• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you were an admin here...

I am, of course, referring to your post:

Negrek said:
I think it's pretty unfair to infract people for that, given that we don't infract for all the myriad other typing oddities that crop up and some people find annoying (using alternate-colored text, smileys, 1337, nocaps, or just generally having poor spelling/grammar/punctuation).

It's also worth noting there is something of a difference between just having a poor typing style in general and being deliberate about it. Regarding the Troll-type posts, we have given verbal warnings in the past. And I still am of the opinion 10 point/1 week infractions are very worthless to begin with.

You mean I exaggerate the amount of those other issues? I never said anything about their prevalence, so I'm not sure how I could be overstating it. Troll-typing doesn't happen all that often outside threads where it's fine anyway (various Homestuck-themed threads), so I don't think the relative rarity of those other typing styles is a problem.

You had previously said something to all the people in that thread who got infracted for it? At the least you could have posted something there so that people would have an inkling of what happened and what could happen to them if they posted in the same way.

If those sorts of infractions are worthless, why give them at all?

I'm pretty sure usually people do say something instead of giving an infraction? ETA: Whoops, sorry, ninja'd a bunch. Alvyren! People can get banned for accumulating infractions regardless of number of points.

That's cool. I'm just wondering why like four people were infracted this particular time.

I think that if I were an admin I'd try not to let myself suck so badly.

Also I'd probably ever so slightly enforce grammatical rules; I'd probably not infract people but would encourage that no shorthand writing wud b used so ya.

I, personally, don't have anything against Homestuck but also am not an extensive fan. I think I agree with many of Negrek's points (paragraphs of aLtErNaTe CaSe would be warned for and then infracted, but just a small piece at the end of a post is okay).

For what it's worth, I think it's pretty unfair to infract people for that, given that we don't infract for all the myriad other typing oddities that crop up and some people find annoying (using alternate-colored text, smileys, 1337, nocaps, or just generally having poor spelling/grammar/punctuation).

Don't forget ending sentences with ", so." or ", but." !

Man, I hate that so much.

I don't think I would be obsessive about the grammar thing, just a wee bit of enforcement. I would also ask that people with a ton of random unnecessary numbers in their name change their username. Numbers in usernames are fugly.

I would personally infract people for going "tl;dr".

There really isn't any reason you should be allowed to make a post when all you're saying is "I didn't read what you wrote."

I think the solution to a lot of this is having visible infractions. Did we ever have that before? I swear we did back on IF, or I am losing my mind.

I would also ask that people with a ton of random unnecessary numbers in their name change their username. Numbers in usernames are fugly.

I am tempted to rename myself a sequence of random numbers now. :P

Serious, as long as someone doesn't name themselves something... wrong... I won't care.

I think the solution to a lot of this is having visible infractions. Did we ever have that before? I swear we did back on IF, or I am losing my mind.

I am tempted to rename myself a sequence of random numbers now. :P

Serious, as long as someone doesn't name themselves something... wrong... I won't care.
I had a visible infraction.

That still exists.

You can see your own infractions, but I don't think you can see other people's, which is what is meant by visible infractions.

I would...make a Spriting Lounge sub-forum inside the Sprites and Pixel Art forum, to ask questions and discuss spriting techniques.

I would reform the ASB system where as it would feel like a battle was actually taking place instead ofd just calling off attacks.

That's.. what it's meant to be like right now, though.

But yet, it doesn't feel that way. Anytime I battle, I HAVE to use three moves and in a correct form and everything. Instead, I want to just have a battle where I call off a command as I see fit. Like in a double battle, my Drilly could dig underground while my other Pokemon fights on land or something like that.

But yet, it doesn't feel that way. Anytime I battle, I HAVE to use three moves and in a correct form and everything. Instead, I want to just have a battle where I call off a command as I see fit. Like in a double battle, my Drilly could dig underground while my other Pokemon fights on land or something like that.

... you can..?

Back
Top Bottom