• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't choose? Why are they gay then? Actually, it kind of is my own choice to be straight.

It's your choice to engage in sexual and romantic relations with the opposite sex, yes. It's not your choice to be attracted to them, though. People are b

My beliefs here:

Okay, I'm straight. I don't believe that homosexuality is how things were meant to be(duh). Though frankly, I don't care if people do it. That's their buisness, not mine, and I won't stop them.

I'm not going to explain the mechanics of sex.

As stated before, any number of people can have sex and enjoy it, regardless of gender.

Some couples won't make babies, but I still don't see your logic.
*digs through thread to find other post*

edit: here it is... the list of animals displaying homosexual behavior
every time you say "homosexuality's not natural," look at that list again.

Last edited:
I'm not going to explain the mechanics of sex.
Good! Because then you'd sound like you were implying that nature has some sort of conscious intent, which is clearly untrue. Unless you think the existence of gravity means objects are meant to fall down (duh) and therefore airplanes are "wrong" or whatever.

Why are they gay then? Actually, it kind of is my own choice to be straight.
They are gay because they were born like that?

And It's not really your it's not your choice, you just happen to be attracted to the opposite sex.

you can't just go out and say, "I'm going to switch and be attracted to women/men!" and actually be. You can say that, but you know you really aren't if you really aren't.

:x

The problem is they often don't realize they're gay and marry more because of social obligation or because they want to convince themselves they aren't gay.
My mom had a friend who was in this situation. The friend was married to a man and had a son, but then one day she suddenly came out of the closet and told everybody she was gay. :3 To make matters worse, her husband was /very/ homophobic and insulted her horribly and all that. So now my mom's friend (they don't see much of each other anymore, but :3) can't even see her own son because I guess her ex-husband doesn't want him to be around his "disgusting" mother. I think it's awful. :/ But if her ex-husband wasn't such an ass I might feel sorry for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom