• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Shiny Pokemon do you have?

How many Shinies do you have?

• 0-10

Votes: 204 87.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 31 or over

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
I have to go with the amazingly high number of 0 on this one... I've just never had the chance, or the time to go hunting shiny pokemon, I ran into one once I remember and I ko'ed it..... I had no idea it was special, I think it was a really weak one anyways.

I am very happy right now. Ask me why I'm happy. *Dr. Phil asks why I'm happy* Because I just captured three shiny Feebas and a shiny Larvitar! Oh yeah! I am feeling the love. That brings my shiny count to 7, excluding Rage Gyarados and the event Pichu.
Also, I was playing LeafGreen again when I discovered one of the girls at Trainer Tower had a green Espeon. I searched on Serebii to find that that particular Espeon is always shiny, but the shock value was enough to make me want to scream at the ungrateful little nugget for not respecting her green Espeon. It turns out that Trainer Tower also has a shiny Seaking. Woot.

Three Feebas? o.o Are they all legit? If so, would you be willing to trade me one? I can offer one of my own shinies if you'd like. The list is... here... somewhere...

I think my only shiny since my silver died a few years ago is my Machop in Leaf Green. It's completely legitimate my first one(owned anyway), He just showed up as I was making my way through victory road. I already have a machop but obviously, HELLO SHINY! lol. I named him 'The Rock' after Dewayne Johnson because it's brown on top of being fighting, so it made me think of him.

Only the one, Nidoran M. I was confused at first, because it was very similar to the color of Nidoran F, but it had the shape of Nidoran M, so I didn't know what to think. Needless to say, I had never encountered a shiny before and didn't know what to expect, or to even expect it at all.

Uh, so my cousin traded me a shiny level 100 teddiursa that was obviously hacked cause I was there when he did it. so, uh, i sorta have/had two not ounting red gyarados.

None. I am searching for a shiny Shinx, but stupid Bidoof are killing my chains. **** YOU BIDOOF! DAI!! *throws a chair*

Three Feebas? o.o Are they all legit? If so, would you be willing to trade me one? I can offer one of my own shinies if you'd like. The list is... here... somewhere...

Yeah I have to agree that does not sound legit to me, especially considering what it takes to encounter just ONE standard feebass! Although I got lucky in my sapphire, I did not even go through the process since I don't understand a bit of it. I just randomly fished the area and found one in a surprisingly short amount of time.

*throws a chair*

You did not say that! lol.
My apologizes for straying from the topic but I had a substitute math teacher in the eighth grade, an old man. He had temper issues he once thew a chair in class! NO JOKE!

Ok now the correct topic shall continue please.

Mewtwo's Amber said:
My apologizes for straying from the topic but I had a substitute math teacher in the eighth grade, an old man. He had temper issues he once thew a chair in class! NO JOKE!
My dad's old band teacher threw music stands. :D

I still have zero shinies, but maybe I don't play that much as you guys.

My dad's old band teacher threw music stands. :D

I still have zero shinies, but maybe I don't play that much as you guys.

Same here I only have the one mentioned in my first post here, I don't play quite as much as I once did since I am not a pokemon addict anymore. Usually I flip it on at school, sitting around at my aunt's place or like yesterday while waiting to get hair dye washed from my hair at the salon. Basically away from home. Otherwise I am usually preoccupied on my laptop.

Yeah I have to agree that does not sound legit to me, especially considering what it takes to encounter just ONE standard feebass! Although I got lucky in my sapphire, I did not even go through the process since I don't understand a bit of it. I just randomly fished the area and found one in a surprisingly short amount of time.

uh. the first one is the hardest part. they're all in the same square for some amount of time after that. and breeding.

I've caught a shiny Weedle (Crystal), Persian (FireRed), Golbat (FireRed), Magikarp (FireRed), and Wingull (Diamond.) However, I've restarted my games, so I no longer have them. The Persian was a bit special to me, since it was the first Kanto Pokémon I encountered after beating the Elite Four. I probably wouldn't have noticed it was shiny (a shiny Persian is just a tad bit lighter than a normal one), if I hadn't been paying attention to my game.

Also, my younger cousin caught a shiny Ponyta, which I'm tad bit jealous of.

1 legit, and that's Rage the Gyarados. But she doesn't count, so damn. 0.

Oh, and for everyone who's gone looking for a shiny with a Poke Radar and have had their chain ruining by ****ING BIDOOF, you are never alone.

I don't own a shiny Ditto, but I know someone who has, and though it was a while ago, I'm about 95% sure it transforms into the shiny version of whatever it's transforming into.

If someone's still interested in this, a normal ditto transformed into Raynor just now. And it became a shiny Nidorino, of course, because Raynor is shiny. So pretty much Ditto transforms into exactly what its opponent is, and whether or not it transforms into something shiny is dependent on the opponent and not the Ditto.

I have... five legit shinies right now? Scarlett the rage Gyarados (she's jolly! I plan on EV training her sometime), Bonnie the Gliscor, Hard Candy the Rampardos, Penstemmon the Spoink (for a team whose development I've put on the backburner for now), and Raynor the Nidorino.

The last four were bred and made by screwing with the RNG, of course, but that's still pretty legit :v

Last edited:
Same here I only have the one mentioned in my first post here, I don't play quite as much as I once did since I am not a pokemon addict anymore. Usually I flip it on at school, sitting around at my aunt's place or like yesterday while waiting to get hair dye washed from my hair at the salon. Basically away from home. Otherwise I am usually preoccupied on my laptop.
Yeah. I take my games out a lot during the summer, but hardly ever now that school started. All I have time for is Internet and fanfiction stuff. I wouldn't consider myself addicted either, but still a fan forever! And I'll probably become re-addicted with black and white.
1 legit, and that's Rage the Gyarados. But she doesn't count, so damn. 0.

Oh, and for everyone who's gone looking for a shiny with a Poke Radar and have had their chain ruining by ****ING BIDOOF, you are never alone.
Red Gyrados counts. It's the only one I'm probably ever going to get, so I sure hope it does!

If someone's still interested in this, a normal ditto transformed into Raynor just now. And it became a shiny Nidorino, of course, because Raynor is shiny. So pretty much Ditto transforms into exactly what its opponent is, and whether or not it transforms into something shiny is dependent on the opponent and not the Ditto.

I am not sure that is true in the classic Jhoto games; I have not played my Crystal for some time(my only living classic jhoto game as of today) but I believe ditto just becomes a pink version of your pokemon.

Yeah. I take my games out a lot during the summer, but hardly ever now that school started. All I have time for is Internet and fanfiction stuff. I wouldn't consider myself addicted either, but still a fan forever! And I'll probably become re-addicted with black and white.

Red Gyrados counts. It's the only one I'm probably ever going to get, so I sure hope it does!

I actually have not played at school but once, I have been having a preference to read my book during my free hour before class.

I personally do not count red Gyrados(one reason being I do not have it right now since my Silver died and my Crystal and Soul Silver are not there yet) but everyone has a different view. :)

I am not sure that is true in the classic Jhoto games; I have not played my Crystal for some time(my only living classic jhoto game as of today) but I believe ditto just becomes a pink version of your pokemon.

I think I remember it being that way too. It would've been a lot easier to program or whatever since the sprites still only had two colors besides black and white back then. :p

I think I remember it being that way too. It would've been a lot easier to program or whatever since the sprites still only had two colors besides black and white back then. :p

Right.
Now that you have mentioned this though I will sometime try it in my Leaf green with my shiny Machop. It should appear there as leaf green is a more upgraded game.

I'm assuming this is all legit shinies, right? In that case, of course excluding the Red Gyarados I caught in my 2nd gen handhelds and SoulSilver, I have a shiny Mightyena in Emerald, which, weirdly, I caught in just about the very beginning of the game as a Poochyena.

Back
Top Bottom