• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Well, am I alone in thinking that "???" was my rival's name and actually naming him that? :x

I named him that too! Stupid 10 year old

I will most likely be picking Cyndaquil as my starter. As for my thoughts, I just hope Nintendo won't mess these games up. I've been looking forward to Gold and Silver remakes even before all these rumours!

I'm preordering Soulsilver when I get the chance to. And I'm going to go competitive at it's release.

EDIT: Forgot to post this: YAY for HGSS. I have hope again.

I'm not going to get the jap verson. I had a dream that I did last night~

edit:awesome
openingscreen.jpg

Got it off of serebii

Last edited:
I disagree, 2nd gen rules all.

(j/k, just wanted to go with the trend of where this was going.)

As for the actual topic stuff, I'm honestly not sure which I'm going to get first. I bought Silver first...so maybe I'll get all nostalgic. Just like how I got FireRed first, given Red was my first game of the series. But...well, I hate babbling, so *ends this post*

2nd > 3rd (not the plot, the region, really) > 4th > 1st.
... I take it you don't like the 1st gen? D: But... but... Yellow... ;_;

For me, it's 1st > 2nd > 4th > 3rd
However, for 3rd, FR/LG never went into that equation, only R/S/E, but if it did it'd be 1st > 3rd > 2nd > 4th I'm extremely fond of FR/LG, perhaps because FireRed was my first Pokemon game.

Wait, you like Hoenn for... Hoenn?! But all those water routes...! Gah, that's my least favorite part of the Pokemon games, the water routes, with the possible exception of level grinding. You know how many decently-long almost-entirely water routes R/B/Y/FR/LG had? Three, the one from Pallet to Cinnabar, the one from Cinnabar to Seafoam, and the one from Fuchsia to Seafoam (?). All of which are pretty much a strait line, near impossible to get lost on. And no, I'm not counting the Sevii Islands, because I'm drawing a blank right now. G/S/C's were pretty annoying, actually, but they were never nearly as grueling as Hoenn's. Sinnoh's wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the slow Surfing, but Platinum fixed that. I particularly hate the route(s) which circle Sootopolis, though.

Other than that, R/S/E's okay, but eh. Didn't tickle my fancy.

... I take it you don't like the 1st gen? D: But... but... Yellow... ;_;

For me, it's 1st > 2nd > 4th > 3rd
However, for 3rd, FR/LG never went into that equation, only R/S/E, but if it did it'd be 1st > 3rd > 2nd > 4th I'm extremely fond of FR/LG, perhaps because FireRed was my first Pokemon game.

Wait, you like Hoenn for... Hoenn?! But all those water routes...! Gah, that's my least favorite part of the Pokemon games, the water routes, with the possible exception of level grinding. You know how many decently-long almost-entirely water routes R/B/Y/FR/LG had? Three, the one from Pallet to Cinnabar, the one from Cinnabar to Seafoam, and the one from Fuchsia to Seafoam (?). All of which are pretty much a strait line, near impossible to get lost on. And no, I'm not counting the Sevii Islands, because I'm drawing a blank right now. G/S/C's were pretty annoying, actually, but they were never nearly as grueling as Hoenn's. Sinnoh's wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the slow Surfing, but Platinum fixed that. I particularly hate the route(s) which circle Sootopolis, though.

Other than that, R/S/E's okay, but eh. Didn't tickle my fancy.

Hoenn can't help itself from being a smaller island than Sinnoh. Maybe if Maxie had expanded the land mass though ...

Anyway, I didn't even know you could preorder HG/SS yet :o Even if it is the Japanese version. Also, to reply to the older discussion about whether they'd bring back the Safari Zone in Kanto, I think they may turn it into a Pal Park.

Hoenn can't help itself from being a smaller island than Sinnoh. Maybe if Maxie had expanded the land mass though ...
EVERYONE BUY SAPPHIRE
DOWN WITH TEAM AQUA
(or do I have that backwards?)

Anyways, yeah, I am a bit surprised you can already preorder. I guess it's only two months in advance, but still.

Serebii:

* Eusine from Crystal appears in the story based on the Legendary Beasts in a similar manner to Crystal
* The Level 1 Dialga, Palkia & Giratina know Metal Burst, Hydro Pump & Shadow Sneak respectively
* There are 9 new touch-screen based mini-games
* It is also said that Latios, Latias & Mewtwo are available within the game - Unconfirmed
* Confirmation of Lugia & Ho-Oh at Level 45
* Confirmation of Red Gyarados returning at Level 30

PokeBeach:

* You follow Entei, Suicune, and Raikou around Johto, just like in the original games. However, Eusine is stalking Suicune.

* Ho-Oh is in the Tin Tower and Lugia is in the Whirl Islands, both at Level 45.

* There is a new feature in the game called the "Pokeathelon," which is a mini-game feature that uses the stylus.

* The Pokemon Gyms have various traps.

* Red Gyarados appears in the Lake of Rage at Level 30.

* The Kimono Girls are part of the storyline and you meet them many times.

* Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina each learn moves they could not previously learn - Metal Burst, Hydro Pump, and Shadow Sneak (respectively).

* There are 9 mini-games. One of them could be the racing game I saw at the early premiere of the Arceus movie.

* Eusine, a character from Crystal, is in the game.

* Latios and Latias are in the games at Level 30.

* Mewtwo is in the game (Kanto confirmation if it turns out to be true?).

* Lugia and Ho-Oh have a "hidden ability."

Yeah. Um, anyway, discuss.

Shining Eevee said:
You follow Entei, Suicune, and Raikou around Johto, just like in the original games. However, Eusine is stalking Suicune.
This'll be cool; it will be kinda like them combining Crystal into these games.

Shining Eevee said:
Ho-Oh is in the Tin Tower and Lugia is in the Whirl Islands, both at Level 45.
Red Gyarados appears in the Lake of Rage at Level 30.
Well of course. It really wouldn't be Gold or Silver without them.

Shining Eevee said:
There is a new feature in the game called the "Pokeathelon," which is a mini-game feature that uses the stylus.
There are 9 mini-games. One of them could be the racing game I saw at the early premiere of the Arceus movie.
It'll be fun to actually have mini games accessible normally through the game, not just through WiFi (For those of us who don't want to bother using it).

Shining Eevee said:
The Pokemon Gyms have various traps
I hope this means that they're redoing most of the gyms. Half of the gyms in the original G/S didn't even have a puzzle (Violet City, Goldenrod, Azalea, Olivine), and the ones that did were incredibly easy. The only one I constantly have a hard time with is Mahogany's puzzle.

Shining Eevee said:
The Kimono Girls are part of the storyline and you meet them many times
Does this mean they're going to be slightly incorporating the anime into this game? The Kimono sisters in the anime, I believe, all were recurring characters (correct me if I'm wrong). This'll be pretty cool, especially if you can challenge them over and over again.

Shining Eevee said:
Latios and Latias are in the games at Level 30.
I hope you don't have to search all over Johto/Kanto for them. I just don't have the patience for that.

Shining Eevee said:
Mewtwo is in the game
YYYYYEEEESSSS!!!1!11!!1

Shining Eevee said:
(Kanto confirmation if it turns out to be true?).
I don't really get why people still aren't certain whether or not Kanto is going to be in the games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom