• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II

I'm confused as for why we're spoiling harry potter, but okay. It was his sled!

Really, though, the movie was fantastic. I saw the midnight premier with my girlfriend and tears were everywhere. EVERYWHERE

4) It's been a while since I read the book so I don't remember if this was addressed there, but:
as they were breaking into Gringotts, Hermione was Polyjuiced into Bellatrix, they had Bellatrix's wand, and the goblins asked to see her wand for identification. So why didn't they just show them the wand? o_O

IIRC the real Bellatrix had gotten a new wand, so they would've known she was an imposter.

Also I fully agree with you on AVPM!Voldy versus movie!Voldy.

I managed not to lose it at Fred and Lupin and Tonks buuuuuut I started bawling at Snape in the Pensieve crying over Harry's mom.

(also related to AVPM, all I could think when Snape was dying was "MY WEINER!" It half-ruined it for me.)

Aaaaah more on AVPM:
Voldemort: ...I will kill every last man, woman, and child who tries to conceal you.
*silence*
My thoughts: You forgot "Voldemort out, b*tches."

But, um, more seriously, I enjoyed the movie. :D But my movie theatre ran out of HP 3D glasses so we didn't get to look awesome. :(

I saw it yesterday, and I have to say I was disappointed. I guess the battle scenes were OK, but they zipped past the first part of the movie so quickly that I was really put off. I was also displeased by the little things they changed from the books that could've been put into the movie. And, to top it all off, my parents wouldn't see it in 3-D, so some parts were less spectacular than they could have been.

All-in-all, one of my least favourites of the series, probably only better than the 6th one.

How could they 'skip over' the first part of the movie? That part had that whole other Part One movie devoted to it. If you mean the first part of the second half, then how much more time could they spend in the cottage or Gringotts? What changes did you not like?

In other news, I tried hard not to laugh when Voldemort hugged Draco. It must have been so uncomfortable for him, like hugging an unfriendly skeleton. I seem to be one of the people who does find Voldemort scary. This is a guy who didn't hesitate to try to kill a baby, after all. His 'HAHVADA KAHDAVARAH' to Harry was over-the-top, though.

I was kind of disappointed by the lack of the Scalding Charm or whatever on the Lestrange treasure, but they made up for it with the awesome multiplying effect. It wouldn't have worked well, I guess, what with the speed that the treasure multiplied in the movie.

They really should've renamed the film "McGonagall is a Total Badass and Harry and Voldemort do some stuff too". I saw it this evening and the entire cinema gave her a round of applause following "I've always wanted to do that spell". I must find a gif of that scene on Tumblr and watch it until my eyes hurt. She was totally my favourite character in the books, and I was annoyed that they cut quite a bit of her hilarious snark from the films, and the bit where she takes on four Death Eaters, so it was lovely to see her get her moment(s).

We also had a big collective LOL over them (presumably) forgetting to age-up Hermione in the epilogue bit.

oh man I was so annoyed that they cut McGonagall verbally destroying Umbridge out of Order of the Phoenix (and they even had her submitting to Umbridge slightly >:(((), I was very happy she got her due in this film. :3 Also: <3 Maggie Smith.

They really should've renamed the film "McGonagall is a Total Badass and Harry and Voldemort do some stuff too". I saw it this evening and the entire cinema gave her a round of applause following "I've always wanted to do that spell". I must find a gif of that scene on Tumblr and watch it until my eyes hurt. She was totally my favourite character in the books, and I was annoyed that they cut quite a bit of her hilarious snark from the films, and the bit where she takes on four Death Eaters, so it was lovely to see her get her moment(s).

We also had a big collective LOL over them (presumably) forgetting to age-up Hermione in the epilogue bit.

is this close enough?

OH MY GOSH
They did the Mrs. Weaseley (?) killing Bellatrix scene perfectly.
Well in my opinion anyways. And Snape dying made me have a sadface D:

Oh my god yes I want to take Maggie Smith (and Celia Imrie and Una Stubbs) and force her to be my grandmother <3333

Before the film started, I asked the people I went to the cinema with who their favourite HP character was, and aside from a vote for Sirius and one for Lockhart (oh Grabby), McGonagall won, hands down.

I'm a little sad my (possibly) favourite McGongall line/scene didn't make it into the film - '"Our Headmaster is taking a short break," said Professor McGonagall, pointing at the Snape-shaped hole in the window' - but I'm pleased with what we got.

(I also adore the one from Prisoner of Azkaban when they all get up from dinner and Trelawney freaks out, so McGongall says something to the effect of "I think we'll be okay, as long as there isn't a mad axeman outside, waiting to kill the first person to leave.")

And THANK YOU, RES <3

Before the film started, I asked the people I went to the cinema with who their favourite HP character was, and aside from a vote for Sirius and one for Lockhart (oh Grabby), McGonagall won, hands down.

Speaking of Lockhart, he [Kenneth Branagh] went to the school which both my parents taught at at around the same time that they were teaching there (though neither of them taught him directly).

Uhm, as for the actual film I went to see it on Friday at 10:45 and was really amazed by it to the point that in the IRC I had to insist on making people change their nicknames to Harry Potter characters. :(

I thought that the 19 years later part in this film was much better than in the book but I suppose that's because they skimmed over a lot of the names and... well, a considerable portion, which made the entire thing less cheesy. I did think the only person who actually looked any older was Draco Malfoy, though.

And serious hats off to
Helena Bonham Carter, who managed to make me completely believe she was Hermione impersonating Bellatrix rather than actually Bellatrix before and during the Gringotts breakout - I think that's the single most convincing actor-playing-other-character-impersonating-their-character I have ever seen

Holy shit lol. You know I never even really thought about it at the time because I was too engrossed in the movie but that /was/ Helena Bonham Carter doing that scene wasn't it. Jesus Christ it's so much better when you actually realize it was the same actress the whole time. xD (I mean obviously it was but you don't think about these things while watching the movie.)

Anyway I loved it <3 the theater I was in clapped quite a bit during the movie. I also teared up twice and then went into full-out sobbing during Snape's memories. It was so good <3

*SCREAMS* The kids were so fucking cute! Especially Albus Severus Potter! Well, actually, he was the only one.

Anyway I loved it <3 the theater I was in clapped quite a bit during the movie.

See, I'd never been to a cinema showing before where people had clapped ever. Well, one time people clapped at the end of a showing of, I think, Finding Nemo, and I was confused (were they clapping the guy at the back who was showing us the film?), because it's, as far as I'm aware, not really something that happens in the UK, which made McGongall's round of applause even more epic.

Helena Bonham Carter is quite possibly my favourite actress now. I actually had trouble deciding whether it was Emma Watson or HBC doing those scenes! I was like "but that's Hermione" and then "no but it's... aaaa". Good work, HBC. :D

McGonagall is just. I mean. :D Disappointed by lack of desks + chairs though. STILL I love her.

Also, the awkward moment when you get hugged by Lord Voldemort in front of the entire wizarding world. <3333 Also Neville wasn't badass enough but still was awesome.

Haven't watched this, but someone posted a GIF of Malfoy getting hugged by Voldemort along with a funny caption and I couldn't stop laughing... ARGH WHERE DID I PUT THE LINK >(

I almost don't want to see this, just because Bellatrix dies. Good job me, miss out on a whole movie just because your favourite character dies, way to be petty.

4) It's been a while since I read the book so I don't remember if this was addressed there, but:
as they were breaking into Gringotts, Hermione was Polyjuiced into Bellatrix, they had Bellatrix's wand, and the goblins asked to see her wand for identification. So why didn't they just show them the wand? o_O

I thought that at the time as well, but if you think about it, Bellatrix would have told everyone that Harry et. al. had stolen her wand, and so they'd be on the lookout for anyone using it to impersonate her. Thus showing her wand off would be a surefire way of telling them that they weren't actually Bellatrix.

Back
Top Bottom