(
*Girl1 changes and comes out*
*I go in to the bathroom stall*
Me: Holy crap, there is a hairpin in here! O.O
Girl1: I toldja so!

Okay, At school there is this kid named Kevin, and this teacher asked him question last year

Teacher:Kevin answer problem 8
Kevin: Umm...
Teacher: KEVIN ANSWER THE QUESTION
Kevin:Ummmmm
Teacher:*YELLS* KEVIN ANSWER THE FLIPPIN PROBLEM!
Kevin: *whispers* I don't have my Math Book
Teacher: *sighs* KEVIN GO TO ROOM 13 AND STAY THERE UNTIL YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT WHY YOU HAVE A BIG FAT '0' IN MATH
Kids:*laughing*
Kevin: *SCREAMING* I FREAKIN' HATE MY LIFE!!!!
Teacher: KEVIN GO TO ROOM 13 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin:*crying, while going to room 13*
1 hour later.
Kevin:*Walks into the room* The doors locked.
Teacher:WHAT, YOU STAYED THERE 60 MINS, AND YOU JUST STANDED THERE, JUST THE FLIP OUT!!

LOL

In 5th Grade, my Teacher told my class that once when she lived in Botswana (a country in Africa) for a period of time, that a baboon broke into her house and raided the cabinets, taking a bite out of each piece of a loaf of bread.

You know how sometimes you'll just be sitting there and your mind sort of fucks off for a while? That happened to me today in Law. It took me about 20 seconds to realise the teacher was asking me something.

During this time I was busy reading a poster entitled Effective Listening.

^ Oh God, Mike.

We're reading Romeo and Juliet in English, and I really get into my parts, even if they are mostly guys. Meanwhile, the rest of my class is reading their parts robotically.

English teacher: Put some emotion into it! When you're reading your part, think "WWRD. What would Rachel do?"

Laughter ensued throughout the class.

^ Oh God, Mike.

We're reading Romeo and Juliet in English, and I really get into my parts, even if they are mostly guys. Meanwhile, the rest of my class is reading their parts robotically.

Laughter ensued throughout the class.

*lolol*

Very nice, Flora. I hate when people do that - I'm the only person who reads with any emotion, and people are all "YOURE READING TOO FAST OMG"... but no teacher of mine is going to pull a What Would Murky Do any time soon. xD (No, Murky's not my real name. xD)

Back
Top Bottom