• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
We disagree with this effort because if it passes then countries where homosexual marriage is legal will feel discriminated against.'

I think you got it wrong. Shouldn't it be countries where homosexual marriage is illegal will feel discriminated against', because the way you worded it makes no sense whatsoever.

>50% of the world isn't Christian, let alone Roman Catholic! religion helps, certainly, but it can't seriously get away with something as immoral as this unless they don't tell anybody.

come to think of it, I've never heard that, and I doubt that most Catholics have either.

edit:
855c057a08f947b2c468ccbb2b75d859_0.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy Catholics said:
'We disagree with this effort because if it passes then countries where homosexual marriage is legal will feel discriminated against.'

The hell? If this effort worked, wouldn't that make homosexuality marriage legal in every country of the world, thus making their reason's fail? And enough religion bashing, it helps none. And might offend those of us (whoever they are) on the boards.

The hell? If this effort worked, wouldn't that make homosexuality marriage legal in every country of the world, thus making their reason's fail?

No, it would decriminalise homosexuality everywhere, so Iran et al. can stop executing people for being gay.

The hell? If this effort worked, wouldn't that make homosexuality marriage legal in every country of the world, thus making their reason's fail? And enough religion bashing, it helps none. And might offend those of us (whoever they are) on the boards.

we don't bash religion, we point out logical flaws with religion and people get offended because we're right

I think you got it wrong. Shouldn't it be countries where homosexual marriage is illegal will feel discriminated against', because the way you worded it makes no sense whatsoever.
No, that's the way it was worded on the article I read.
I don't know what the hell either, don't worry.

How is 'goddamn the pope's an evil bitch' bashing religion? I don't like the Catholic institution/business, but believing in (a) god(s) is fine and dandy by me.
but yeah pretty much what watershed said also :v

And enough religion bashing, it helps none. And might offend those of us (whoever they are) on the boards.

Religion sucks religion sucks religion sucks religion sucks WHOOPS I OFFENDED.

Then close the Goddamn Debating Hall down. We have topics of Homosexuality, Abortion, Evolution, and all that shit. People are going to get offended. Welcome to life. Opinions are going to conflict. If it's so offending, then defend your beliefs, don't be all "YOUR OFFENDING"

how the hell do they get away with that?
dunno, lol

money and blowjobs would be my first guess.

And enough religion bashing, it helps none. And might offend those of us (whoever they are) on the boards.
I'm offended when religious people say things like "gays are unnatural".

What do you say to that?

I'm sorry, but I shouldn't be expected to vote against my religious beliefs. This is America, where everyone is free to vote according to THEIR VALUES.

I'm sorry, but I shouldn't be expected to vote against my religious beliefs. This is America, where everyone is free to vote according to THEIR VALUES.

If America is the place "where everyone is free", why is it that homosexuals aren't free to get married?

By the way, people are free to vote according to their values in most democratic societies, not just America.

Fine, we won't expect you to vote against your religion. In return, we get to mock and humiliate you, and come out in droves to vote against your choice. ;D

Sarcasm is broken for now.

That's fucking idiotic. Voting is what the INDIVIDUAL wants, not what the community leaders want. The concept of voting is completely broken if an organization tells its followers to vote in a specific way. Is it about the individual? Nope, it's all about the organization gaining an unfair advantage over those voting for their own beliefs.

That's fucking idiotic. Voting is what the INDIVIDUAL wants, not what the community leaders want. The concept of voting is completely broken if an organization tells its followers to vote in a specific way. Is it about the individual? Nope, it's all about the organization gaining an unfair advantage over those voting for their own beliefs.

That's what I said, wasn't it? Each individual has the right to vote according to their personal beliefs.

each individual also has the right to adapt their beliefs when they have clearly been shown to be obsolete and redundant

All you've done is bash religion without anything to back up your foolish claims. 'Looks a lot like a pathetic attempt at trolling to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom