• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Everyone remembers the glitch in the first games where you fly from the safari zone and surf along the cinnabar coast, along with the underground glitch. In GSC they made sure this couldn't be exploited, but in FRLG they seemed to have fixed it, so my question is, will they keep it fixed for HGSS?
...it isn't like that's something intrinsic about the Safari Zone, you know. o_O It was a bug caused by very special circumstances specifically in Red and Blue. For one thing, they'd already fixed it by Yellow; for another, it's not as if either set of remakes uses the original game as a base. They didn't "fix" it in FireRed/LeafGreen; they just didn't introduce it (naturally, because it was a glitch). Even if they were actually inclined to want to deliberately reintroduce glitches as nostalgic easter eggs, what possible motive could they ever have to do so in HG/SS, when the original Gold and Silver did not even have the glitch and would not have had it even if they had had the Safari Zone? Yes, would not have had even if they had had the Safari Zone. Trust me, they did not remove the Safari Zone because "oh, no, otherwise people would be able to use the Cinnabar Island coast glitch!" As I said, they'd already fixed that by Yellow, besides that Kanto was completely remade in G/S/C.

I do think it's likely they will include the Safari Zone. As extraneous data from the game shows, they meant to include it in the original Gold and Silver to begin with, and I think it's reasonably likely that instead of adding something like the Sevii Islands, HG/SS will just flesh Kanto out properly.

Will both Legends be available in one game like previous games? And how about celebii? And the dogs, will it be easier to track them?
Why would they change the legendary availability? In Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl, the main legendary was caught in one specific plot-relevant location where they could not actually have both, but in Gold and Silver, Ho-oh and Lugia each had their own place. Having the Tin Tower in SoulSilver but no Ho-oh at the top would make it mighty pointless; same with the Whirl Islands in HeartGold.

Celebi (one i) will likely have its storyline lifted from Crystal, adapted to fourth-generation features; that is, there will be a Wi-Fi event giving you the GS Ball, and placing the GS Ball in the Ilex Forest shrine will give you a Celebi.

Raikou, Entei and Suicune may be tracked on something like the Marker Map from D/P/Pt, but you could also need the Pokédex area function. They could possibly be registered in your Pokédex when you awaken them in Burned Tower, but I personally think that would make it too easy. :/

Pokégear, Pokénav, or Pokétch?
Why on earth would they have a Pokénav? o_O That's neither the current standard of technology nor what they had in the originals.

I still think they'll probably stick to calling it the Pokégear and just make it appear on the bottom screen similar to how the Pokétch works in D/P/Pt.

Which brings me to the question of when they're going to fix the broken ass GTS system...
They probably can't change anything on the server side since HG/SS will use the same GTS as D/P/Pt. On the client side, they could probably fix some things, but I doubt it.

I like the fact that there is g/s remake, but, if it can't trade with dp at all, I'm gonna be upset. I wouldn't mind at all if there was even a challenge you needed to complete to trade with DP sorta like leaf green and fire red.
Why in the world would they make it incompatible with D/P/Pt? o_O The only reason G/S/C were incompatible with R/S/E is that they completely redid the Pokémon data system for the third generation and the fact the GBA doesn't use the link cable the way the Game Boy does; they literally couldn't allow trading between them. The migration system between the third and fourth generations was necessary because the DS can't use the GBA link cable and GBA games can't use the DS local wireless. HG/SS is on the same console as D/P/Pt, and pretty much the whole point of Pokémon is the whole "trade with your friends who have different games!" thing; why would they specifically go and make it incompatible?

Its ugly for one. The DS can produce some decent 3D, but the Pokemon games are just...ugh.
...do you have any idea how ridiculous the Pokémon games would look in "decent 3D"? The D/P/Pt overworld is made to essentially look like R/S/E with perspective and does a pretty good job of that. All I would fix is how the characters are still 2D sprites that get stretched depending on where they're located.

I don't see a problem with the names heart and soul. If anything, I hope they don't change the name soul in America, since people here get touchy on anything implying religion -_-

Also, the version exclusives will change. Two of Gold's exclusives, Mantine and Gligar, got a baby and an evolution, so it would be "unfair" to have them in Gold only. They'll probably continue the recent tradition of Misdreavus and Murkrow being exlusives instead, especially if locations change.

Also, I want Chikorita as my starter to make the game more challenging, and because it's my favorite. It would be nice if the movesets of Chikorita and Cyndaquil were changed a bit, since Totodile learns a bunch of useful, varied, level up moves.

Oh Butterfree, you're so knowledgeable. =D

Anyway, I just screamed and did a little jiggy liek a crazy man. Man, I can't wait for this to come out. OH GOD I'll BE COUNTING DOWN. Because, unlike most members here, I haven't played GSC! I'm tired of people saying, "Dayum, Gold and Silver are by far the best Pokemon games made," so I'll be the one gloating now!

Wait what?

Edit: Also, GoldSun/Silver Sea/Moon, amirite? It would of matched the legendaries better. What's system is this on?

hopefully theres a crystal remake
m starter is chikorita, i <3 meganium.
i have to look at exclusives do decide on the game i want

They're for the DS. Also, the names of the Pokémon games are not created to match the Pokémon that will be on the covers! Does Ho-oh look remotely golden to you? Lugia silver? "Heart" and "Soul" are there to strengthen the color (or rather, metal) names, not to represent Ho-oh and Lugia.

I've been expecting this ever since Johto starters in the 12th movie. But still, it's awesome. G/S/C is the only generation that I've never played. I'll probably choose Soul Silver and go with Cyndaquil, since I liked him the best out of the trio.

It also makes me think of a possible R/S/E remake in 5th Generation (Shining Ruby and Storm Sapphire? Dunno what name they could come up with), even though there doesn't seem to be as high of a demand for that, so it's less likely.

I'll probably get SoulSilver. I had Silver. It's only fair.

I didn't care much for any of the Johto starters, really. I'll probably get Cyndaquil. I like Quilava. Don't care for Typhlosion. I'll have an Everstone ready.

I sincerely doubt they'd go and remake R/S/E. It's only been four years since Emerald came out. This year will be Gold and Silver's tenth anniversary. R/S/E were modern games.

If it's all based off of a 10th anniversary, then Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be coming to the U.S. somewhere around June-July of 2010, That's just a prediction, so, unless you are getting the Japanese versions, you'll be waiting a while. :P

I'm probably getting both, Butterfree does bring well educated points, and it's great that someone is aware enough to cover every point we bring up.

But I'd hate to wait 'til my grad for the game, and therefore I hope it'll be out for March again. (Like Pt.)

Actually, they can over local wireless as well, if you have both. I've done it before, since I imported Diamond.

My problem with the D/P/Pt style is that I've already spent countless hours staring at it, and it'd be refreshing to have change like there was between R/S/E and FR/LG. Makes it seem like they've put a little more effort into it, too.

True, but as we've seen from the screen shot, thats not the case.

Shame the new female fails in appearance...

I for one get more and more excited the more they reveal. I want good pictures of the new Sugimori art... you know, like transparant and High Quality and stuff. I'll have to wait for that, though.

I don't think you guys should be so critical of the development. Just wait it out, and if you still find too many problems with it (and you can find problems with anything, really) then that's that.

Urgh, the new female trainer looks awful. Guess who will be playing transgender. But really, I wish they brought back Kris. Otherwise, I have no complaints so far. I think I'll be getting SoulSilver.

I'm not really sure why they ditched Kris either, but I think the new female trainer looks okay.

From the looks of it, your starter follows you all the way into Azalea town, so now we know it's not just to Mr. Pokemon's house and back! :D

Yay! But yeah, the removal of Kris is questionable...they did remodelling to Gold (Yoshi), but a whole new character? Doesn't work, and woo for Azaelea, though how'll Kurt work now? Hmmm....

Back
Top Bottom