• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

That proves us wrong about what space that was. Well, me, anyway. Actually, confirming that the Safari zone would be somewhere else and not telling us what the one in Kanto will be mkes me think it's more likely to be a new Pal Park equivalent.

Eh, I don't think there's really anything interesting about this update.

May I also say that the new Steelix sprite looks really bad ass. He is so going on my team now.

Last edited:
Oh, and don't know if it's completely true or not, or been mentioned before, but apparently they're coming out in Japan September 12th and Europe December 31st o_o. Probably fake though, since it's more likely to come out next year like they did with Platinum.

Also -
In The Games Department

Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Some further details have been revealed via a few clearer scans and as such, we have a few bits of more information;

* Kyogre & Groudon both dwell in a cave like Rayquaza and like Rayquaza, they are to be found at Level 50
* Apricorns have another use. As well as making the new PokéBalls, you can convert them into juice in order to boost your Pokémon's Pokéthlon stats
* Three new Pokéthlon events have been revealed;
o Break Block which has your Pokémon breaking blocks using their hand. This is controlled with the Touch Screen
o Change Relay, another race controlled on the Touch Screen. However, unlike Dash Hurdle, you only control one Pokémon at a time
o Push Circle is another match similar to RingOut Fight. However, you control all your Pokémon at once

That appears to be all from this month's CoroCoro. When more comes, I shall update it here. Click the link to go to the picture page which contains some new pictures from the scans

I think it's safe to say that Pokeathlon has completely taken over contests.

Oh, and don't know if it's completely true or not, or been mentioned before, but apparently they're coming out in Japan September 12th and Europe December 31st o_o. Probably fake though, since it's more likely to come out next year like they did with Platinum.

Also -

I think it's safe to say that Pokeathlon has completely taken over contests.
I think that's fine. Contests are becoming stale anyway.

What I love about this is your Partner Pokemon can be anything. I want Torterra as my partner now.

If only we can ride them.

We shall in due time >)

But in the meantime, I noticed this

It also shows that you can customise the areas within the Safari Zone. Moving areas for quicker access should you need it to allow for easy access to areas if you're looking for certain Pokémon.

Maybe we own the Safari zone? xD

^ Typhlosion don't like Mudkipz.

But then Meganium can come in and whoop some muddy kip butt. I've been thinking I've wanted a Cyndaquil in Heart Gold, but now I think I want to go with nostalgia and choose Chikorita. Last time, I chose Piplup on Platinum since I always wanted one, but now I miss having Torterra so yeah.

pokebeach.com said:
In one of the many interviews with Junichi Masuda before Pokemon Platinum's American release, he stated that the Pokemon game directors were trying to find subtle ways of showing players some of the hidden Pokemon mechanics within the games themselves, specifically referencing IVs and EVs. By default, it is difficult to learn their exact numbers without the use of an Action Replay, and many casual players do not even know that such mechanics exist.

In looking at the stat screens for Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina posted on the HeartGold and SoulSilver website, it appears that each stat is by default white, but that two are always either blue or red. Seeing as most Pokemon natures hinder or increase a certain stat (such as Modest, which lowers a Pokemon's Attack stat in battle and increases its Special Attack), one could conclude that the color-differences denote how a nature is affecting Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina's different stats. Most competitive players know how natures affect stats, but this is still a step in the direction of showing hidden Pokemon mechanics casual players may not know about.

If you look closely at the screenshots below, Dialga's stats are all white except for Attack, which is blue, and its Special Defense, which is red. Palkia's blue stat is its Defense, while its red stat is Special Defense. Giratina's blue stat is Speed and its red stat is Special Defense. Perhaps red is the hindered stat while the increased stat is blue (or vice-versa).

If this turns out to be true (this whole article's assumptions could be wrong!), what other changes could we see in HeartGold and SoulSilver that could help players learn about hidden mechanics and competitive players find out the values of such mechanics? Maybe there will be a way for the games to show a Pokemon's IVs and EVs as well. Thanks go to Yaminokame for pointing the color differences out!

How interesting/awesome. Also, it's been shown from artwork the Johto Battle Frontier looks almost the same as Platinum. Either
  • it's filler artwork, or
  • they're doing this to make it seem like ... uh ... well you know how they have shows in different places at the same time but with different people for continuity? I dunno, it's like a travelling themepark, circus to me.

But it's definitely to be able to connect with Platinum and Diamond and Pearl (battle tower).

Also, I kind of find it worth the lulz if you end up with big, tough Feraligatr, while your rival, who wants to be the toughest in the world, starts with cute little Chikorita and ends up with Meganium xD

But that's still Autumn down here, isn't it?

I'm kind of surprised that they released a trailer for the English version so early.

Yes~ If it comes out on the early end of spring, I can get it for my birthday~

I'm also surprised they revealed it so early. It hasn't been released in Japan yet.

Yes~ If it comes out on the early end of spring, I can get it for my birthday~

I'm also surprised they revealed it so early. It hasn't been released in Japan yet.
Probably because it was made earlier. Remember that screenshot of a Chikorita being traded from Johto? My hunch is as soon as Platinum was announced, work on HG/SS was started.

Back
Top Bottom