• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

I got this idea from Higurashi arcs.

Different Perspectives. For example, let's use Sanctic, since it's doing well and not dying anytime soon.

We have the perspectives from the victims and what they go through. Why not have an RP that shows it from the enemy's point-of-view? Who knows? Your character may have been forced to be a crusader, or a certain incident caused them to be one. Then, they can show their side. For instance, the revolt.

"I was assuring myself that the little idiots were doing their job when a sudden revolt occurred. It seemed that an otter and a mass of vines were assaulting the fellow guards, so I ran over with my whip ready to help."

Of course, we have gone too far in Sanctic to begin this sort of thing. But I was thinking, if we did it with a totally new RP, they could run side-to-side with each other. Two different RP's that connect. The events would then correspond with each other. I'd say the only negative of this would be that those who aren't participating in both RP's would still have to check up with both RP's before they type a post. Of course, it could always be a rule that you have to sign up for the corresponding one if you want to join the other.

Just a thought.

Hmm? Ah, why didn't you tell me this in the first place? It sounds like a very interesting idea, although I wouldn't manage it because I have enough on my hands with Sanctic already. I'll admit I have been giving some of my Crusaders, who were SUPPOSED TO BE FACELESS VILLAINS, too much personality. I'd probably be perfect in it. (I'd use that steel-eyed woman because guraha, I love her. She has a name in my head. Yes, I've been giving all of the Crusaders names, my God, I can't stop.)

I don't think people should have to check both RPs though. The events that happen in the second one should be more like... bonus events, like, you don't have to read them to participate in Sanctic, but if you do, it's a nice bonus that extends your knowledge of the whole thing. And vice versa.

This idea occurred to me last night:

“Welcome to Eureka Academy!” The tall red headed man smiles to the mass of kids of all ages. “I am the Headmaster of this Magic Academy and I hope you enjoy yourselves!”

A round of applause erupts from the crowd in front of the stage. While this is going on, two teachers standing in the back start talking to each other.

“Ready for another year, Luka?” The curly haired blond asks the man in glasses beside her. The man adjusts his glasses and smiles.

“It will definitely be exciting. You have heard that all the Ancient Tomes are in the same place.”

The young woman smiles. “This will be the first time in over a hundred years.”

The man looks out around the crowd. “Yes. That means there will be someone trying to find them. With all that power, the unthinkable could happen,”
The two teachers look back to the crowd with fake smiles. Little did they know that someone was watching the school from the Shadows.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Magic is a very prevalent force in the world of Roluma. Eureka Academy boarding school exists to train the brightest of the magicians so they can achieve their goals. The power of magic is controlled by ‘Tomes’, Magic books with different spells, depending on the ‘Genre’ as it is referred to. The most powerful of them all are the ‘Ancient Tomes.’ These books are of the Twelve original Genres. Dark forces watch over the school in wait of a chance to gain the Ancient Tomes.

This RP would be mostly sand box and will have slots open for the owners of the Ancient Tomes, some villains and some of the schools’ faculty. I’m thinking of having a progressing system where, based on how active you are, more spells will open to you. I, as Headmaster and DM will assign the Ancient Tomes to the students who best fit the personality of them.

What do you think? I should mention that using Magic for fighting might happen quite often.

I think a post apocalypse RP would be fun, you can use guns and have pokemon partners. We can use an Lv system and money to upgrade and get stronger.

So would anyone be interested in Fallout meets pokemon style RP. I'll make it of people would join, unlike my RE.

Ok I got another idea, A&P: end of earth.
Basically The Flood(Halo 3), Necromorphs(Dead Space), and mabye Uroburos(RE5) have taken over Earth infecting almost all humans and animal life. Now the Aliens and Predators have to work together to eradicate these enemies from our Earth, in order to save themselves and the remaining humans.

Well, I do have reasons, as well as a desert setting, for Flygons to at least be the 'overlords' of the Pokemon side (It's what I've done the most 'research' on in terms of trying to make a physically and biologically viable situation). But that doesn't mean there can't be various Pokemon (and even humans) on either side.

BlackTitress: I would totally join that! It seems... very interesting :)

ShadowtheHoundoom: Again, I like the whole Fallout/Pokemon theme. But I'm not so sure about the AP idea...

Kali: :o ohyesdoit

I am still in support of the Crossover Colony idea, incidentally. I have a possible plot, I'll add it tomorrow and let someone else take control should it get good reception

Ok well I'm going to look at my Fallout 3 instruction manual and write out my ideas, it may take me a little while to get all the quirks figured out.

I was thinking of making a RPG with as much of a GAME aspect as possible, with classes and level-ups and skills and boss battles and moral decisions and character alignments and several endings.

Would anyone be interested in that?

Back
Top Bottom