• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Game Queue Something

I was looking at 2 rooms 1 boom, but I have playing experience with it :P
If someone else with more experience wants to host it, that'd probably be better, but if there isn't anyone, I think it would be fun to learn it together

I was looking at 2 rooms 1 boom, but I have no playing experience with it :P
If someone else with more experience wants to host it, that'd probably be better, but if there isn't anyone, I think it would be fun to learn it together
I love how that one is the word I missed

I've played quite a lot of Two Rooms and a Boom in real life, so would be happy to host if it's something people would be interested in! It's really fun when you get the hang of it, lots of the same skills involved as mafia

It has an advantage over mafia in that it would finish more quickly - we'd probably want to measure the phases in days instead of minutes if playing on a forum, but that's still only 6-15 days (depending on density of PRs) compared to the 3-4 weeks that mafia tends to last. So would be nice as a palate cleanser

ngl i tried 2r1b on mu a while back and it was profoundly confusing to me
but i suppose i'd be down for giving it another shot, esp if it's with people who i know rather than mostly strangers like it was that time

ah yes, if faction/win condition fuckery is on the menu, there's a small experimental setup that I have lying around which I believe I've mentioned -- it's literally titled Alignment Mafia. it'd run with just 9 players, so it should fit in perfectly in the middle of another game's lategame

Hey! If there is a queue, I'd love to reserve a spot for a game if that's okay :O

Though I'm not sure after which game this would come up

Now the question is... should I do Sharpshooter Island Mafia, or The Great Trainwreck of 2020 Mafia? Hmm...

Rusty Guillotine X is going in the scrap pile, but I'm using some ideas I had for a different game!

SeshasGame™️ IV
-17 players
-Role Madness (No Vanilla Townies or Mafia Goons)
-Moderately Bastard (All lies will be the direct result of roles)
-All win conditions are of the form "Ensure all non-members of your faction are dead" (No Jesters, Aliens, Mad Gods, etc.)

Rusty Guillotine X is going in the scrap pile, but I'm using some ideas I had for a different game!

SeshasGame™️ IV
-17 players
-Role Madness (No Vanilla Townies or Mafia Goons)
-Moderately Bastard (All lies will be the direct result of roles)
-All win conditions are of the form "Ensure all non-members of your faction are dead" (No Jesters, Aliens, Mad Gods, etc.)
(off-site terminology: in this case, Bastard in a Mafia game means that it contains mechanics that subvert expectations in ways that may not be reasonably expected)

I think I'm ready for some more mafia now that snom mafia practically ended, so tag me if there's any other smallish mafia game ^^

around about the end of Cats Mafia I had a thought for another game concept and I told myself "wait until everyone else has run their first games, and then when some folks start running their second game, then I can think about doing it" and I just realized that in the ~3ish weeks since then, I have completely forgotten what that concept was going to be

in the meantime I have another concept: advertise as "bastard mafia" but it's really just a plain normal vanilla setup

or, now that I've said that publicly, advertise as "bastard mafia" but wifom and it actually is bastard mafia

or, now that I've said that publicly, advertise as "bastard mafia" but another layer of wifom and it actually really is just a plain normal vanilla setup

or, now that I've said that publicly....

advertise it as "mafia" but it's actually werewolf

highresrollsafe.jpg

Do you have to have any qualifications for hosting a game, or can you simply ask people if they want to join in the signup subforum? I've been working on an... interresting setup for a while now (I also ran it by people who have actually ran games before to check if it's balanced) and was thinking on posting a signup thread, if that's allowed.

Back
Top Bottom