• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[GAME OVER] Super Random Mafia Game [ALIEN WIN]

Re: [Night 1] Super Random Mafia Game

...hm, seems like almost everyone posted before me this time. I blame different time zones. xD

So, what we know is : No one died. Unlikely when there's both Mafia and a Vigilante. However, like it's already said, the secret role might have something to do with it, since we don't know what they do.

And now we have a roleclaim too. Of course, now that we know Captain Sea Turtle is the Inspector, he'll be an obvious mafia target; however, there's no way to prove it and he might be A) an activated alien(which is possible since we got no kills, and either the Mafia or Vigilante tried to kill him) or B) Mafia trying to pose himself and other Mafia members as innocent.

I wasn't going to post, but the roleclaim attained my interest.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that IT COULD BE POSSIBLE that Captain Sea Turtle, demonickittens, and Hiikaru are all mafia together. A great way to convince people of this is to roleclaim Inspector and say that the other mafioso are innocents.

Then you might say, "But Blaziking! The real inspector surely would've come forth by now"

But what if Flora or [O] were the inspector? It would lead to a perfect, yet risky plan for the Inspector?

It's a terrible idea, I know, but let it be known that I contributed.

I think that's highly unlikely. The mafia wouldn't know whether Flora or [O] was the inspector, so claiming to be mafia could be very dangerous.

Well, the text after the roleclaim "you can't lynch me now that you know there's an activated alien" might be suspicious. If he's not what he claims to be, he might be an activated alien, but might also be an innocent posing as an alien posing as an innocent(just posting that to avoid getting killed)? So, what should we decide is most likely? Inspector, activated alien or possibly mafia?

blah blah blah

And now we have a roleclaim too. Of course, now that we know Captain Sea Turtle is the Inspector, he'll be an obvious mafia target; however, there's no way to prove it and he might be A) an activated alien(which is possible since we got no kills, and either the Mafia or Vigilante tried to kill him) or B) Mafia trying to pose himself and other Mafia members as innocent.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how would you possibly know whether anybody tried to kill him?

This could be a Freudian slip by a Mafia goon or it could be an intentional slip by an alien trying to get lynched or it could be just a casual forgetfulness to use the words "may have" or "could have". I might be getting paranoid, but since we have no other leads, I think this puts Worst Username Ever under at least a little bit of suspicion of either (A) being Mafia or (B) being activated alien trying to get lynched... at least until she can defend herself.

I think Hiikaru was a bit too eager to lynch before abstaining. He was jumping from possibility to possibility, considering lynching even without reasonable evidence.

I don't like it. It's suspiscious. Lynch Hiikaru.

To answer the question, Yes, I did end the night an hour early by mistake. My clock reads an hour fast and I forgot.

The Secret roles may or may not have blocked the kill too. I won't say if they can or not.

Also a handy vote recap:
Demonickittens(later withdrawn)
abstain
Hiikaru
Hiikaru

I'm not quite convinced about Hiikaru. If this is his first Mafia game, then the things you consider suspicious might not actually mean he's one of the Mafia. I guess I'll see if he comes on before the day ends to defend himself before casting my vote.

There's really no reason for being pro-lynch to be suspicious. Just because the mafia also wants to lynch doesn't mean we shouldn't want to; we're basically giving the mafia free kills if we keep abstaining!

And in that spirit, we might take a look at Demonickittens again. Killing him is probably safer than killing Captain Sea Turtle, and then if he's mafia we know that Captain Sea Turtle probably is too. It's kind of useless to kill him in normal circumstances now since he hasn't been on at all (so it's the same deal as moon-panther), but we can use him to determine the validity of the Inspector claim. I doubt he's the alien, anyway; why would the mafia waste a night kill on an innocent who isn't participating? (was going to be more gender neutral with "they", but this quickly rendered my post nonsensical)

Is two votes for me against one abstain enough to kill me? :C

Something that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet - it's possible that one of the secret roles could be the kind that makes someone show up as the opposite alignment when inspected. So if we lynch Hiikaru or demonickittens and they turn out to be Mafia, that doesn't necessarily mean that Captain Sea Turtle is with them too. I guess we can probably be pretty sure...without knowing the secret roles we can't really say anything definitively.

I do think lynching demonickittens would now be useful. If he(?) turns out to be Mafia, then it would be likely that Captain Sea Turtle and Hiikaru are also Mafia, and if he turns out to be innocent, we can probably believe Captain Sea Turtle's claim and we lose an innocent who doesn't contribute much to the discussion, rather than one who does.

So, demonickittens.

Yes. But yeah, you've been suspicious from the start. Your input was good sometimes, but you keep on jumping from someone to another. Hiikaru.

I haven't been suspicious from the start; I made a typo at the start, as I already said. And I haven't been jumping around with my claims, either. I talked about a few other people, but that's only natural because there are other people, and Demonickittens was never a certainty.

Demonickittens.

Now it's three/two/one on the votes, and the clock's ticking. So nerve-wracking.

I haven't played Mafia in ages (this is the first time since the forums kablooeyed like a year or more ago) so I may not be as suspicious/perceptive as the more experienced members, but it's been my experience that the Mafia do not tend to be the ones that say a lot or do a lot during the Day discussion, as Hiikaru has. On top of that, (although I'm no inspector), call it a gut feeling or a hunch, but I feel inclined to believe Hiikaru isn't mafia.

Demonickittens to even the scores again, and also per EE's point that he can be used as a litmus test for Captain Sea Turtle and Hiikaru.

This is getting a bit last minute here, but is it possible Captain Sea Turtle knew we'd see his claim as suspicious and try to lynch either me or Demonickittens? Does he know something we don't? If he's mafia, or a special role, or if he really is an evil almost-mafia-aligned inspector, he might be trying to lure us into some sort of trap.

Abstaining is dangerous, too, but maybe we could get the vigilante to go after Demonickittens.

I'm kind of involved too, but, I know that I'm not a member of the mafia.

Double post, but: Agh now I'm really concerned about what Brock does with tie votes. Some GMs call in someone from the dead, but we have no idea what the dead think, or if Brock even does that.

I'm kind of worried about Demonickittens but also worried about the tie but it's not like I can withdraw my vote without dying.

And there are only twenty minutes left!

I might just have to leave the tie and throw this game to chance. It's not like we know what else to do, but!

Well, if you want to prove your supposed innocence by roleclaiming or something, that would in fact be something that you can do. Just saying because it seems you have a 50/50 chance of dying at the end of the day anyway.

Roleclaiming isn't exactly proving my innocence, especially not with people already suspicious of me. I am not a mafia though.

I guess fifty/fifty chance is the best I can get under the circumstances. What else can I do, really, but wait?

Well, I meant, a reason not to kill you. It seems too late now, though; we'll wait and see.

Yeah, three minutes isn't enough for anyone to retract votes, anyway.

Hoping this goes well...

Back
Top Bottom