• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open I'm So Sick! (needs a better title)

Cannon looked calmly at Thorn.

"Shadowflare told me to, by exchanging looks. You may not have noticed. It's a way of silent communication, almost like telepathy."

He didn't bother to click his gun-arm again, but pointed it at Thorn anyway. "Have a cookie," he muttered. It was directed to Shadowflare, but anyone could hear it.

Finally, he lowered his arm and turned around to Shadowflare, pointing at the plate of cookies. "May I?" he asked, glancing warily over his shoulder at Thorn.

Cannon nodded, but suddenly didn't feel like eating a cookie anymore. His heart sank as he turned to Thorn. He originally thought that if Shadowflare was sick, he would take the throne... but he was starting to get discouraged. If he did, would he do a good job?

Just do it now, he told himself.

Looking back, he tried to lift his arm. It didn't move. He just couldn't kill someone like her. She was kind and hospitable, never cruel to him. Why would he strike first when she hadn't done anything. He turned around and stared at the wall, unshed tears sparkling behind his empty, unreadable eyes.

Thorn froze as Cannon aimed his arm at him this time. He growled, something he had picked up from his Mightyena of a foster parent.

When the Rypherior turned away towards the wall, Thorn dashed away, then appeared behind Cannon. He raised his flowers again, to his head. If he tried to turn around and fight, he'd get a faceful of toxins.

Last edited:
((Oh, sorry. ^_^; I got you confused with someone else. Edited.))

Thorn glanced towards Ren. The Espeon now lay unmoving on the floor. It couldn't be.

The Roselia's gaze flickered back to Cannon, eyes narrowed.

"You son-of-a-" He stopped himself by letting out a cloud of purple pollen around the Rypherior, Poison Powder.

Cannon coughed. He tried not to breathe, but was poisoned by some of the toxic spores.

"Arceus curse you!" he yelled, and used Rock Wrecker (check it on Veekun).

"I will attack no one after that," he growled. His voice was filled with anger, and it was as if someone else was saying it. "At least for now." He lowered his head so his eyes could not be seen.

"No one shall be hurt. I will protect Mistress Shadowflare with my life." He coughed again.

Opal... Khran thought as he emerged from a forest, on his way to Shadowflare's mansion. He held the small Cubone in his hands. I'm starting to think Corona was right. All the fighting that goes on in there... What if Opal is hurt? I know he's 11, and he's my little brother, not my son, but he's still like a baby to me. Khran sighed.

Some way further down the path, a Pidgeot was flying at a rather low altitude. Landing near Khran and Opal, he mused, "I don't mean to be nosy, but what are you doing carrying a child out here? This place is so far away from anywhere, especially on foot. Where are you headed?"

Khran thought about whether he should ignore the Pidgeot and keep going. He seemed a little... too concerned. Eh, he doesn't seem like an axe-murderer or anything, so alright. With Opal around, perhaps Khran was a little too paranoid.

"Shadowflare's mansion. Why?"

"Oh, you mean the rich, practically child-princess Lady Shadowflare? I know where she lives. Would you like a lift?"

"Er, I don't usually take lifts with strangers, but alright. I'm really in need right now."

"Great! Here, just climb on, and make sure that sleeping kid doesn't fall off."

Thorn cried out in pain from the attack, falling to the ground. His left arm ached horribly, he hoped it wasn't broken. His cry turned to a strangled growl of frustration and pain. The Roselia didn't dare get up, he feared that Cannon would do the same as he did to Ren.

"A hope you rot in a feiry pit of death, you filth." He spat at the Rypherior's feet.

Khran arrived at the mansion on the large bird Pokemon's back. It was in the early hours of the morning, and the sun shone through, creating a beautiful pallet of colors in the sky. Khran hopped off of the Pidgeot's back and thanked him as he flew off into the morning sky. In his hands, Opal was beginning to wake up.

"...Corona?"

"No, Opal. It's me, Khran."

"Huh?" Opal was able to get back on his feet. "It is you! Khran! Khran! I missed you so much!" squealed the little Cubone as he hugged Khran. "But, where am I?"

"Shadowflare's mansion. I work as a servant here. You'll be living here with me for a while." said Khran.

"Oh, great! It'll be so much fun!" whispered Opal excitedly.

I think he'll be surprised... Khran sighed. "Here," instructed Khran. "Stay on the porchstep. I'll go inside. It would be rude if I suddenly burst in with a child."

"Okay, Khran, I understand." said Opal as he obediently sat on the porchstep.

As Khran stepped inside, he thought, Oh god, I wonder what those servants have been doing while I was away... I bet they killed someone! Khran was about to learn that they did, in fact, kill someone.

Stepping into the bedroom, Khran said, "Alright, my 11 year old brother is out there on the porchstep. Now, if someone could tell me what happe--" Khran stared in shock at the limp body of the now-late Ren. "Fools! How do you expect us to call the cops when someone has killed Ren?! Nothing can be done now!" Khran wasn't worried so much about Ren, as he was the consequences of his death. "Look here! I want no more violence if my brother is to stay here! He's still a child, and he shouldn't have to suffer because of your violent ways! I would lay down my life to protect him, as my mother did to bring him into this world!" Khran began to shed tears. Wiping them away, he asked, "But, who killed Ren?"

Cannon looked at Khran. "Why? Did you want Ren to stay alive and torture Shadowflare for the rest of her life?"

Lex had been kneeling over the limp form of Ren. Now he stood.

"There is a reason for prisons, and another for the security here," he said, turning towards Cannon, "But both would perform the same role in this case; to keep Ren out. Death is never the only option."

"I will contact the police, and inform them that this was an accident. I will then leave it up to them to decide what they will do."

"I am disappointed, Cannon. I believed you had more sense than this. But I cannot ignore what just happened, regardless of who it happened to."

"Ah, Khran, you have returned with your brother? Let us step outside so that I may see him, away from all the fighting and arguing. After this is settled, he may come inside, and I'll give him a tour, as I did to all of my servants. But that doesn't mean he'll become a servant. And while we're outside, Khran, I would like to talk to you." said Shadowflare, turning towards the door.

"But remember, he's Psychic type," Noelle informed. "So even if we kept him in prison, he could easily bend the bars or whatever to get out."

Back
Top Bottom