• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Well, Aipom and Piloswine have new evolutions that seems perfectly obtainable pre-elite four. They might just say "To heck with it" and throw in the sinnoh evolutions to them.

@Kabigon: What don't you understand? I thought I made myself pretty clear, though just saying "That didn't even make sense" doesn't help me explain. The only time you would say just that is when you don't take someone seriously in the first place and don't want them to be able to vouch for themselves. Besides, that discussion is old and was merely speculation.

Whoops, put that that didn't make sense in the wrong place. It was meant to go after Yoshi's post.

But seriously, after showing that they will edit a Pokedex to make a game better, I though it would be sort of pseudo obvious that they would HAVE to change the Pokedex for it to make sense.

They got off scot free with not putting the Breeding Center in Kanto in Fire Red and Leaf Green because that's all they had to do to prevent it.

Since the center is encountered fairly early in Johto it would be next to impossible to try and do that.

Therefore, to make it easier, they would need to make the pre evolutions and possibly, the evolutions of the 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon available in the game from the start.

TAKE THAT EEVEE AND YOSHI!

>:D

:huh:

You do know that speculation is about a month or two old, right?

Anyways, this doesn't exactly mean that the new evolutions will be in. Is it possible? Yes. Likely? Probably. Confirmed? Not yet.

It could mean they are just switching some Pokemon around to have an dex order that makes a bit more sense. Do I want that? Not really, it would be nice to have a Gliscor or Mamoswine on my team.

EDIT: Oh wait, let me explain myself. See, if they aren't going to give you the National Pokedex first, then that means they could make it so that you can't trade with D/P/P until after you get it, like in Firered/Leafgreen. They could easily make none of the incenses aviable until after the National Dex, which by then you can have D/P pokemon and be able to trade them over as well.

Yeah but you could just skip that part by having a friend who has beaten HG/SS. Then you just trade the incense to that game then trade it to the unfinished HG/SS.

What I think they should do that would make the most sense is to have all the Pokemon that can evolve without the help of any special items (Aipom, Piloswine, Lickitung, etc.) and put those into the game, however have others that require items to get to their new forms (Togetic-Togekiss, Snorlax breeding Munchlax, etc.), they'll put the items into the game after the national dex.

Or, it's perfectly plausible that they're just changing around the order of the Pokedex.

What I think they should do that would make the most sense is to have all the Pokemon that can evolve without the help of any special items (Aipom, Piloswine, Lickitung, etc.) and put those into the game, however have others that require items to get to their new forms (Togetic-Togekiss, Snorlax breeding Munchlax, etc.), they'll put the items into the game after the national dex.

Or, it's perfectly plausible that they're just changing around the order of the Pokedex.
But what would be their reason to? Nintendo doesn't just do things just to do them, they always have a motive.

Technically they wouldn't have to do just without the items. It's not like they can't spread the items around a bit so people can get the newer evolutions. Take Platinum for example.

Technically they wouldn't have to do just without the items. It's not like they can't spread the items around a bit so people can get the newer evolutions. Take Platinum for example.

That's true, but if you look at Growlithe's and Lapras' new numbers, they only allow a few new slots to the Pokedex (5 new slots before Lapras). If you look at the original Johto Pokedex, before Lapras there were many Pokemon that got new evolutions, much more than five new evolutions.

I guess the best way to know will be to wait until it's released next month.

Next month? whoa. I hope these games have been in development a looong time; next month seems so soon, considering when they were announced.

Someone else mentioned this, but if the Pokewalker is brought over to the US, we should have some sort of "Pokemon walks for charity". We could even make it a TCoD meet - US TcoD, Europe TCoD (sucks to be you, Australia!). We just need to pick what to walk for.

Maybe Nintendo of America will pick up on this and hold an official "Pokewalk for charity" thing. Now everyone can come out as a Pokemon fan. You don't even need a Pokewalker. 8)

Next month? whoa. I hope these games have been in development a looong time; next month seems so soon, considering when they were announced.

Someone else mentioned this, but if the Pokewalker is brought over to the US, we should have some sort of "Pokemon walks for charity". We could even make it a TCoD meet - US TcoD, Europe TCoD (sucks to be you, Australia!). We just need to pick what to walk for.

Maybe Nintendo of America will pick up on this and hold an official "Pokewalk for charity" thing. Now everyone can come out as a Pokemon fan. You don't even need a Pokewalker. 8)
I would support this. :3

So random thought: Has anyone thought that maybe they're choosing to do all the WiFi events in Platinum now so that people would have Arceus by the time or shortly after HG/SS comes stateside?
After all, we hadn't had the in-game Darkrai event before, and because it'll likely come out next spring they're bound to do Shaymin next, so...

that probably made no sense at all *crawls back into her hole*

I'm really excited for this, considering I haven't played G/S/C much. :D
I'm going to get SoulSilver and pick Totodile, continuing my tradition of water starters~

Or, just throw the Pokewalker in the washing machine. It's much easier that way.

Although, a walk for charity does sound good.

Or, just throw the Pokewalker in the washing machine. It's much easier that way.

Although, a walk for charity does sound good.

We can't save the world/give Pokemon publicity with a washing machine (ok Rotom kinda counts with publicity, but e certainly didn't save the world on my Platinum >:[ )!

Plus I want to meet fellow TCoDers.

So random thought: Has anyone thought that maybe they're choosing to do all the WiFi events in Platinum now so that people would have Arceus by the time or shortly after HG/SS comes stateside?

Makes sense. I thought something similar; now that Platinum is out, Nintendo can have the highest amount of people who would benefit from those events, since some people just hold out for the third games or buy both the third and normal games.

After all, we hadn't had the in-game Darkrai event before, and because it'll likely come out next spring they're bound to do Shaymin next, so...

that probably made no sense at all *crawls back into her hole*

Yeah. Kinda thought it was strange they'd reveal Arceus the day after releasing Darkrai's event item, without even building any suspense. It was like "here's the damn Pokemon already, you'll find out what it does."

or you could go to TrsRockin and talk about it. :D

Most likely, Kanto's will remain closed and just continue to sit there I guess. Maybe the Warden moved to Johto. It was closed in GSC because he was off traveling after all. I'm excited because the Safari Zone may be where you can catch Pokemon like Houndour and Murkrow, 2nd Gen Pokemon that are only found in Kanto.

Ha, I never even bother with Apricorns. Maybe now I'll actually use them. Take that, Kurt!

Back
Top Bottom