• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hunting

Re: Hunting.

LEAVE THE FOXES ALONE >_<

Foxes are vermin. They attack sheep, poultry, (in Australia, wildlife that is now endangered), they dig holes in fields and they're very, very loud. Have you heard a fox scream? They're not the plushy, goofy pictures on the internet. They're small, smelly and they're pests. They're not endangered.
Here people leave baits for them and shoot them if they're seen. Because they're vermin.

Geez, instead of shooting deer shoot foxes. If they become endangered over there then Christ, you can have some of ours. I'm against sport hunting but foxes need to be eradicated here.

My views have kind of changed a bit since I first made this thread, I think hunting if you're going to eat the thing and not waste it is good. Sport is kind of... eh I don't really like it.

They're small, smelly and they're pests.
I must agree.

I had to do a geography project that involved the spring bear hunt, and since then, my views on hunting changed a lot. Especially with how people fill a barrel with rotting meat, wait 'till a bear comes, and once it gets used to this food source, sets the dogs on it. The dogs then proceed to chase down the bear and rip it apart. Of course, it becomes a trophy to brag about. >> Not to mention that, though it's illegal to kill any cubs, the hounds will find a few and kill them once the parent is dead.

Er, and yeah. Hunting for food, I understand. Hunting for sport, god no. >> And hunting to control the population? It's necessary.

Hunting for sport is random and unneeded. Hunting for food is acceptable. Hunting to control population, depends on how serious.

They're not endangered.
Well, yeah: they're on every continent except Antarctica and they're one of the most common introduced species. :/ Mind you, they got all over the place by themselves, too.

Hunting for sport is random and unneeded. Hunting for food is acceptable. Hunting to control population, depends on how serious.

^ My beliefs exactly.

If overpopulation is a problem, then hunting is probably a necessary evil. But hunting for fun is awful. And don't ask how I feel if the people who kill animals to control populations happen to enjoy it. I don't know. XD

If these gits want to be "real men" but hunting, then I challenge them to be REAL MEN - no weaponary, no protection.

I don't get statements like this. Isn't the whole point of the human race that we survive by the use of tools? Asking a human to fight without weapons or protection is like asking a lion to hunt with its teeth pulled and claws filed down.

the [...] point of the human race
This phrase bothers me. :(

Hunting things to control overpopulation is cool by me; I don't see any point in hunting for sport but if you hunt things of which there are too many for sport, I don't care.

Hunting is good as long as it's for food, but if it's just for the killing it's evil :/ I am a hunter my self, I have no problem with killing wild animals, also hunting helps the species not overpopulate, if we did not hunt they would all starve and die D:( "They" is whatever is the popular hunting animal EX Deer/Elk)

rule number 10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

I object to hunting...

Unless out of necessity.

Period. Done. (Well, necessity can be stretched... like said earlier "If you're going to eat it...")

Valor said:
I dunno about you, opal, but I can wrestle a bear with no weapons at all.

Yeah, and lose, unless you're talking about a teddy bear.

rule number 10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

Oh yeah :3 the rules of satanism <3 do not hurt children either! but I do hunt for food so ha. also do not steal, you forgot about that.

Animals have rights too. ;D;

Animals have the right to eat lead. ;)

I'm an avid waterfowl and upland-game hunter, and have been one ever since I was old enough to obtain a license. It's fun, it's good food, and it helps with conservation.

Hunting keeps the population in check. There are only enough natural resources to feed and provide habitat for so many birds. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be shot than shoved out of my habitat and starved to death.

My family and I don't hunt for pure sport either. We ALWAYS either eat the birds, or give the meat away to friends who'd like it. I've always been a firm believer in how if you kill an animal, you've gotta use it (unless it's something like a crow, which is just disgusting, and is a nuisance).

My family and I don't hunt for pure sport either. We ALWAYS either eat the birds, or give the meat away to friends who'd like it. I've always been a firm believer in how if you kill an animal, you've gotta use it (unless it's something like a crow, which is just disgusting, and is a nuisance).

I kill animals for food, except when I don't like them, then I kill them and they die!

Back
Top Bottom