• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Game Queue Something

I am considering holding one of the following mafia games sometime in the coming months:

- Mafia Choice Mafia II
- Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

Please let me know if you have a preference for one over the other

Currently, i have no plans for mafia other than snom mafia, but once there would be an opening, i'd be down for making a new mafia game.

I assume that the smaller games will not drag on for 7-8 cycles
To make the games go by slightly faster, we can probably shorten nights to 24 hours?

Who is allowed to host a game, by the way? Because I've got some ideas for set ups that should hopefully be fun to play during the rounds I've been in as a player.

Ok so since the crowd overwhelmingly wants Out Of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia, I'll probably put up signups once the actual game ends so that people can send me their favorite out of context quotes, because I've probably missed a lot of good ones in my skims through the thread. (I do have a lot of good ones bookmarked already, but I'd like moooooore)

It'll probably be a shenanigans game, fitting of the theme.

Making a bunch of progress!
These are the core mechanics that probably won't change

Rusty Guillotine X
[Featuring: Grand-Looking Title]

Setup Notes:
  • This game can take between 12 and 16 players.
  • This game uses a special lynch mechanic.
    • Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is slated for execution.
    • They will die once the next person is slated for execution. (Usually at the end of the next day.)
  • This game has an oracle.
    • Each day, every player can vote on who to send to the oracle.
    • These votes are submitted through PMs, and cannot be changed once submitted. The votes will be revealed at the end of the day.
    • The player sent to the oracle will get a piece of information about the setup of the game. This information will be revealed publicly if they flip that night.
  • The informed minority faction(s) may or may not have factional kills, and they may have factional abilities other than kills.
    • All factional abilities can be preformed on top of existing abilities.
  • This game contains lies about core game mechanics, such as votes and flips.
    • There are no lies in any rolecards.
    • All lies are results of roles existing in the game.
    • All lies are distinguishable from truths in a consistent and deducible way.
  • The role flavor is based on my OC's, because why not.

Back
Top Bottom