• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Grimoire of Dragons

'K- Kupo pu kopu..' Sonja muttered to herself, shuffling about a bit. Her ears were stiff and ringing, and eyes clenched shut. The last thing she remembered was clinging to Thalia before a loud bang and-
'Thalia, Kupo?!' The Moogle screeched, opening her eyes and darting her vision about even before it had cleared. Before long, she looked up - the the sight of a towering Bangaa supporting her, apparently delegated her care, and Thalia's.
With a sigh, she picked herself up, tugging the Bangaa's armour slightly to pull herself with. She was left somewhat breathless, though - the cart was.. gone. A charred mess. She looked at her hands - they were covered in burns and splinters, as were her arms and sides. Her hearing was only just clearing, but she couldn't make out if anyone was saying anything yet - but it wasn't over. Hobbling over to Thalia, she put a hand on the Nu Mou's arm. Thalia herself was still out, and looking to be in just as bad shape.
'T- Thalia.. Kupo... I'm...... I should have done better, kupopo..'

Sonja felt awful - she should have known what happened in clans. Even still, her mission was to protect this girl, which she had already panicked and failed. Thalia wasn't meant for this type of thing.
Carefully, Sonja patted down her sides, checking for what was left - which is to say, not much. Besides her wounds, she had dropped her gun inside the cart before it exploded, by now it was just part of the heap. Her heart sunk and she pulled a pair of knives she still had on her from her pockets. One of them had blood on it, probably cutting through the pockets during the explosion and making her cringe a bit. Still, they were nothing substantial, and she could start to hear continued gunshots and screaming from the woods. She took a look around - the ground was littered with corpses, but by now that was the least of her worries. More important was their gear - yet, none had been carrying Fusilier arms, and at this range it was mostly axes and swords, various Melee implements.
She wasn't too picky - but most of these hunks of metal she couldn't even lift. Seeq preferred solid chunks of smashing goodness, and Humes could just downright handle more weight - but at least one blade on the ground caught her eye. It was oddly separated from most viable users, and the hilt itself felt slightly damp with blood.. a bit disturbing, really - but even if it took a bit of effort to lift, it was better than some throwing daggers.

(Oh dear gods my posts are terribad ;-; and short compared to everyone elses argh)

There was a loud and pained sounding squeal from Choco as the cart exploded, and the bird darted off, his now- free restraints dragging behind him. He didn't get far, though, since shards of wood seemed to be lodged in the back of his legs, and he collapsed in a heap on the path, weakly fluttering his wings and calling out in pain.

Kate darted out of the forest a moment after he started to call, her legs from the knee down rather bloody, and the rapier in her hand in a similar state. she kneeled down beside the bird, winching in pain but otherwise ignoring any wounds she may have, and cupped his head in her arms, cooing to him.

---

Thalia, meanwhile, was in a limp heap near the exploded cart, her robes singed and the book held tight to her chest, even if the girl was completely out of it. She had a long splinter of wood lodged into one of her long floppy ears, which wasn't bleeding, but must have been painful, and a few scratches on her face besides the burns, but the book in her arms was still completely pristine.

She stirred a bit as Sonja placed a hand on her arm, but only woke after the moogle girl had left.

"Ssss... That hurts...!" She hissed softly, looking for the pain's source, and, finding it was most of her body, slumped a bit. Then she noted the odd ringing in her ears. "What the..."

---

Breda waved a hand in Lucis' direction absently as he started to trek though the woods, bow held at his side now, the arrow away, but his body tense as if he was ready to load it again in an instant.

"If all's well, we can come back, 's fer sure."

---

At the forest's edge, just behind the large seeq that Cid had been aiming for before, a twig snapped. This was the only warning he would get of something approaching from behind, before a sharp knife plunged into his back and sent a sharp pulse of dark magic into his body, stopping his heart instantly. The massive creature fell forward, and the form of what had attacked him was now able to be seen.

A small, hunched figure under a long brown cloak stood there, a large kitchen knife held in it's outstretched hand, dripping blood, and a lantern swayed back and forth in the other. A long dolphin-like tail spread out behind it from under the robe, the smooth skin an odd pink tone. The figure's face was shrouded by a hood, but a pair of glowing yellow eyes could be seen.

The figure lowered it's knife-arm, and wiped it on the cloak. Then it spoke in a soft, childlike, and oddly feminine voice.

"Kar...ma."

The remaining three members of the opposing force cowarded at the sight before them, seeing their fellow comrades for hire die at the hands of this one clan. They were told the job would be easy, that the clan would be weak and unable to fight back. They were lied to and now all they could do is try not to gag at the sight and smell of the death before them.

"I'm not sticking around for this shit!"

One man turns and ashes into the woods to escape a similar fate as the others that fought. He was quickly followed by another, leaving the Seeq alone for a few moments. The Seeq started to turn when his body locked into place when a knife sliced through his back, filling him with a dark and deadly aura. His eyes widen as he left his life draining away from him at a rapid speed, his very soul feeling as if it was slipping away before his body could die. He slumped to the ground, the life drained from him.

----------------------------------------------

Ming left the forested area and returned to her clan after watching the two enemies running off in a mad flight for life. She figured the third would follow suit soon enough and would mark the end of the battle.

What she didn't expect was the should of the Seeq's large body slumping to the ground with a cloaked figure standing him hand him holding a familiar knife. Ming stopped in her tracks and stared at the creature, recognizing what it was and what it can do to a clan on it's own.

"Tonberry..."

She lifted her cloak a bit, speaking into the pin to the others to tell them to stay clear of the Tonberry.

"Do not engage. Repeat. Do not Engage."

Ming then moves slowly to her clan, keeping an eye on the monster. She studied it silently, looking for signs of threat and intent. All she could see was a Tonberry holding their knife and lantern with pink skin. Ming lowered her head a bit and spoke as calm as she could with a steady voice.

"Hello. We mean you no harm. We do not wish to fight you are kill you in any way. We are not a threat."

Hawkeye paused at a tree, turned her back toward it, and reloaded her gun while listening for any threats. The area around the cart was surprisingly quiet, but it didn't mean anything definitive. She stayed there a moment longer, then started back toward the path. One hand went to her abdomen in a futile attempt to keep the arrowhead from moving and slicing her organs, and with the other she kept her gun steady.

She avoided anywhere that the seeq's scent was too strong, which meant a longer route than otherwise. She didn't want to fall victim to any other traps he might have set; possibly he even had those "landmines" that tended to blow people's legs off, although those seemed rare.

Again, under the pretense of listening for danger, Hawkeye stopped to rest. It was a lot easier to decide that injuries didn't matter in the middle of battle, when her determination to win could pull her through anything so long as she didn't die. She still couldn't die, but now she felt the pain at its fullest. Her legs and abdomen burned, as did her shoulder, and it was worse every time she moved. It wasn't just the fire of pain, though: exhaustion was setting into her muscles, and she would have been perfectly fine with just lying down to rest a bit if it wasn't so pathetic. She leaned her back against a tree, though she didn't sit down. If she did, she might be unable - or unwilling - to stand again.

At least, from here, she could see the much brighter path through the trees, so she continued slightly faster than before. She emerged a ways in front of where the cart had been, and when she turned to look, she was startled to see that there was no cart at all. Instead, there were pieces of charred wood, with some larger pieces still burning slightly, and melted heaps of what may have been the clan's supplies. The people standing around the cart didn't look overly hurt, though.

She might have been more heartened if there weren't still-smoking seeq and bangaa bodies in her way. The smells of burnt hair, cooked meat, and charring mixed unpleasantly with blood and the explosive residue. She walked between two seeqs, and couldn't help but glance at the melted flesh and exposed bone.

Also, going by the smell, some of the dead bodies were starting to release feces and urine, as they could no longer hold it in.

She glanced at the leader, who was talking with a hooded creature, then returned her attention to the cart. "Is it over?" she asked, slowly making her way toward the main group.

-

"'If all's well'?" Lucis asked, mimicking his tone. "Are you trying to tempt fate?" As if on cue, they heard an explosion. She glanced in the direction the sound had come from. "Are we going to run now?"

"That was barely powerful enough to kill," Deus said, "unless someone was very close to the explosion. It wouldn't have a significant blast radius, and probably didn't even remove a limb. Might've just shattered some bones. Any clan healer could take care of that, if he wasn't already dead."

Gradivus groaned as he rose, thankfully growing just so his armor would awkwardly fit on, and he started to adjust it.

"Goddamn..." he muttered, now shaking his head and staggering a bit from the refresh. "Thanks, I guess."

Looking around with beady eyes, he noticed the Tonberry standing near them and took out his sword again. "This'll be really, really hard, won't it?"

---

Avan slowly walked back, arrows drawn again and blood splattered all over his clothes, as he took steady aim at the Tonberry. As he continued his retreat, he lightly bumped into Ming and gave a start, looking over at her.

"Permission to fire?"

((FFF so far behind after 2 days))

The Tonberry tilted it's head at Ming, glowing round eyes seeming to dim a bit, and took a step forward. The knife in it's hand was still held at it's side, but the grip it had on it indicated that it was ready and willing to use it. It stared right at Ming for a while, silent as the grave, and then slowly turned it's head to scan the area.

It stopped when it's globe-like yellow eyes fell on Avan and his arrow.

It let out a low kiss, like a cat, and raised the blade, a few smears of blood still staining the blade, and took another step forward, taking a battle stance.

(( :C this is such a badpost aaaa))

"Fu- No. No fire."

Ming slips from behind Avan and took a cautioned step forward, slipping her bow back over her shoulder and moving her hands away from her Rapier on her hip. She lowers her head a bit, taking another step forward.

"We are not going to fight you. As you can see, we haven't killed any monsters in this battle. Sure, we may have stirred some from sleep, but that is all...we are not a threat."

She then glances over her shoulder and motions for them to lower their weapons.

"Why are you this far in the boonies...don't you usually travel in the Range and mountains?"

-------------------------------------

"Ming...careful."

Roy shifts his stance, lowing her staff and moving closer to where Thalia and Sonja stood.

"Are you two alright...."

"This should be fine...but if they still feeling a little discomfort, I can cast cure on them."

Al smiles over to Thalia, then his gaze rested on the cannon using Moogle limping over. He spotted the arrow in her side and let out a pained sigh, walking over to her and kneeling next to her.

"That looks...well. The obvious. Hold still...Sonja, can I borrow one of your small knives. I can hear them clanging when you move. I need one quickly. Roy, when I get the knife, I need you to sanitize it with fire. Got that?"

"Yeah. Got it."

------------------------------------------

"That looks rather dangerous...so. You want us to lower our guard while this thing hold it's knife, ready to attack?! Are you nuts?"

Cid shifts his stance, a card hanging from his fingers as he studied the Tonberry before him. He glances over at the two that were encased in stone, noticing that the enchantment was slowly waring off.

"You two better not cause more trouble for us."

Hawkeye stopped with no small amount of relief. "You're using fire to prevent additional bleeding. Is that correct?" she asked, trying to fill in the words she didn't know through context. She knew that treating blades with heat was a common practise in surgery, but preventing disease could be done with liberal application of white magic. Still, she would very much prefer it if any blade slicing through her flesh didn't have the added horror of burning her insides, especially around her organs. It might have had something to do with the burnt bodies now just behind her.

She holstered her gun. Their actions implied the battle was largely over, even if they didn't say it. "There's another arrow stuck inside, ah, through this one, I think," she said, pointing at one of her deeper puncture wounds. "You should see the end of the broken shaft if you look closely, if it's the right one. There are probably splinters." She didn't want to sound as miserable as she felt, even though scent would make any attempt at hiding it useless, but the emotion was creeping into her voice. She glanced at the charred bodies behind her. An outstretched arm was only a few centimetres from her foot. "Should I lie down?"

Avan cautiously lowered his bow, placing it on his back again and replacing his arrow in his quiver as he carefully took a step back.

"Um, Miss Ryuu? May I ask why this cat-like monster is slowly walking toward me and hissing in a generally unfriendly way?"

---

Gradivus strode over to the petrified pair, ready to draw his sword and cut them in half if they started doing crap again. He didn't have his hilt on his sword so he didn't anger the Tonberry, but he was already pissed off from only getting to kill a few pigs.

"I've heard ssstoriesss about thisss one. Everything flowsss around in a circle... karma."

He gave a low growl at the Tonberry, half scared of it and half ready to fight tooth and claw with it as it walked.

Sonja held the sword up with a stiff, quivering arm. Monsters, now? This one in particular gave her the absolute creeps. Those glowing little eyes, robes covering everything but what looked like a domestic butchers knife, and the hissing, raspy voice..
Although she was relieved to be told to stand down, her arm strained against the weight of the blade to lower it slowly, and carefully. The last thing she wanted to do was startle it... but she could only guess this meant any other threats were not present.

She stood simply glaring at the robed monster - Ming seemed to know what to do about it, but she was so fixated she nearly leapt out of her skin when Al addressed her. Turning her head, she nearly fell over backwards - Hawkeye was back, only now looking like a pin cushion. It made her feel awful to see someone like that... or at very least, one of her own kind, it just struck home like that.
'Oh.. um... h- here, kupo, I think I have- I mean I should- here take what you need kupo' Sonja stuttered as she dug into her pockets, looking for whatever suitable blades she may have still had on her. The smaller knives were for more precise throws - although they weren't quite medical grade, they were sharp enough to do the job.

(fffuuu I really need to catch up now ;n; )

Lodrick was relieved to see Sonja and Thalia weren't dead, but as soon as that problem was out of the way another stalked its way into their little clearing.

Hisss....

The Bangaa stepped back and a hand flew to the barrel of his cannon, but before he could swing it over his shoulder he heard Ming's instructions to not attack the Tonberry. "Hurrm..." He grumbled at the creature. "Ain't none o' us bothered anything 'n these woods that shouldn't be bothered," he tried to reason with it, but he suspected it wasn't entirely fluent in the common language. "Prettyboy over there couldn't hurt a fly with that pointy stick he's got aimed at you... err."

--

Luroa finally calmed down and closed her eyes. She and her rider were surrounded by a white glow, and as it dissipated the pair felt their pain ebb away a bit. "Kweh," the white Chocobo wheezed.

"Chococure? Kupo, that's some unusual initative for you, Luroa." Abelat tugged her reigns and with a little difficulty she got back on her feet. The moogle looked down and realized both hands were on his reigns... Shouldn't something be in his other hand? "Kupo! My sword!" Abelat looked around in a panic, unable to locate his blade. "One of those nasty blue pigs must have filched it," he growled. "Their corpses are so... disgusting, though. I guess we'll have to settle for your beak for a while, Luroa."

The Chocobo rolled her eyes. She was already more involved in fights than she wanted to be. In the corner of her eye she spotted a monster still standing, and with a wark she whirled around and ruffled her feathers at it.

"What is it, kupo?" Abelat asked, following his Chocobo's line of vision and spotting the creature. "Yikes! A Tonberry! Out here?" He held Luroa's reins firmly. "Don't touch it yet... This could get very nasty, very fast."

Al took the small dagger and thanked her, holding it up for Roy to heat the tip until it was at the right temp for the needed purpose. He gently laid the Moogle down, away from the burnt corpse as he could, and started at his work. He clicked his tongue a bit as he had to tear a section of her clothing to make the area viable and more accessible for the knife.

As an after thought, he slips one of his hands into one of his many hidden pockets and produces a thick root of sorts, slipping its side into the moogle's mouth.

"Bite down on this."

He then begun the operation by cutting the first incision in her side to remove the arrow that was sticking out of her side. Placing the easily seen arrow, he then started his careful search for the arrow head and splintered shaft. He carefully pulled the visible splinters, tossing them aside and using a mild cure to heal the area. After about 10 minutes of careful searching and removal of the arrow head. He then used his staff and casts Curaga on her body to seal up her wounds.

"Alright. The arrows are out...but I apologize if there are still splinters in you. Your body's immune system will deal with any small splinters on it's own. Either by destroying it, or pushing it from your body at some point."

He then smiles and waves his staff over the moogle, casting a combination of Esuna and Refresh.

"But since we do not have the time to chance a infection right now, this should deal with the splinters and any infection that may have occurred."

Then as another after thought, he chuckled and cast Raise on her. For good measure.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ming continued to approach the Tonberry, lowering her voice to a whisper so to not spook the monster and cause it to attack. She glances over her shoulder at her clan and the bodies on the ground, noting that Al was fussing over the cannon user Moogle. She clicks her tongue a bit and returned her gaze to the Tonberry.

"We mean no harm...so we'll be on our way..."

---------------------------------

Roy kneels next to what was once the cart, lifting some of the blacked boards to see what may have survived. He sighed and tossed the charred board, getting back to his feet.

"The cart is toast and everything is gone. Ming, hurry up with your tea break with the Tonberry so we can get to our warehouse...we do need food and our heap o' weapons over there."

"You don't even use weapons, Pup."

"Shut it Cid."

Last edited:
Avan gave a low hiss, have tempted to take out his arrow and send an arrow straight through the Tonberry's head.

"Mrs. Ryuu, is it really advisable to get so close?"

---

Gradivus looked over at the heap where the cart used to stand, prodding the remains with his foot.

"...Wouldn't it be sssmarter to coat a cart with anti-magic materialsss?"

The Tonberry wiggled the knife a bit and shuffled it's feet on the ground, eyes downcast a bit, and looked almost....sad, and lost. The long, dolphin-like tail behind it slapped on the ground dully. It watched Ming look over at the others, and then look back and speak.

"We mean no harm...so we'll be on our way..."

The Tonberry perked up a bit.

"Me...too?" It asked, looking up at the Viera.

---

Thalia whimpered in pain as she stared at the long shard of wood jammed through her long floppy ear like some sort of grotesque piercing. She touched it warily with a finger, and winced as it moved, drawing her hand away. What was she going to do...?

She looked around at the carnage and smoking ground, whimpering. This was scary...now she wasn't so sure she was ready for this. She whimpered a bit.

"...You...too?"

Ming stared at the Tonberry before her, realization slowly dawning on her with the importance of the monster's statement. She looked a little uneasy, and stopped walking slowly toward the Tonberry.

She just walked normal toward it as if it was another race and not a monster.

"You want to come with us...that could be dangerous if you decide to try to kill one of us. We are a Clan, and we will be in situations where we'll have to kill other monsters. Be it because they were attacking a town, about to eat someone, or we need food. We will be fighting a long and hard battle to complete our mission against other clans...I'll need to trust you to not attack my members...more so, our Hunter that isn't with us at the moment."

Ming then leans down a bit, now closer to the Tonberry, and slips a cruel knife out of her boot. She lowers her voice and switches her language to a more...unknown dialect of the other races.

~I need to trust you won't hurt them for whatever Karma we may have gotten. If you can do that, then I'll let you follow us.~

--------------------------------------------

Al continues to kneel next to Hawkeye, glancing over to where Ming was and noticed that she was walking closer to the Monster. He squirmed a bit and looks away, not wanting to see the moment the Tonberry tries to plunge her knife into her. He shivers a bit and looks at the rest of the Clan, seeing that most looked fine, a few scratches but nothing fatal. He then noticed Thalia with a wooden earring.

"Thalia...um...please, you can come over here...and I'll...remove it for you...."

-----------------------------------------

"....Is She walking closer to the monster as if..."

"She's another Veira or something...yeah, that's what she's doing Pup"

Roy runs his finger through his hair, knocking off his floppy hat and revealing short black hair and dark black eyes. He hisses under his breath and picks hi hat back up, pulling it back on his head.

"Stupid hat...falling off..."

Cid sighs, still holding a card in his fingers and watching Ming's back. He noted the male Veira drawing his bow again, keeping a trained eye on Ming as well.

"Not a bad idea...but don't slip, Veira. Ming seems to have calmed the Tonberry...so far."

Hawkeye followed Al away from the bodies, legs burning with every step. Without the cart, the surgery would have to be out in the open. She understood this, but in her state, she didn't fully appreciate all of the implications.

Although she tried not to need his help, Hawkeye allowed Al to help her lie down - without him, she probably would have dropped abruptly onto the floor. She moved her legs so they could be as comfortable as possible, given the circumstances.

Al slipped his hand into a pocket and pulled out a thick root. Hawkeye looked at it, not recognising the plant. She trusted he knew what he was doing, though, so when he held it to her mouth, and said "Bit down on this," she obeyed.

The root was thick and chewy, soft on the outside but with a firm middle. It didn't burst or release bitter fluid into her mouth, and she moved her eyes to see his face. His expression told her nothing, nor did the smell. But, she realised with a sinking feeling, there was no sensation of her mouth or body becoming numb, or of her consciousness slipping away.

Apparently this healer didn't carry anaesthetics on him.

She hadn't expected to be conscious throughout the whole thing. She bit down on the root harder, but now it felt like it was choking her.

There were problems with operating on a conscious patient beyond causing them pain, of course. They revealed themselves almost immediately, when Al made the first incision.

The tip of a throwing knife was always sharp, so it easily cut deep into her flesh. Immediately Hawkeye was shying away from it, trying to pull down, flattening herself, every muscle tensing until it hurt. She grabbed two fistfulls of dirt, squeezing them almost as hard as her teeth were clenching on the root.

That was only the beginning. She felt a tug, then a slow tearing, like a dull knife dragging across her flesh, but inside her body and burning. A long, high-pitched squeal ripped from Hawkeye's throat, and tears started spilling down the side of her face, squeezed out by the muscles pulling her eyelids tightly shut.

A few globs of blood and flesh clung to the arrowhead, and more still leapt out after it. Vile fluid spilled from her gut and mixed with the blood. Hawkeye smelled something awful, and she almost retched.

The fluid, containing the living poison that caused infection, was the reason gut wounds were the worst without magic help. Everything else killed faster. But that was only important to those watching. For Hawkeye, the only thing important (the only thing that existed) right now was the pain.

Hawkeye was left gasping and coughing and choking on the root, eyes tearing up against her will. But it wasn't over.

Though careful, Al was relentless, and he ignored her discomfort and pain as easily as he ignored the weight of the air. He cut more clothing, and made small cuts where necessary to pull out the splinters. The hot, sharp stings didn't matter, not when she could barely breathe. There was a moment of almost-relief, a slight numbing that only emphasised the burn in her legs and the rest of her abdomen, but even so it was filled mostly with fearful anticipation. She knew, almost, what was coming next, like it was just like before but had to be worse.

But it took still longer, because it could not be seen through the flesh and blood. Careful cuts and prodding to find the arrowhead elicited whimpers, and Hawkeye flinched with every touch. Then, finally, among the gut fluid and blood, Al found the arrowhead. A few tugs failed to budge the arrowhead, except for a few muscle spasms Hawkeye had no control over. So Al cut.

It was around there that Hawkeye finally passed out.

-

Deus stared hard at the small group of dreamhares and yellow chocobos eating plants, a ways in front of the travelling triad.

"I think they're hostile," he said, pulling out a bow and unfastening the lid to his quiver.

Lucis gave him an incredulous look. "Really," she said.

Deus drew, notched, and loosed the arrow. It struck a dreamhare in the side, and she immediately let out a squeal of pain. The rest of the dreamhares, and even the chocobos, turned their heads toward Deus. Their body language shifted, becoming more hostile. "Yes," he said.

"What a shame." Lucis drew her sword. "Now we'll have to kill them."

-

Hawkeye awoke with an unpleasant, dizzying jolt, and for a moment she thought she was still being burned and stabbed until she realised the pain was nothing but a memory and a residual ache. Even the pain in her legs were gone. Weakly, she opened her eyes, and struggled to sit up.

"Is it... over?" she asked, voice quiet and hesitant. She would rather not be awake if it wasn't.

Avan noticed Al offering to help out Thalia, and despite the circumstances, he managed to wave around for Al's attention to give him a firm thumbs up, and mouthing 'Your on the right track, just don't screw up!'. He looked back at the Tonberry, giving a good natured smile.

"Sorry for trying to shoot you earlier, good fellow, you can never be too careful around hostile enemies. Especially the user of Karma."

Giving a loud laugh due to sheer exhilaration from battle, Avan sat down and stared at the new member in interest. He had never been around Tonberry's long enough to see them up close.

--

Gradivus sighed at the lack of hostility from the Tonberry, and spotted Thalia with a shard of wood in her ear. "If you don't squirm too much, I can rip it out of you without tearing your ear off. Only if you don't squirm."

Giving another deep chuckle now that the battle was over, he looked over at the blood and guts around Hawkeye, narrowing his small eyes. "You alright there sniper?"

Avan noticed Al offering to help out Thalia, and despite the circumstances, he managed to wave around for Al's attention to give him a firm thumbs up, and mouthing 'Your on the right track, just don't screw up!'. He looked back at the Tonberry, giving a good natured smile.

"Sorry for trying to shoot you earlier, good fellow, you can never be too careful around hostile enemies. Especially the user of Karma."

Giving a loud laugh due to sheer exhilaration from battle, Avan sat down and stared at the new member in interest. He had never been around Tonberry's long enough to see them up close.

--

Gradivus sighed at the lack of hostility from the Tonberry, and spotted Thalia with a shard of wood in her ear. "If you don't squirm too much, I can rip it out of you without tearing your ear off. Only if you don't squirm."

Giving another deep chuckle now that the battle was over, he looked over at the blood and guts around Hawkeye, narrowing his small eyes. "You alright there sniper?"

Abelat's attention was quickly taken from the pink Tonberry by the pained keens Hawkeye was making from behind the group. He looked over his shoulder and watched with grim fascination as the Nu Mou operated on the Moogle. It certainly looked as painful as it sounded. It occurred to Abelat that perhaps Luroa's own wounds weren't patched up perfectly by her Choco-cure, and the Moogle directed her over to Al. Seeing Al gesture towards Thalia, who had a bit of her own foreign object removal to go through, he decided to wait his turn.

Lodrick, meanwhile, continued to eye the Tonberry warily. This one was pink, and the Bangaa had just realized this might be of some significance. Frozen half-cocked where he stood, the wheels in the his head turned. He had heard tales of terrible purple Tonberries with crowns, leading other hordes of Tonberries... Pink was sort of close to purple, he thought. What made this Tonberry stand out from the others?

"Me...too?"

Thoughts for things besides vengeance, it seemed to Lodrick. He'd never hard of a peaceful exchange between a Tonberry and anything else besides another Tonberry. This creature was remarkably different.

Lodrick finally removed his tensed hand from the barrel of his cannon. He found himself with the strong feeling that his particular Tonberry wouldn't be a threat to his comrades. He glanced over his shoulder to see how the others were doing and saw that little Al was working diligently to tend to the other clan members' wounds. He made his way over to the little circle in a few large steps and dug a light blue shell from his ammo supply. "Hey, could you use one 'a these? It has some Potion inside." The Bangaa was pretty sure that with enough effort he could crack the shells open without having to bother shooting it at point-blank. He peeked at his ammo again, and shifting some of the shells around he added, "I have 'n ether shell if you'd like that better, but it's my last one."

(posting for the sake of posting I guess. It pains me to see this thread inactive :'<)

Last edited:
Al glanced down at Hawkeye and gave her a bit of a smile, nodding his head a bit.

"Yes. You are done now. I'm sorry about the pain, but I'm not quite skilled enough to make such things painless yet. But I'm working on it..."

He glances over at the remains of the cart and sighs deeply.

"All the pain killers were in there...even our ammo and weapons we carried. We need to be smart with out remaining supplies until we reach Comoa. We have a storage there with our supplies. Ming is going to have a heyday replacing the weapons at the market..."

Al then looked up at Lodrick and takes the shell, bowing his head bit.

"Thank you greatly...and please, keep the either shell...we may need later."

Back
Top Bottom