• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ground Zero Mosque

I'm Jewish! : )

Fuck Israel.

Honestly, I don't have any sources or evidence or whatever to back up my claims at the moment, but the Floatilla was carrying food and crap, and was attacked by the Israeli navy or something.
I mean, we all know that, but me being Jewish and all should make that have more of an impact. Because, you know, I'm Jewish. And that makes a difference.

Also, I take offence at the word 'Jew', just so you know. : )

What happened to you being a converted atheist who used to be Christian? Now you're Jewish?

Again, click linky link.

Absolutely. There's nothing wrong with beating the IDF with metal rods or anything. Nothing.

The flotilla was attacked by the IDF in international waters. If this were any other country they would be condemned the world over. But no, it's Israel! Poor, persecuted Israel. :(

Also, to avoid thread derailment, I will defer the Flotilla to here.

Forgive me if I don't take this site at face value; all the sites it lists as having "truthful information" appear to be pro-Israel. That's not unbiased.

Last edited:
The flotilla was attacked by the IDF in international waters. If this were any other country they would be condemned the world over. But no, it's Israel! Poor, persecuted Israel. :(
...weren't they condemned the world over? I know all the Icelandic reports about it were basically "what the hell Israel".

...weren't they condemned the world over? I know all the Icelandic reports about it were basically "what the hell Israel".

Iceland doesn't count.

Yeah, the media was generally pretty critical, but it still wasn't nearly the reaction there'd be if, say, Iran did something similar.

Hm, I beg to differ, seeing as Iran has nukes and nobody cares. They were pretty dang critical here in America.

Hm, I beg to differ, seeing as Iran has nukes and nobody cares.

Iran has nukes? Since when? All they have are nuclear reactors. That doesn't mean they have nukes. Saddam didn't have nukes.

They were pretty dang critical here in America.

Not...really...They were far more critical in Europe.

I have table salt, which contains sodium and chlorine. I HAVE DANGEROUS CHEMICALS which I can't actually separate very easily but that doesn't matter does it.

I have table salt, which contains sodium and chlorine. I HAVE DANGEROUS CHEMICALS which I can't actually separate very easily but that doesn't matter does it.

Melt + electrolysis? Though I suppose melting it would be a hassle. Anyway, you could just make sodium hydroxide, which is plenty dangerous.

Melt + electrolysis? Though I suppose melting it would be a hassle. Anyway, you could just make sodium hydroxide, which is plenty dangerous.

or hydrochloric acid

also melting NaCl is pretty easy, store it in something decently heatproof, add fire/energy source of choice and burn that shit. iirc NaCl's melting point isn't that high...ok, it is, 1074 K. I guess you'd have to use more than a regular home oven, but even then you could manage as it is below the melting point of shit like iron

seriously IRAN COULD HAVE NUKES

I COULD BUILD A BOMB AND BLOW UP THE BINNENHOF TOMORROW

WE COULD ALL DIE

who _gives a shit_... Iran won't nuke anybody anyway. They know that if they tried, they would get nuked to hell by the US, and whoever else has them at this point. Nobody is going to use them.

...I'm probably shouldn't run and grab supplies for that, should I?

you probably have them! all you need is a battery, some NaCl, some distilled water, two lengths of wire and two nails/other items that can function as electrodes.

I actually don't seem to have any wire, but out of curiosity, how destructive would the result be?

(also, how'd I derail this into "how to do dangerous things with household supplies"?)

I actually don't seem to have any wire, but out of curiosity, how destructive would the result be?

(also, how'd I derail this into "how to do dangerous things with household supplies"?)

Oh, it wouldn't be that bad. If you got it sufficiently concentrated (say, 1 or 2M) you could definitely cause damage by splashing it on people, but it would be more annoying than dangerous. I'm not sure what would happen if you drank it, though. I wouldn't advise it.

They have nuclear weapons grade uranium. And delivery systems.

er, so? Australia has something like 20% of the earth's uranium ore reserves, and we don't have any nukes. And most developed countries have delivery systems (like Australia).

Oh, it wouldn't be that bad. If you got it sufficiently concentrated (say, 1 or 2M) you could definitely cause damage by splashing it on people, but it would be more annoying than dangerous. I'm not sure what would happen if you drank it, though. I wouldn't advise it.

Drinking NaOH is a death sentence.

MSDS said:
Ingestion:
Corrosive! Swallowing may cause severe burns of mouth, throat, and stomach. Severe scarring of tissue and death may result. Symptoms may include bleeding, vomiting, diarrhea, fall in blood pressure. Damage may appears days after exposure.

Back
Top Bottom