• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, alot of people like this idea! Anyway, not all of the people have to be a keyblade-wielder, but as for another ancient weapon thing... you have to tell me what it is on our form, and if it is balanced, then I'll allow it. As for user made worlds... maybe, if you give a very well done explanation, and you can be from the same world. And Maleficent is a evil b****, and I'm thinking that everyone can sort of drift for one side to the other, if they wish.

@ Erif: I'd totally forgotten about the awakenings, actually; my idea was that we were going to start post-awakenings. (cause I don't exactly understand how they work. ^^;) I think they happened during the whole absorbed-into-the-book thing.

Oh, no, of course not! You could always just be there, helping out. I think one of my characters is.

Uh, it is Maleficent. Soulda explained that better.

Yeah, that is what happened. That wasn't the actual plot; more like a summary. I PMed it to Xaldin, so he saw the entire thing. I should probably post it here, too.

Thanks for the crit, by the way. ^^
Ah right, my apologies. I got confused~

I think it'd be better to start post-Awakenings too, would make things quicker. And if people want, they could make references to their Awakening or something, memories and stuff, things that they remember from it. But yeah.

And you should post it all! It sounds like it'd be pretty cool. ^^ And would there be any room for some Organization XIII members? Because it'd be kinda cool if they were in it too... ah, I love them so~

It's all right.

Actually, we're thinking that maybe instead of Maleficent (cause she's kinda overused) we can have someone create an evil Heartless-commander-person.

I have to retype it; when it's done I'll put it up.

You should have told me sooner, dammit.
Still, we should talk about it, do you have like, Windows Live or something? If not, then we would simply have have to speak via the forums.
Naw, but I could make one. Just need to link me.

Ah right, my apologies. I got confused~

I think it'd be better to start post-Awakenings too, would make things quicker. And if people want, they could make references to their Awakening or something, memories and stuff, things that they remember from it. But yeah.

And you should post it all! It sounds like it'd be pretty cool. ^^ And would there be any room for some Organization XIII members? Because it'd be kinda cool if they were in it too... ah, I love them so~
The Organization is all dead. D:

But yeah, I totally agree that post-Awakenings would be cool. But before I make any more commentary, I need to read the stuff you have. Blah Blah Blah.

Erif: I think you're misunderstanding a little; in this universe KH is a fictional book series based on existing places and phenomena.

Yeah, the plot'll get up soon. Being sick isn't exactly the best motivator.

I was thinking about starting a pokemon TCG style RP. If anyone would be interested, I'll post the general idea for the plot, but I might need help getting the plot sorted as this is the first time I've tried to run an RP.

I was thinking about starting a pokemon TCG style RP. If anyone would be interested, I'll post the general idea for the plot, but I might need help getting the plot sorted as this is the first time I've tried to run an RP.

It's been tried before, by me actually; I got two signups. If you want people to join, try not to make it too complicated to people who don't play the TCG. ^ ^;

Okay, this is an idea I've been working on for a while. It's called Gladiator and basically what it's like is this. Each player creates a character (Duh) and the character can be one of 4 classes. Warrior, Archer, Assassin, or Hunter. (Clicheed so far, but meh.) THen you choose one of Three tribes. Wolf, Rat, or Bat. Each class and tribe has their own proficiencies in one of three stats. Strength, Speed, Accuracy. For example, the stats of a Assassin from the Rat tribe would look like this:

Strength: 1
Speed: 2 + 2 (Tribe)
Accuracy: 2

Assassins have higher speed and accuracy, but less strength, and the Rat tribe is more efficient in Speed. The default arena would look like this.

......|_|_|_|......
...|_|_|_|_|_|...
...|_|_|_|_|_|...
...|_|_|_|_|_|...
......|_|_|_|......

Arenas could then be customized to however you want them to be.

THERE IS A ROLEPLAYING ASPECT TO THIS. Each character of course, customizes their looks and personality and plays through a plot, but instead of just dictating battles it would use this battle system. There is more to the battle system, I just don't want to write it all out right now. Also, I don't quite have a plot for it yet, so if you want to help with that you can.

Anyone interested?

I think I mighta gone a little overboard with the plot: it's almost an entire page on Word. I love how it turned out, though, much better than the original.

Many long years ago, a witch named Maleficent tried to destroy the worlds. Commanding a huge army of Heartless, strange creatures formed from the darkness in people’s hearts, she infiltrated the hearts of the worlds, attempting to swallow them in darkness. Before she was finally defeated by an unknown someone, many had actually been destroyed. Although those that had been lost were quickly revived upon her defeat, many of the inhabitants wanted to make sure that no one would forget what had happened, so that it would never happen again.

So what did they decide to do? Why, they’d write a book, of course! Loosely based off the events of Maleficent’s War, as they called it, Kingdom Hearts was a series of mainly fictional stories about a teenaged boy who, with the help of some strange friends and a strange weapon called a “Keyblade”, managed to beat Maleficent, as well as whatever other threats managed to come their way. It almost instantly became wildly popular, one of those classic series that lasts for a long time. Despite its beginnings as a warning for future generations, however, it was easy to believe that it was pure fiction; after all, Heartless were now virtually unknown, and those who had heard of them were certain that their numbers could never grow that much.

Unfortunately, this “fiction” was slowly becoming a reality. One world, at least, had already been destroyed, with only a few known survivors. One of them, a female with strong magical prowess, had heard a little of Maleficent and her attempted conquest of the worlds, and decided that she’s make everyone go through what she had; she’d train herself in dark magics, and using it, she would take control of the Heartless and consume all the worlds in darkness! This plan was sure to work, she thought, as no one yet knew what could slay Heartless. Wasting no time, she quickly took over a neighboring world and used it as her headquarters, starting her plan; the first step was to kidnap seven girls, the Princesses of Heart, to unlock a Door to Darkness.

A refugee of this stolen world, an aged wizard named Merlin, traveled to a little known spot, hovering on the line between darkness and light, and set up a town, to help others who had lost their worlds. While using his magic to set up an inn, he discovered eight bizarre objects, that looked strangely like key chains, inside a box, carefully labeled “Strength is measured by the Heart.” Having read the Kingdom Hearts series and believing that these objects were dormant Keyblades, Merlin took this to mean that only those with strong hearts could wield them, and, seeing the events that would quickly unfold, he used a copy of the first book in the Kingdom Hearts series to summon eight children whose hearts had enough strength to use these Keyblades to fight the hoards of Heartless that would inevitably try to defeat them.

The witch, noticing what Merlin had done, was alarmed; if these really were Keyblades, then her plan could be ruined! She thought of a backup plan; she could find eight other children, manipulate them into working for her, give them dark Keyblades of her own creation, and use them to fight Merlin’s Keyblade wielders, thus buying her time to gather the Princesses and destroy the worlds. She quickly did just that, forming a legion of her own Keybladers, wielders of darkness rather than light.

Will you be one of Merlin’s Keybladers, helping to save the worlds from certain doom? Or will you assist the witch as a Keyblader of darkness, manipulated into working for her or willingly cooperating? Or maybe you’re just there, helping one side or another? Whichever role you choose, know that you’re not alone.

I'm debating whether to have Org. XIII involved at all, cause I think Miss Evil-Witch-of-Doom is enough to deal with.

(@Erif: Whoops, my should-I-take-it-literally? meter is a little off. Didn't catch that XD)

I know next to nothing about Kingdom hearts, but your idea for a plot sounds very interesting, Flora. I might join that were it made.

It's been tried before, by me actually; I got two signups. If you want people to join, try not to make it too complicated to people who don't play the TCG. ^ ^;

Yeah, I was planning on simplifying battles quite a lot if I do make it. The battle system would be based on attack points and defense points, kinda like Yu-Gi-Oh, not damage counters. However, i still do need more people to express interest in it before i do make it.

I feel outshined by these other big RPs but I'ma give it a try anyway

I'm thinking of making an RP based off of this new game I've been playing called Heroes of Newerth. It's a really fun game that I think would make an interesting RP. The downside would be being restricted to the characters from the game. For those who don't know it go here www.heroesofnewerth.com

Let me know if you would be interested in it :D

Okay, this is an idea I've been working on for a while. It's called Gladiator and basically what it's like is this. Each player creates a character (Duh) and the character can be one of 4 classes. Warrior, Archer, Assassin, or Hunter. (Clicheed so far, but meh.) THen you choose one of Three tribes. Wolf, Rat, or Bat. Each class and tribe has their own proficiencies in one of three stats. Strength, Speed, Accuracy. For example, the stats of a Assassin from the Rat tribe would look like this:

Strength: 1
Speed: 2 + 2 (Tribe)
Accuracy: 2

Assassins have higher speed and accuracy, but less strength, and the Rat tribe is more efficient in Speed. The default arena would look like this.

......|_|_|_|......
...|_|_|_|_|_|...
...|_|_|_|_|_|...
...|_|_|_|_|_|...
......|_|_|_|......

Arenas could then be customized to however you want them to be.

THERE IS A ROLEPLAYING ASPECT TO THIS. Each character of course, customizes their looks and personality and plays through a plot, but instead of just dictating battles it would use this battle system. There is more to the battle system, I just don't want to write it all out right now. Also, I don't quite have a plot for it yet, so if you want to help with that you can.

Anyone interested?

Sounds tempting, plus I have thought for a not so short while about creating a roleplay in which you choose a race and class and go around fighting(but that's a little cliche). Anyway, I'll help if I'll get a description(as always).

Just to make the idea a little less clicheed I'm going to change the names of the classes to something more creative. Also, if anyone wants to see a mock battle between two random characters, PM with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

This RP has been in my head for a while, and I'm just now getting the motivation to post it

The Ceus Stone: An ancient crimson gem that is said to be the key to Ultimate Power. Legend has it that the Ceus Stone was Arceus' final mark upon this world before he took to endless sleep. Whether or not he did this on purpose has yet to be known... by the common pokemon.

What is known about the Ceus Stone is that it is an amplifier of Elemental Energy. One who is in contact with the Stone has their attacks strengthened to the point where they cannot be struck. Everyone who has heard of the Ceus Stone knows this.

Fewer know how it is capable of doing so, however. Those who do know that the Ceus Stone absorbs Elemental Energy from its surroundings; whether they are part of the environment or pokemon who are not holding the Stone doesn't matter. The Ceus Stone absorbs slowly and subtly; by the time the pokemon has realized their power was being absorbed, it would be too late.

And only a handful of pokemon know of the Ceus Stone's final, most terrible secret. This secret is the true reason of its creation. A secret that threatens to undo everything Arceus has done...

Word that the Stone was spotted has traveled quickly. Pokemon all over the known world are preparing themselves to hunt for the Stone, some with the intent to use it for themselves, and others who intend to protect it from evil.

And there are others still with even darker motives, motives based around the final secret of the Stone...

Any suggestions on how I should improve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom