• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Exo-Raikou: Well, I've been waiting for you to make another Pokemon RP. This seems promising. Just a few questions about the premise: Are there to be humans? Does this take place in a PMD-like setting? Where does it take place? Where do we start at? Are we to be moving a lot? What do you expect the RP's pace to be, not taking into account post frequency?

Well, I was going to ask all of the above eventually. I'm saving server space~

@Exo
Sorry Midnight, but to me sounds clichéd. I have my own idea here.

Everything was normal until the day all pokemon were considered too dangerous for human society, and exiled into the wilds. That day, all pokemon's attacks became enhanced, and incredibly destructive. Some pokemon enjoy their new found power, and will stop at nothing to keep it. Others enjoyed the company and care of humans and swore they would destroy the source. Which side will triumph?

I posted something SIMILAR to this a while back, but no one was interested. D: Is it just me, or was I completely ignored?

I'll try again to get an idea that will catch on. My last one fell flat.

What two species are fighting? Werewolves and vampires. How many have died? Lost count. How long has the war lasted? Too long. Why do they fight? Because they can. As a budding youth, werewolf or vampire, you are being trained to fight in this war. At first you think like all others: hate the enemy, kill the enemy, but never fear them. But soon ideas begin to form in your head; ideas of peace. Whether or not you put these ideas into action is your decision. Peace, or war? You decide, and as you move up the ranks, your decision will count more and more.

It's Halloween night and, meh, I had to do something Werewolf/Vampire. NOTE: If you hear vampire and think Edward Cullen, you are dead wrong. Think Anne Rice / Darren Shan. If you want vampires that "glitter", go read twilight for the millionth time.

I'll try again to get an idea that will catch on. My last one fell flat.

What two species are fighting? Werewolves and vampires. How many have died? Lost count. How long has the war lasted? Too long. Why do they fight? Because they can. As a budding youth, werewolf or vampire, you are being trained to fight in this war. At first you think like all others: hate the enemy, kill the enemy, but never fear them. But soon ideas begin to form in your head; ideas of peace. Whether or not you put these ideas into action is your decision. Peace, or war? You decide, and as you move up the ranks, your decision will count more and more.

It's Halloween night and, meh, I had to do something Werewolf/Vampire. NOTE: If you hear vampire and think Edward Cullen, you are dead wrong. Think Anne Rice / Darren Shan. If you want vampires that "glitter", go read twilight for the millionth time.

@Chaon:*Clap* *Clap* Clap* I would so join. My brother applauds with me.
Brother:Van Helsing got you started... right...?

@Exo-Raikou: Well, I've been waiting for you to make another Pokemon RP. This seems promising. Just a few questions about the premise: Are there to be humans? Does this take place in a PMD-like setting? Where does it take place? Where do we start at? Are we to be moving a lot? What do you expect the RP's pace to be, not taking into account post frequency?

Well, I was going to ask all of the above eventually. I'm saving server space~

Really? I think the last good Pokemon RP I made was that Seven Treasures one. Hyrbid's War kinda fell on its face.

Anyhoo, answering your questions in order: I'm not sure if there will be humans, it'll depend on whether or not people want to play as them; it will most likely take place in a PMD-esque setting (some sort of combo between the PMD2 land and Sinnoh, methinks;) It's going to jump-start right into the hunt for the Stone; characters will be on the move a lot (you're hunting for a legendary treasure, after all;) and not taking post frequency into account, I think it could move somewhat fast (think Rift around when I joined it.)

Sounds good. When do you think you'll start it?

I've never heard of Seven Treasures. How long ago was that? Link?

This is the RP. It was my attempt at putting a little backstory into those bonus missions of PMD2.

I'll probably start once I can finish the long prologue that I've planned.

Uh... I thought about remaking the Evolution Core Rp, since I have put a lot effort into it and have a new(and, unfortunately, a little cliched) plot for it, so I wondered who would like to join(if any do).

Let's try this again. Hope fully I'm not completely ignored by all but one person >.>

"Every pokemon will soon gather together, then face off. A tournament is being held to decide the greatest fighter in the world. The winner will get the grand prize, a solid gold pokeball! Hurry and submit your entries before one week from now." The announcer on the TV was right. You, as a pokemon, would love being in that contest, but there is only one problem. No trainer. Without a trainer you can't enter and the deadline for entries is a week away. How are you ever going to find a trainer by then?

Anyone interested in being in a tournament? :D Some people will have to play the trainers, though.

Let's try this again. Hope fully I'm not completely ignored by all but one person >.>

"Every pokemon will soon gather together, then face off. A tournament is being held to decide the greatest fighter in the world. The winner will get the grand prize, a solid gold pokeball! Hurry and submit your entries before one week from now." The announcer on the TV was right. You, as a pokemon, would love being in that contest, but there is only one problem. No trainer. Without a trainer you can't enter and the deadline for entries is a week away. How are you ever going to find a trainer by then?

Anyone interested in being in a tournament? :D Some people will have to play the trainers, though.

Well, the problem is that most people would prefer to be a pokemon than a trainer, so unless you force everyone to have two characters (a pokemon and a trainer), you probably won't have enough trainers.

But otherwise, a tournament sounds fun.

Chaon: If you make the RPG more evenly based on the interaction between human and Pokemon, rather than just about Pokemon wanting to win a human-based tournament (I'd imagine most wild Pokemon would be content to just stay wild, and not care about some silly human tournament or pokeball), then I'd think in could be rather interesting. It would also help to be able to play two characters if you choose, as in a pokemon and a human.

One of the things I was thinking about, along similar lines, was an RPG that dealt with probably normal high-school-aged humans, each friends with each other and each with a single Pokemon 'pet'. The Pokemon would be able to interact with each other in a safe environment while the humans go to school, (yes, this is what eventually came of my Pokemon school version), and after school, the humans would be reunited with their partners and they'd each be able to hang out and do normal things. No 'great tournaments' or whatever, but there could still be prize fights or even local tournaments... it would be more free-style.

I like your idea Kali, the plot should be changed that all wild pokemon are caught and a tournament is held. The top few pokemon will be set free, while the others will wither die fighting, or be enslaved the rest of their lives. Of course, with all the pokemon in the world being there, it would take weeks to finish one round, and those who are not fighting are put into a false environment kind of place. There would be a board, where the pokemon could check if their battles are coming up soon, and the results of the previous battles. Maybe scratch the idea of trainers even being there? Just spectators. To be honest it's usually not much fun RPing a human.

Sort of like a "Gladiator" arena? That could work.. Or maybe have it where they're enclosed within a small habitat, and the only way to be released is to kill the others until there's only a certain few (1-3 or whatever) left?

Nah, that would make it seem more like a free-for-all. The tournament idea kind of dies with that.

Sort of like a "Gladiator" arena? That could work.. Or maybe have it where they're enclosed within a small habitat, and the only way to be released is to kill the others until there's only a certain few (1-3 or whatever) left?

I kinda like this, actually. To make it a tournament-ey thing, maybe there should be some all-powerful being (perhaps human, perhaps not) that forces them to fight in tournaments that the superior being organized, and whoever wins moves on to the next round, and the winner gets released. But then this may deteriorate into a "team up and beat evil superior being" thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom