• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have whoever was married to me tell me if that happened, rather than cover it up and act like they're not.
The problem is they often don't realize they're gay and marry more because of social obligation or because they want to convince themselves they aren't gay.
Not everyone accepts themselves. It's getting easier nowadays because of the increasingly gay-friendly attitude but some people either don't understand or don't want to be 'fags'.

edit: You edited while I was typing this message so uh :V

It's wrong to marry just because of that (imo)
Of course it is, that's why those marriages are often unfullfilling for both of them.

Letting the other person think you love them
True, but sometimes they convince themselves the strong friendship they feel is love, because, as I stated before, they don't want to accept it or don't understand it.

The thing is, all too often a man doesn't realise that he's gay. He might think that what he feels is perfectly normal for all men or he might just be making the best of it. Only they know why they do what they do, at the end of the day.

The thing is, all too often a man doesn't realise that he's gay. He might think that what he feels is perfectly normal for all men or he might just be making the best of it. Only they know why they do what they do, at the end of the day.
There we go, much better worded than I could've.

Incidentally I have a friend whose father is gay. It was rather a shock to everyone, including his wife. They'd been married since just after they left school and they seemed happy. Nobody who knew him ever suspected, so I guess it was something he just realised one day.

It happens, you know.

That's pretty much what happened to two of my mum's friends. They'd been married for years, then suddenly both of them confessed to cheating on their wives with a guy, divorced and married their respective boyfriends.
The wives and kids were super cool about it though, thankfully.

I'm not too sure how my friend's family took it because she never, ever talks about it, but I think his wife took it fairly well. They're still friends, too. So I guess it wasn't all bad.

...except that my friend now has issues with older men and stuff but that's neither here nor there.

A lot of them really, truly do not know. Like I said before, they might just think what they're feeling is normal for a man to feel about a woman or they might just push through, thinking that they'll never find anyone better than Sharon or Katie or whatever.

Perhaps you can't stand lying to yourself but we're not talking about you, are we?

I personally think that gay couples should be gay if they want to; it doesn't affect me in any way. I don't understand why you would ever want to be gay, but I don't care that others are marrying people of the same gender.

I personally think that gay couples should be gay if they want to; it doesn't affect me in any way. I don't understand why you would ever want to be gay, but I don't care that others are marrying people of the same gender.

It's not a choice. :\

I don't think they should be forced to spend their lives with a person they only like as a friend when they're in love with someone else. It's not healthy and it's unfair on the both of the people they're seeing. And many people spend their lives in the closet and utterly refuse to acknowledge their homosexuality until it hits them in the face.

How would you go about abolishing sexuality.

I wouldn't. Society's too steadfast now for a change that big to ever happen. Which is a shame, it was a stupid idea/'discovery' in the first place.

Oh, okay. I'll just quit being gay/whatever so that I don't have to deal with daily crap anymore. Thanks for the tip. (:

Gay people don't choose to be gay. Did you choose to be straight? No, you didn't.

They don't choose? Why are they gay then? Actually, it kind of is my own choice to be straight.

gay_by_armyamy4.jpg
imhappyplz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom