• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Invite only] Pokémon: Kanto Adventures

Re: [Invite only] Pokémon: Kanto Adventures

This seems like a very limited RPG. I mean, five people? Anyway, you should also put the [CLOSED] prefix in front of this RPG even if it is invite only

Erm, pikachu629, there's one RPG that was invite only and only has three people. And to be honest, I think anything over five would be a little too much if the whole group is travelling together.

And there's only 3 starters in each region too <.< I was actually thinking of only 4 people, though, but then I decided for 5 :]

Thanks for letting me join, Bakuphoon. ^^

Forum Name: Kali the Flygon
Char Name: Jason
Personality: Jason is technically smart, but hasn't had much experience outdoors. He likes to be overprepared, when he can. Mostly PO though.
Appearance: Jason's an average height and build. He has short blond hair and blue eyes, wears glasses, and can be seen wearing a green, collared shirt, brown shorts, and carries a big, green backpack.
Relationships: None yet, though open to them.
Biography: Jason's a new, local Pokemon trainer in Pallet. His father is a personal friend of Prof Oak and gave Jason a Pokemon egg for his 14th birthday, 8 months ago, an egg he had originally gotten from Oak. The egg soon hatched into an Eevee, and Jason's taken care of the young Pokemon ever since. Now, he's decided to become an official trainer and tour Kanto while helping his Eevee become stronger.
Pokémon: Eevee(F): named Arle.
Stored Pokémon: None yet

Thanks for letting me join, Bakuphoon. ^^

Forum Name: Kali the Flygon
Char Name: Jason
Personality: Jason is technically smart, but hasn't had much experience outdoors. He likes to be overprepared, when he can. Mostly PO though.
Appearance: Jason's an average height and build. He has short blond hair and blue eyes, wears glasses, and can be seen wearing a green, collared shirt, brown shorts, and carries a big, green backpack.
Relationships: None yet, though open to them.
Biography: Jason's a new, local Pokemon trainer in Pallet. His father is a personal friend of Prof Oak and gave Jason a Pokemon egg for his 14th birthday, 8 months ago, an egg he had originally gotten from Oak. The egg soon hatched into an Eevee, and Jason's taken care of the young Pokemon ever since. Now, he's decided to become an official trainer and tour Kanto while helping his Eevee become stronger.
Pokémon: Eevee(F): named Arle.
Stored Pokémon: None yet
Yay! You're here :] In! Now we just need Blaziking to be finished with his form and Kai to join, then we'll start :D

Just a thought... since Kai was late at coming to this topic, maybe you could let Blaziking take the Charmander, and let Kai take the 'late' role also instead? Another thought, the 5th starter in Kanto is Pikachu (from Yellow), since I took Eevee.

What do you think?

Forum Name: Kai
Char Name: Dante
Appearance: Dante is tall and thin, with black hair and a white fringe. He also has Inherited red eyes from his father. While travelling, he wears a dark navy-blue shirt and black baggy jeans. However, when not, he wears a black suit.
Relationships: He's a friend of Nathaniel, who he knows thanks to his fathers various connections. (That is alright, Isn't it Castform?)
Biography: Dante's father is a billionare travelling trainer, who remains undercover. Dante lives in Pallet town, with his mother. He is also rich, due to his father sending large amounts of money in the mail. However, he has never left Pallet town, and therefore cannot wait to start travelling. He is also good at illusions.
Pokémon:
Charmander.png
Sara, the Charmander(F).
Stored Pokémon: His Father gave him a Nidorino that he caught on his journey, but as He's never left Pallet town, he knows naught of this.

Excuse me, Kali? I've been busy, that's all.

I hope this is alright.

EDIT: Also due to the fact that my Laptop's charger has mysteriously stopped working, I may not be able to post again for some time.

Forum Name: Kai
Char Name: Dante
Appearance: Dante is tall and thin, with black hair and a white fringe. He also has Inherited red eyes from his father. While travelling, he wears a dark navy-blue shirt and black baggy jeans. However, when not, he wears a black suit.
Relationships: He's a friend of Nathaniel, who he knows thanks to his fathers various connections. (That is alright, Isn't it Castform?)
Biography: Dante's father is a billionare travelling trainer, who remains undercover. Dante lives in Pallet town, with his mother. He is also rich, due to his father sending large amounts of money in the mail. However, he has never left Pallet town, and therefore cannot wait to start travelling. He is also good at illusions.
Pokémon:
Charmander.png
Sara, the Charmander(F).
Stored Pokémon: His Father gave him a Nidorino that he caught on his journey, but as He's never left Pallet town, he knows naught of this.

Excuse me, Kali? I've been busy, that's all.

I hope this is alright.

EDIT: Also due to the fact that my Laptop's charger has mysteriously stopped working, I may not be able to post again for some time.
Accepted :] When Blaziking edits his form we'll start... Wait, won't he be gone till the 19th? Well, he'll be the one who oversleeps anyway, sooo... we'll start soon enough. I just have to go eat and stuff.

And Kali, I already decided that he would be the one who overslept. No point in changing that.

YES!

Starting...

Castform is super-hyped up.

"Beep! Beep!"

Hannah groaned and turned in her bed.

"Beep! Beep!" It continued.

She groaned again. "Gah..." Her hand moved on the alarm and stopped it by pressing it down. She took the cover over her head and tried to go to sleep again, when she remembered something.

It's today I'm going to get my first Pokémon! That's why I put the alarm on 9 o' clock! Her eyes opened and she jumped out of her bed.

"Must... get... Bulbasaur!" She searched in the closet for her clothes. Ah. there they were. She put the usual clothes on her body as fast as she could and raced out of her room, grabbing her yellow bag on the way.

"Morning dear!" Hannah's mum, Lisa, said. "Want some breakfast?" "No thanks, mum. I got to go to professor Oak's lab and get my first Pokémon!" Hannah raced past her mum and out of the door. "Which one will you choose?" Her mum shouted after her. "I've already told ya!" Lisa sighed. A Bulbasaur, of course.

Hannah raced over to Oak's lab, watching the surroundings as she ran. Pallet Town was a beautiful place. There were vivid flowers, big, beautiful trees, green grass, nice people... and the list goes on.

When she finally arrived at professor Oak's lab, she pushed the door open, quite harsh and quick, and ran over to the professor. She tapped the old mans back and he turned, as he was facing somthing else. "Oh, hello." He said and patted Hannah on her head. "And you must be...?" "Hannah! You invited me to come to your lab today!" Hannah said exitedly. "Hannah... Hannah... Oh yes! You are the girl I invited here so that you would get your own Pokémon!" Oak turned again and started to walk deeper into the lab, which was eye-hurting white. "Follow me, please."

Hannah followed, and when they stopped, they stood in front of a wooden table. There were three red and white Pokéballs on it. "These Pokéballs contains three very rare Pokémon-" "Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle!" Hannah interupted Oak, and took up and studied the Pokéballs one after another. "Now which one has Bulbasaur?" She asked, very impatient. "Heh. You may open them, if you wish." Without answering, Hannah took up one of the Pokéballs and threw it up in the air. Out of the red light from the Pokéball emerged...

"Char, char!" The orange dinosaur like pokémon stared up at Hannah with bright, blue eyes. "That's Charmander, the Lizard Pokèmon. It is a fire type and-" Before Oak could finish the description of the Charmander, Hannah had threw another Pokéball in the air. "You do know you don't have to throw the Pokéball up in the air to release a Pokémon?" Oak sweatdropped.

A light blue Pokémon with red eyes and a green shell appeared out of the Pokéball. "Squuuiir?" It said "That is Squirte, the-" "Yeah, yeah. I know. And I throw the Pokéball in the air because it looks cooler. And, uh, what is it with that Squitle?" Hannah said, and sighed. "Then the last must be a Bulbasaur!" She threw the last Pokéball in the air.

"Bulba!" A blue-greenish Pokémon with a green bulb on it's back appeared. It looked around the room with it's red eyes. "Finally! A Bulbasaur!" Hannah picked up the Bulbasaur and hugged it. "Bulbaaaa!" The Bulbasaur looked terrified by the sudden movement. "Take it easy, Hannah.This Pokémon is new to you, you should carefully approach it." Oak didn't care to give the description of the Bulbasaur, it seemed. "I wuv wuv wuv wuv Bulbasaurs!!" Hannah said and hold on to it even more. "Bulab! Bulba! Bulba!!" The Bulbasaur whipped Hannah's face, and while the human was paralyzed, it jumped out of her arms.

"Oww... HEY! Why did'ya do that??" Hannah jumped and started chasing the Seed Pokémon. "Don't do that! She doesn't appear to like you very much, you should give her time to get used to you!" Oak yelled and stopped Hannah. "She? So this Bulbasaur is a she?" Hannah said. "Exactly. Care to give her a nickname?" "I sure do!" The Bulbasaur had stopped running, and was now hiding behind the professor's feet. "I will call you... Sunny! Since you'll learn Solar Beam sooner or later!"

In the meantime, The Squirtle and Charmander was playing hide and seek, but had stopped when Hannah had started chasing the Bulbasaur.

Last edited:

(( D:< Squirtle is SHINY! He's light blue with a green shell!

My post, right?))

There was a ringing sound, and the watch-like machine strapped around the boy's wrist began to vibrate. He woke up almost immediately and pressed a button on the side of the watch, which flipped open like a mobile phone, showing a picture of a woman with long blonde hair in a ponytail. "Hi Mum," the bot said sleepily, "Thanks for waking me. I'll go and get mySquirtle now. See you later!"

The woman smiled. "Alright, Nath. be careful on your journey, and-"

"I know, Mum," Nathan replied, "I will be. I always am."

She laughed. "Of course you are. Bye!"

He flicked the Pokégear shut and wriggled out of his sleeping bag, then climbed out of the small tent. He quickly disassembled the tent and stuffed it into his backpack, then skirted around a patch of tall grass, heading downhill towards his destination.

Slowly, very slowly, Pallet Town crawled into sight. he soon arrived in the small village and jogged immediately over to the large lab.

Nath stepped inside and ran past bookshelves and scientists to the Professor by the table. "Hi," he gasped, out of breath, "I'm Nathan. Can i choose my Pokémon now?"

The Professor laughed. "Fine. The two remaining are Charmander and Squirtle." He indicated the two remaining Pokéballs as he said the names of the Pokémon inside. Nathan immediately grabbed the second ball Oak pointed to and presse dit to his lips before pressing the button.

Something odd happened.

The ball swung open, but instead of a beam of red light shooting out, a single, golden spark hovered in the air. It suddenly began to spiral towards the ground, growing larger and brighter, until it hit the white floor and began to change shape, becoming the golden silhouette of a bipedal, shelled creature with a large tail.

The golden glow faded and the light blue turtle looked up at Nath. "Squirtle!" it exclaimed, shuffling around so its whole body faced Nathan. It frowned.

"This Squirtle is..." the boy whispered, confused. "Why's it coloured like that?"

"Erm..." the Professor stammered. "I didn't notice before. Your Squirtle appears to be Alternate Coloured, or 'Shiny'."

Nathan nodded, still a little puzzled. I think I'll call you Turto."

The turtle Pokémon nodded, and laughed for no apparent reason. Nathan picked him up and looked around. There was a girl searching for the Bulbasaur, which was currently hiding behind Oak's legs.

((Sorry if Oak's too important for me to control XP))

(/ Oops -.-" I totally forgot! And, feel free to control NPCs a little ))

((It's fine, no worries. I wasn't actually angry. So now we wait for Kai to post?))

((Yeah, I'm just getting Hannah to react to the talking and stuff ^^))

Hannah heard someone come in from the door to the lab, and turned to see.

"Oh, hi!" She said, and waved at the boy. "I'm Hannah. Nice to meet you! I see you have that Squirtle. Did you get it just now from professor Oak? I got my Bulbasaur just no- Ow!" Sunny had hit her again on her head with a weak Vine Whip. "Grr... I'll get you sooner or later!" She started chasing the Bulbasaur again, and Sunny seemed to enjoy it, maybe thinking it was a sort of game.

(Yay, time for the traditional super-long intro post!)

"Breakfast is on the table, Jason! Make sure you eat well... you'll need your energy!"
"Yeah, thanks mom.."
"Are you all packed?"
"I think so."
"Clothes, food, first aid supplies?"
"Mooom..."

14 year old Jason Kurt ran down the stairs of his little single-family home, in central Pallet town, carrying a stuffed green leather camping backpack on his back. Just behind him, an energetic brown foxlike creature trotted down, appearing more excited than usual. Today was to be the beginning of the rest of their lives, and the Eevee, Arle, could sense the energy in the air. Jason's father had already left for his job, an assistant to the famous Prof. Oak, at the Pokémon Research Laboratory just outside town, so his mother was helping him get ready. The middle-aged, blond lady, whose slightly grayed hair hung in a ponytail, stood in the kitchen by the sink, cleaning a stovetop pan. Jason slowed down finally as he entered the kitchen, placing his backpack by the entrance to the room, then walked over to the table. He took a deep breath of the aroma of the food and took his seat by it.

"Scrambled eggs and bacon... Mmm, thanks mom."
"No problem, sweetie," Jason's mother replied, turning to him with a smile. "You need your protein... it'll help you grow big and strong!"
"Yeah yeah..."

Arle sat down on the floor next to the table and stared up at Jason, showing a familiar begging pose. The boy gave a small chuckle and slid his Eevee a small piece of bacon, which she quickly licked into her mouth, biting it a little until it was small enough to swallow. Jason had already fed his Eevee, but that didn't stop her from asking for table scraps. She mewed happily, looking to see if he would give her anything more, but he had already started eating his own food.

Minutes later, as Jason stood up from the table, he suddenly felt himself being embraced by his mother. She began to speak to him.
"Your father is going to be so proud... Stay out of trouble and make sure you call home every day! If you ever get homesick, I will be right here for you." Tears started to form in her eyes. "You've grown up so fast, Jason... I'm going to miss you..."
Jason couldn't help but close his eyes and hug her back. His family had planned this day for months, but he could hear in her voice how tough it was going to be for his mother. "I know, mom... I'll be careful, don't worry."
"I love you, Jason..."
"Thanks mom."

With that, Jason finally began his journey. He picked his backpack back up, then lifted up Arle, who found a nice resting spot on his shoulder, and headed out the door, shouting one more time, "Bye mom!" As he walked down a street, he looked at the large Lab a short distance away. Jason began to wonder out loud, "Maybe I should stop by and say goodbye to dad... he did have to leave before I had a chance to this morning..." He thought about it for a little while, then headed up toward the lab.

"Yep," Nathan replied. "I guess your Bulbasaur's from the Professor too?"

He noticed the froglike Pokémon was still trying to escape from her new trainer. Chuckling, he let Turto jump to the ground. "See if you can catch that Bulbasaur!" he said to the shiny Squirtle, who ran after her as fast as his small legs would let him, his short arms waving in front of him like a zombie - a very cute zombie.

"Yeah. But she's quite new to me, so we don't have a close bond or something." Hannah panted as she tried to catch Sunny. "Get back here!" She shouted at the running Bulbasaur.

When she noticed the other trainer's Squirtle had joined in the running, she stopped so Sunny and Squirtle could play.

Sunny ran around Hannah's feet in circles trying to shake off the Squirtle. "It looks like they're having fun." Hannah said and turned to the boy. "What's your name, by the way. I can't remember you telling me your name."

Nathan smiled as he watched the two Pokémon playing. "Yeah, they do. And my name's Nathaniel. Nathan or Nath for short."

He looked up at the girl. "What's yours?" he asked.

[Here I go!]

Dante woke up. He had been dreaming about finally starting his adventure. Yawning, he got out of bed, and got dressed into his smart black shirt and trowsers. He was going to get a Charmander today, no doubt about it. He put on his white gloves and looked in the mirror. He was ready.
"Make sure you write every so often!" He could hear his mother say in the distance, as he walked over to the professor's lab.

Once Inside, he noticed that there were people already there. One of them, a boy with a squirtle, he recognised.
"Are you... Nathaniel?" He asked politely.

Back
Top Bottom