• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea so here it goes.

Several renegade scientist have began testing an extremely rare substance. It is found only on pluto and only 25 kilograms of exist there. Enough has been brought back for tesing on Pokemon of all kinds. It is called Quaris. It cures cancer and enhances health but an unforseen problem has occured. The Pokemon tested with it developed dual personalities, blindness, sensitivty to light and other problems. It was later discover that Quaris could absorb a massive amount of sun light and was worked into solar panels, 2 of which could power kanto. It also had these affects for the Pokemon. They can absorb light and turn it into raw power. This power could be used to annilate an opponent or cover vast distances in the space of a few seconds. These pokemon have now escaped and seek to destroy all the Quaris on Earth. They are hunted by pokemon fearing their mutation the scientist who created them and trainers who are eager to claim this power. If the Quaris isn't destroyed the core of the earth will be destroyed and life on earth will no longer exist. Only the few mutated can sense it.

I'm still working on it so tell me what you think.

Uhh.. it sounds like another RP that I vaguely remember. I may or may not join, I'm trying to.. slow down on RP joinage. >_>

Idea... Time War RP. two feuding nations called xanth who are offset from the rest of the world by Three years. Each side believes the other has the way back to normal time. The people of xanth each have their own unique talent, The people with the strongest talents rule xanth and there are places where mythical creatures exist. And in mundania science rules, But no one has magic.

Good base?

Idea... *ZOMG SHADOWSTAR IS POSTING*

The dark blue-and-silverish gray dragon with red markings looked down at the pink dragon that lay before him. "You've grown weak, Palkia. You used to be so evenly matched with me... But now time will over power space... And space will become nothing but darkness. Finally, I will rule... Right after the rest of them are out of the way."

Turning away, the Temporal dragon disappeared into the rift.

A lady with lavender-colored hair watched using the water in a cauldron, that was cemented to the floor. "I'll be able to control more dimensions now... With Dialga under the power of my dark magic."
To clear things up a bit...

So basically, you're either a Magical Girl, Witch, Pokémon, or Trainer that has to stop the Chief Sorceress (the lavender haired lady) and /Primial/ Dialga from takin' over the world. (PD is gonna try and get rid of the rest of the legendaries, in case you're wondering... That's the idea I had, anyway.)

So yeah, this is a Sasami Magical Girls Club and Pokémon X-Over... But you need to know about neither of those animé's plots. Both worlds are combined, by the way so no confusion, okay?

Would anyone join? I won't post it if no one will...

There is a particularly acrid stench in the air, much akin to that of decomposing plant-life combined with the moist presence of rain, as you wade through the knee-high muck and between old, gnarled trees. Even though it is the middle of the day, the canopy of leaves above you is so dense that almost nothing can breach through, leaving a land illuminated with the bare minimum amount of light. Screeches off in the distance break the silence occasionally, accompanied by the monotonous bubbling of gases within the mud, releasing even more of the offensive odor before it is captured by the leafy ceiling above, forcing you to further endure this continuing trial.

In an instant, the atmosphere has suddenly become far colder. You tense up as you feel the harsh emotions storming around you. Something is moving around, lurking in the shadows, but it's far too dark for you to see anything at all, only hear the faintest of rustling in the sparse undergrowth. But you don't need light to see; you can feel it, his hungry glare and the fear it instills, from somewhere within the blackness. Maybe the swamp fumes have finally gotten to your head, or maybe you have a special knack for sensing these things, or maybe he wants you to know he's there, that he's ready to strike at any time, that you're just another victim. You can't turn back now, you must press onward.

The hunt has begun.

And what is this now? Leviathan trying to make another RP? Madness!

This's just something that's kind of been resting in my head for a while. The basic concept is that there's this swamp, full of monsters - hideously twisted and exaggerated forms of normal animals, nothing too fancy - creepy plantlife, poisonous gases, and who knows what else, and somewhere at the heart of it all is a fantastic treasure, something beyond what the mind can even start to comprehend. The players will consist of hunters (proud, adventurous types), tribesmen (natives trying to get rid of the violent outsiders), travelers (tourists, hikers, hobos - anyone who might just happen to wander in; the neutral group, more or less), and monsters (self-explanatory), though I expect to put in limits on the number of members in each of these groups depending on how few many people join. Overall I suppose the best way to categorize this plot is as a kind of survival horror story.

Also: .hack//ROLEPLAY? *shot for poor joke* I've seen the prospect brought up a few times here, but nothing ever really developed. Although I already know that there're a few who would be willing to participate, I'd like hear just how many are at least somewhat interested in such a topic. (PS: wiki plug)

I'd be up for .hack//ROLEPLAY...depending on if it follows the games, manga, novels, or anime. I've only seen .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet so...I'd need a bit of help if that were to come about

I've seen all the animes, read the Legend of the Twilight Bracelet manga, and did start on the .hack//xxxx manga. I've hardly played the games (most unfortunately), but xxxx is a retelling of the first four.

So I'll see how it pans out... And help out if I can, of course. Let's try and actually post a thread for once...

Twin blades are the best. <.<

Last edited:
((C'mon, people, I need some opinions on the swamp RP! D:))

I'd be up for .hack//ROLEPLAY...depending on if it follows the games, manga, novels, or anime. I've only seen .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet so...I'd need a bit of help if that were to come about

I've seen all the animes, read the Legend of the Twilight Bracelet manga, and did start on the .hack//xxxx manga. I've hardly played the games (most unfortunately), but xxxx is a retelling of the first four.

The main thing I'm trying to do with this RP is make it as simple - as understandable to unfamiliar players - as possible. Truth is, there was another .hack roleplay I made before this, on the previous forum, but I tried to make it far too much like the original games, with the actual items, equipment, areas, events, etc., and overall it just became too much of a hassle for anyone to bother with (only surskitty and my brother joined (and he got himself banned shortly afterward anyway)).

What I've come up with insofar is that it will take place after Legend of Twilight, going into the events of the Terminal Disc, the disappearance of Aura, and how it affected The World from a player's point of view. Without Aura, the power of the Twilight Bracelet has been rendered moot, but the original Epitaph of Twilight is still present somewhere in the game's programming. I'm still working out this next part, but the gist is that the Epitaph is invoked once again to create a new Bracelet, although the book alone alone isn't strong enough to make one that is complete; ultimately, Bracelet "fragments" are generated, and become spread throughout the system to random players (HMMM, I WONDER WHO THEY COULD BE??). Meanwhile, the CC Corp begins the R.A. Plan, stirring up the remnant data of the Eight Phases and the "glitches" which have been present throughout the series. Havoc ensues, and the players with bracelet fragments are eventually found by CC Corp administrators and forced at threat of deletion kindly asked to hunt down and capture the Phases.

I also have plans for how the RP is slated to end (as if that would actually happen); I'll save that for when the time comes, but if any of you would like to provide some plot assistance, I will gladly provide some information regarding it over PM.

Well if you have a solid ending thought out, that's good enough for me. The only reason I haven't been more proactive here is that I couldn't think of how to end such a RP.

Jason-kun: Well, it's not really a question of whether it's based off the games, manga, anime, or light novels, but rather whether it's based in the original Project .hack or the new .hack Conglomerate stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom