• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

I was thinking about making one of those generic wolf rps just for the hell of it. All one wolf pack, fighting against another.

I also had in mind a random roleplay in which you had to create a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu character and mess around with them. I still need to work out the details for either one.

I was thinking about making one of those generic wolf rps just for the hell of it. All one wolf pack, fighting against another.

I also had in mind a random roleplay in which you had to create a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu character and mess around with them. I still need to work out the details for either one.

I think the roleplay with the pure mary sues might turn out to be interesting if it can stay alive. We could see how much conflict just a few perfect people can create, even if they have no flaws... >:3

Generic wolf RP... With lots of rebellion within a single pack? Why not?

After (yet again) rereading old RPs, I'm getting back into the hype of another crossover RP. Mind you, I don't have an idea for a plot (not that I'm going to DM an RP ever again,) but who else would be open to fire up another crossover?

So I've actually been reading some old RPs too, and I've thought. Man, it is an awful shame that nothing lasts as long as it did before anymore (many of the older RPs have as much as 20 pages before dying. These newer ones don't even get past 7 if you're lucky... a lot of them, at least. And most I've joined don't even get past the sign up thread! Why is this a trend?) I was just thinking then of creating an RP based on this dream I had... one where people who are deemed "lower class" are turned into Pokémon and forced to work as slaves in an underground factory to try to escape. A basic premise. It might have some Pokémon Mystery Dungeonesqueness to it. But here's the catch. We try to make it last as long as possible and not let it die. I want to make an RP that can last a really long time, but I'd need help to make it truly outstanding. Of course, I could flesh out some more elaborate details later for you all if you'd like.

Also, @Lili, I'd be willing to get some of that wolf action.

EDIT: Adding to that, I suppose, I was thinking maybe this RP could have some sort of... post quota to keep up activity. Like it'd be... well, you get Experience Points for each Quality Post you make. I got this idea from a mafia game I was in. And Experience Points would allow your Pokémon to become more powerful, get more moves, evolve, and maybe at some point, if some people had enough, they'd even be able to take bits of the entire plot into their own hands. The details of this, I haven't really sorted out yet since the idea just came to me. But... yeah.

Last edited:
Arylett, seeing that post has made my day (granted, it's early in the day for me, but still.)

An RP like that would indeed be epic. I'd sign up in a heartbeat (and that Exp. Thing sounds good, too - we could gauge how good of improvements RPers make over time.)

Oooh, I like both Exo-Raikou and Arylett's plots. I'd join both, or I would read them like mad.

And I'm getting a plot set up on that generic wolf roleplay and maybe the Mary-Sue one, where hilarity and chaos would ensue.

Yes I like arylett's idea most invigorating I do say, wow that sounds weird hehe. I could be darumaka or larvesta, or smugleaf, aka snivy, obj the joy. But for once I won't be a houndoom I am in three rps as a houndoom already.

Ah, I'm glad to get a few positive responses! (And to make Exo-Raikou's short day, ahaha.) Especially about my weird EXP idea that just came to me... I'll get to work on it soon and have it up later.

First off, you folks should join my group for people who read old RPs.
After (yet again) rereading old RPs, I'm getting back into the hype of another crossover RP. Mind you, I don't have an idea for a plot (not that I'm going to DM an RP ever again,) but who else would be open to fire up another crossover?

A little recent, but I'm always up to the challenge. However, unless we reuse plot from the previous ones, we're going to need some serious innovation in this field. I kinda fudged the King of Fighters one. Seeing one take off would be nice for once. I am still going to my 'Concordant Crossroads' idea of a paradise between the worlds containing every imaginable resource, and the intrigues happening between the colonizers.

Besides that, I want a Pokemon RP with an underwater setting.

HEY GUYS

DREAMS OF THE PAST IV

HOW ABOUT IT

In more serious terms: It'd have to be after May 6, and I'm not sure how long it will last and how much I will change but I will try to keep it up! Go nostalgia~

Well, you know that I would sign up for it in a heartbeat. It's always nice to play a character as complex as Zrantox.

A sort of crossover-sandbox type setting? I'd sign up for that.
Well, it can't be 100% sandbox, because then it would be a bit too massive.
HEY GUYS

DREAMS OF THE PAST IV

HOW ABOUT IT

In more serious terms: It'd have to be after May 6, and I'm not sure how long it will last and how much I will change but I will try to keep it up! Go nostalgia~

Speaking of reading old RPs... I'd give it a shot. Maybe with a new character.

Hmm, another dreams of the past? But is there a continuation to be played out? Maybe we could do a sequel instead of a new version?

Well, then maybe not sandbox, but the colonies does sound good.

And I'm fine with a DotP sequel or remake. The question would be where we would pick up from if it were a sequel

Alright, I have a rough idea for the Mary-Sue roleplay. It could be a generic group of characters fighting against an evil queen who has a gigantic freaking army and they must destroy the army and whatnot. Oh, and chaos would ensue on side-plots of relationships, friendships, and other dramatic events. I just need a little bit more help figuring out the finer details.

That RP should have a totally random name. Like Colour. Or Super-Amazing Playdate... of Death.

Naw, but I could help with those "Finer Details." It seems like a nice RP that's straight-on.

Anyways, I'd like to start another RP that doesn't fail as quickly as my first. I have a million cheesy titles that have no relevance to generic plots I make up. I really need a more creative imagination. *chews gum*

Back
Top Bottom