• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

fun fact!

i talked to butterfree about hydrei and she said to vote them or ignore them
so, like, this is presumably what she's advising you to do wrt the external-context bad blood, not what she's advising you to do in a game capacity

that matters for me to clarify since, well, one's not supposed to consult with spectators wrt actual gameplay
butterfree's already been involved in this situation for some time tbf

i don't care about it really i think it's really fucking funny but i know other people have expressed annoyance with the grudge at this point

i'm- i talked to butterfree about... what?

i didn't ask butterfree for game thoughts! i didn't even know she cared about this game!

i literally just brought up "yo could you talk to hydrei about not interrupting the game by hating me"

no need to get defensive RNP, I don't think anyone's scolding you

they're just clarifying so other players who don't know the situation as well don't jump to conclusions and assume cheating took place
yeah, that's that on that

but anyways, that should be all from me for now; carry on

just caught up from this morning. a few things i feel like addressing:
  • tofu’s claim was really suspicious in the beginning considering how different it was from everyone else, but her later explanation is believeable enough for me to give her the benefit of doubt even though blu had all but laid it out before her, especially considering that i like her posts overall
  • my role has two abilities, one free-to-use, named after a non-existent pokémon move, and one costing badges, named after a real move. upon my death i give [number] badge to people of my choice. if i don’t give my choice by the end of the night, it rands.
    [*]i fully agree with bruh about the hydreiwagon. we’ve been on enough games with them to know that their behaviour isn’t alignment indicative.

classic longquote reply. this was an overwhelming endeavor
i don't particularly trust vm at the moment
vm has successfully regained my trust
i could see a zori/mr. Cool w/w
@Herbe what was the turnaround here? i'm assuming it was just that post that vm made casing ultracool? (in which case, what did you like about it?)
I think I like Ultracool/Zori wagons for toDay? at least for now, until/unless discussion arises to change my mind (it is still early in the phase). iirc they're at like 2/2? so I will keep my vote unplaced for the moment and I will place it to rebalance the wagons when they become unbalanced
strikes me as mildly weird talk about (p small) wagons; why were you this worried about keeping them balanced with over half of the day phase left ... ?
Come to think of it Tofu's role almost sounds like her coming up a role that fits her character (i.e. photographer takes snapshots of someone's role to copy it) rather than MF randing her a role and then trying to justify the flavor, but it'd be silly for me to scumread anyone whose role fits their chosen character too conveniently
agree. what other read do you have on tofu? (in particular, the way she claimed initially?)
Conclusion: Either it's not alignment indicative from Tofu, or they're an activated alien in which case we shouldn't be voting them anyways
don't think alien tbh, but i agree that it's not something i want to chase toDay
Bluwiikoon
might switch back later
don't particularly like their more recent posting
@Zori can you elaborate on this? i honestly think he's sounded more or less the same as every other game, haha. also -
I guess, to qualify one of the things that was constantly pinging me off about Blu is his making pockety-like posts towards people on the fringes of the discussion while not really actively participating in it
still rubs me the wrong way i say we put a watcher on tofu
@Mr. Ultracool Are you down for this? ^^
Hydrei what hints do you have, my friend? 😄
if these are prime examples of blu being shifty i don't really see it, that first post is like ... game-relevant, and the second is i guess pockety but also incredibly classic for him
I feel baaaad voting Zori because they believed my role claim and stuff, but I know yesterday I was thinking they stood out to me the most, and my other opinions haven't changed much overall. I might try to check in later before EOD and see if anything else has transpired, though.
@Tofu can you talk more about your reads on seshas and ultracool, i tried to read back but didn't really find anything you'd said in detail about seshas other than this from post 351
(also I kind of like that on the off chance Zori does drop 8 badges when killed, AND rnp isn't just trolling us, we could... activate his ability with the badges Zori drops, right (assuming they are sent to rnp)? Honestly this isn't a situation that even seems like it could realistically happen, but just sharing my train of thought)
ok you know what, Hydreigon25

give me any comments on what you think about anybody else and i'll take this vote off of you, you're not helping town at all by focusing on RNP due to your grudge from ooctvt
if zori/ultracool are w/w we've been waiting for a third wagon to arise and i think this is it
ftr i think this could be true even if they aren't both wolves
eh, fine. unvote
feels like he got pressured into moving away?
Regarding the business with Tofu's role PM... it seems a bit 🤔 that she only clarified the suspicious parts of her claim when Blu suggested what she might have meant by them, and then used the exact suggestion that he made. that could be just her having difficulty articulating it and him managing to figure it out... but it could also not. so, something to keep an eye on.
this is exactly where i'm at on the tofu thing, i think. it isn't damning but i also think it's distinctly possible she got caught in a stumble lol
her later explanation is believeable enough for me to give her the benefit of doubt even though blu had all but laid it out before her, especially considering that i like her posts overall
what do you like about her posting?

Ok, well. Thoughts then. I too have a badge cost action and a free action. My badge action is interesting if used right, I'll say that. I'd say it's medium priority but if we trust RNP then giving him our badges works too, as long as he's not killed. Tofu, I wouldn't advise using your ability/action on me, at least not toNight. As for the Hydreigon thing, I agree with BM. It's not worth it to vote them only for the grudge thing. I was thinking that they could have visited RNP and got that notif where RNP is mafia but it could just be due to reasons already mentioned which in that case I'd rather ignore.

In reply to zori I don't see anything inherently scummy with Blu, except his usual perkiness? But he hasn't been as much of a presence as rari and BM which we both agree on as towny, and Koko has been kind of inactive but that may or may not be alignment indicative. As for Mawile, maybe I would drop him down a little on my list. My positive view of him was partly due to having been in ooctvtq and reading his thoughts and ideas about the game which he shared here. Like, as I saw it, he was being pretty transparent

Also agree that Herbe has been acting a little secretive but it's still only day one, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...

rari / zori 96
ultracool / stryke 182
rnp / vm 190
ultracool / unvote 191
vm / ultracool 206
herbe / ultracool 228
herbe / zori 329
jack / ultracool 348
vm / zori 352
ysabel / zori 444

zori / kokorico 472
hydreigon / abstain 543
zori / blu 594
ultracool / zori 613
tofu / zori 614

mawile / zori 616
myuma / zori 626
blu / zori 637
mawile / hydreigon 638
rnp / hydreigon 644
negrek / abstain 654

herbe / hydreigon 655
myuma / unvote 663
herbe / unvote 666
mawile / zori
kokorico / zori 674
stryke / zori 678
zori (8): rari, vm, ysabel, ultracool, tofu, blu, mawile, koko, stryke
abstain (2): hydreigon, negrek
blu (1): zori
ultracool (1): jack
hydreigon (1): rnp

[sorry if there's already a vc somewhere/if this is wrong, i am not all here,]
i think it's a bit odd that nobody has presented any other possible candidates
is it? we're not that deep into the day
i kinda wanted to ask if anyone wanted to talk about anyone else but didn't want to derail lol
-m
now we really are that deep into the day and i hate to say it but i'm a little antsy about the landslide vote/i kinda don't know if i believe seshas is the move. i think i'm going to go on herbe, i'll move it onto something more impactful if it looks like this vote will be useless considering it's like 1.5hr to EoD lol (+ will be elaborating in a second)

@.bruh: i’m currently on mobile so i can’t give a real/detailed answer atm. as soon as i get back on desktop i promise i’ll elaborate on my tofuthoughts

i want to mention beforehand that i also find the fittingness of her role a bit 🤔, but i'm willing to allow myself to believe that mf happened to rand her a role she could delightfully fit into the trainer’s persona

Back
Top Bottom