• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Yeah, it was already fairly obvious that Kanto would be in the games. It would be stupid to have Magnet Train tracks and a path going to Viridian City on the new map if Kanto wasn't in it.

Also hurray for Lati@s. They'll probably roam Kanto while the dogs roam Johto. I can finally get a new Latias and EV Train it RIGHT this time.

@Blaziking: You do realize I C+P'd that from PokeBeach, right? Hence the "PokeBeach:"? So I'd prefer it if you didn't talk down to me like I'm retarded.

* The Kimono Girls are part of the storyline and you meet them many times.

This looks interesting. I hope this goes well.

* Mewtwo is in the game (Kanto confirmation if it turns out to be true?).

Mewtwo could be in a completely different area in Johto. But if he is in Kanto, then consider my pants soiled.

@Blaziking: You do realize I C+P'd that from PokeBeach, right? Hence the "PokeBeach:"? So I'd prefer it if you didn't talk down to me like I'm retarded.

2z6icut.png

Who called who a retard?

Thanks for one upping my last post before your last update, lol.

Otherwise, the new announcements don't really excite me; they just seem like standard additions.

* You follow Entei, Suicune, and Raikou around Johto, just like in the original games. However, Eusine is stalking Suicune.

I've always wanted a Raikou. : )

* Ho-Oh is in the Tin Tower and Lugia is in the Whirl Islands, both at Level 45.

Yep. So they are. T.T

* The Pokemon Gyms have various traps.

Interesting. These new "traps" will surely be fun.

Red Gyarados appears in the Lake of Rage at Level 30.

SHINY! I can have a Shiny Gyarados! :love:

* The Kimono Girls are part of the storyline and you meet them many times.

Never heard of them. Or are they those Eevee evolution sisters? If so, how will they do Leafeon and Glaceon?

* Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina each learn moves they could not previously learn - Metal Burst, Hydro Pump, and Shadow Sneak (respectively).

I see a few implications. Firstly, Competitive Palkia will probably drop surf. Secondly, Dialga will become more well known for it's Stall ability. (For those who don't know, competitive Dialga is normally used as a mixed wall-breaker.)Thirdly, Giratina-O can now bypass it's low speed, meaning it might see an increase in usage.

* Latios and Latias are in the games at Level 30.

LATIAS! Can you get both, or just one? And is there some way (like the marking map) to track them down?

* Mewtwo is in the game (Kanto confirmation if it turns out to be true?).

Mewtwo? I don't want to know. Then again, I want to know. Let's wait and see...

* Lugia and Ho-Oh have a "hidden ability."

This one, I must see. : ) Imagine, Ho-oh with GOOD Flying STAB.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I somehow posted this looong post 3 times, and have removed the previous two. Thanks to Doctor Jimmy for teaching me how. If you see people harping on about a triple post, well, this is it.

Last edited:
Well, let's take a look at Serebii's picture of what Johto looks like on the Pokégear.

pokegear-johto.jpg

One thing- beasts are shown a la Marking Map.

Goldenrod looks a bit bigger, and you can see an area by Olivine which I assume to be the Battle Tower, obscured by clouds on the official map. The Lake of Rage also seems to be larger. You can also clearly see the new area by Cianwood, which seems to be connected by land. Even the edge of Mt. Silver is visible.

I see a few implications. Firstly, Competitive Palkia will probably drop surf. Secondly, Dialga will become more well known for it's Stall ability. (For those who don't know, competitive Dialga is normally used as a mixed wall-breaker.)Thirdly, Giratina-O can now bypass it's low speed, meaning it might see an increase in usage.
Eh, I wouldn't really know about the other two points, but I shouldn't think most people would replace Surf with Hydro Pump on their Palkia. Just as a general rule-of-thumb, people prefer Surf to Hydro Pump despite less attack power due to more accuracy. However, it varies with the person, though I still think Surf would be more likely to replace Hydro Pump were it the other way around.

Also, yeah, the forums have been screwy. Just earlier I had to fix a double post, and when I originally made it (it didn't show up at first) I'd also get a database error every time I tried to view my User CP. I don't know, but I think they were hand-and-hand.

I like the Kimono Girl part. On another site my username is "Kimono Girl Kristen", and my characters are named Kristen since it fits while my real name doesn't. Plus, they have Eeveelutions, my username here. The graphics in the screenshots on Serebii look awesome, too! These may be the best games EVER. The designers are going all out on it.

eee We're getting Eusine <333 *shot* All the other stuff is awesome too :3 By now, all the awesome new features and stuff we're getting is overwhelming. And yus. Mewtwo for some wins, yo.

HEY GUYS GUYS GUYS LOOK LOOK LOOOOOK

(I know I keep posting PokeBeach updates but seriously ;_;)

SCREENSHOTS! Gold looks epic from behind! Awesome-looking Red Gyarados sprite! Pikachu's new sprite looks hideous but I don't care! And epic new Sugimori art of Raikou, Suicune, and Entei (second column, far right; the other is old)!

... Oh, and even though they now have overworld sprites for all Pokemon, they still didn't change the Surfing sprite. Um, I guess I can see why, but...

I like the new Sugimori Art!

Garydos finally looks attached to the ground, and Pikachu is a bit chubbier, finally.

Back
Top Bottom